Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find interesting is that now that we are trying to add a defensive edge to our game, which pretty much everyone has been crying out for, it is a) assumed that we are going to play like Freo and the Saints under Lyon and b) that this is now being perceived as a bad thing by some.

What evidence do we have that we are now going to be looking to adopt a strangle only game style when it is evident that we have some seriously potent players? Balance between attack and defence is where it's at and I'd put my house on the fact that it is this balance between the two that we are looking for.

I haven't watched a replay of the Dogs game so can only go on my now vague recollections of being there....so my question is whether or not the shit I sat through during Q 1 and Q 2 was-

a. our new more defensive mode

or

b. the Dogs defensive plan.

If is a., all hail Tudor.

kjlpa.gif

Using this as a guide, to which it's well documented I 100% agree, do you think 'Bye Bye Brad' will occur or will he continue his term?

(worst case scenario I know TPA, but interested to know your thoughts as i'm have read multiple times Scott will continue next year regardless)

We clearly aren't in a position to pay out two years of a contract (why it was extended that long is beyond me) so I don't see a sacking on the horizon.

Next year at the earliest if it happens, but I'm hoping that we are gradually turning the corner after another game plan 'tweak' and we are finally able to contend from this round, and season, onwards.

He will coach until well into 2015. We are not going to pay him out. So maybe get behind him. What was so wrong with the weekends game? The young dogs were always going to tire coming back from the heat of WA. Keep it tight and then blow them away late.

I don't care how we win - would never hope they lose.

I am a more passionate north supporter as any, and I did not state that I 'hoped' they would lose. It was the first time in my entire life that I 'wouldn't of cared'. The team had a good thing going last year. The game style that was implemented was stylish and better than any going around. Mentally we were ******. The defensive game plan is turning extremely attacking footballers into defensive idiots, and it is only taking us backwards. Our coach has taken us nowhere and will continue to take us nowhere.. a lot of north fans don't seem to see the bigger picture. North will NOT win a premiership with Brad Scott. He has the list with the potential but I would bet my life savings in a heartbeat that he will not coach us to a premiership. That's why he needs to go. Disagree if you like, but in the end, it's the truth.

I am a more passionate north supporter as any, and I did not state that I 'hoped' they would lose. It was the first time in my entire life that I 'wouldn't of cared'. The team had a good thing going last year. The game style that was implemented was stylish and better than any going around. Mentally we were ******. The defensive game plan is turning extremely attacking footballers into defensive idiots, and it is only taking us backwards. Our coach has taken us nowhere and will continue to take us nowhere.. a lot of north fans don't seem to see the bigger picture. North will NOT win a premiership with Brad Scott. He has the list with the potential but I would bet my life savings in a heartbeat that he will not coach us to a premiership. That's why he needs to go. Disagree if you like, but in the end, it's the truth.
Not caring if we lose to justify your opinion on the coach is just a shitty ****ing attitude. A true supporter always cares if we lose.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not caring if we lose to justify your opinion on the coach is just a shitty ******* attitude. A true supporter always cares if we lose.

To say I'm not a true supporter is absolute bullshit.. you know nothing. I've cried for this club.. supported through the thick and the thin. North is my number one passion in life, I want more than anything to see the club succeed.. but will not if Brad Scott coaches. Simple.

To say I'm not a true supporter is absolute bullshit.. you know nothing. I've cried for this club.. supported through the thick and the thin. North is my number one passion in life, I want more than anything to see the club succeed.. but will not if Brad Scott coaches. Simple.
A true supporter always cares if we lose, you stated you wouldn't care if we lose.
Shithouse attitude.

This. I actually wouldn't of cared if we lost. More heat on Brad Scott. The quicker he's gone, the better. Blind supporters gunna hate.
I don't care if you've cried for the club that's an absolutely pathetic attitude.

I don't care if you've cried for the club that's an absolutely pathetic attitude.

Doesn't matter if it's a shithouse/pathetic attitude.. whether your views or opinions conflict with mine or others.. like it or not, sadly, this is what it comes down to.

A lot of cats fans were saying that in 2006 about Thompson. We were never going to win it in 2014 but need to learn to become more defensive.

You have no idea what he will and will not be able to do as coach. You don't know how good he is as you are not inner sanctum.

You keep not caring if we lose - you need to learn what supporting a team through thick and thin really means.

Thick and thin but with conditions?

Thick and thin but only if they have a coach that you approve of?

Fair weather supporter is more like it. The type that would boo Scott if the players have put in a poor performance or even give the old bronx cheer to a player that was struggling.

A lot of cats fans were saying that in 2006 about Thompson. We were never going to win it in 2014 but need to learn to become more defensive.

You have no idea what he will and will not be able to do as coach. You don't know how good he is as you are not inner sanctum.

You keep not caring if we lose - you need to learn what supporting a team through thick and thin really means.
There is no comparison between Thompson in 2006 and Scott in 2014. In his first 6 years Thompson coached Geelong into a top 6 position 3 times. So Geelong fans might have been calling for his head in 2006 - but he had already shown he could coach. In contrast, in his first 4 years, Brad Scott has coached North into the top 8 once, and they have never been higher than 12 at the half way mark of the season. Unlike Thompson, there is absolutely nothing to indicate the Brad Scott has potential. Noone disputes that North's playing list has improved a lot in the last 4 years - but the final ladder positions over that period have shown no change.

Freo are a massive chance this year - we need to be better defensively. We kept a side to 2 goals in a half. We have to start to learn to totally shut a team down.
Let's be clear, we kept the Bulldogs to 2 goals in a half on Sunday. This new defensive plan, that you seem so wrapped in, gave up 15 goals the week before!

There is no comparison between Thompson in 2006 and Scott in 2014. In his first 6 years Thompson coached Geelong into a top 6 position 3 times. So Geelong fans might have been calling for his head in 2006 - but he had already shown he could coach. In contrast, in his first 4 years, Brad Scott has coached North into the top 8 once, and they have never been higher than 12 at the half way mark of the season. Unlike Thompson, there is absolutely nothing to indicate the Brad Scott has potential. Noone disputes that North's playing list has improved a lot in the last 4 years - but the final ladder positions over that period have shown no change.

Bring back laidley - he took us to a prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be clear, we kept the Bulldogs to 2 goals in a half on Sunday. This new defensive plan, that you seem so wrapped in, gave up 15 goals the week before!
Two rounds in and no team has kicked over 100 points against us?

Our 1st two last year both games we had over 100 points kicked against. It's a start.

You keep staring at the half empty glass. Shit way to view the world.

Two rounds in and no team has kicked over 100 points against us?

Our 1st two last year both games we had over 100 points kicked against. It's a start.

You keep staring at the half empty glass. Shit way to view the world.
The comparison between this year and last year only works if we have played teams of equal quality in both years - which we haven't! Last year we played two teams that ended up being finalists. I don't think you need a crystal ball to know that the Doggies won't be there in September. And, Essendon, who probably will be there, kicked 99 (yes, I repeat...99) points against us. You are right, it is not 100 points - but I think we can agree that it is as good as!

I suggest that blind optimism in the face of facts to the contrary will not win this club a flag. How much failure does it take before you would feel that the club is not on the right track?

Bring back laidley - he took us to a prelim.

On evidence so far I would still put Laidley clearly above Scott as a tactical coach.

In terms of list management and figurehead for growing the club etc, Scott clearly superior.

We may or may not go places with Scott, but i'm confident Laidley would be have got more success out of this group so far. Scott really needs to start getting some results, we can't always be making excuses and 'looking to next year'.

Hey Stevo, this is the first of your work I have come across. You do sound passionate, but this passion seems very misplaced. You obviously have a real dislike of Brad Scott and are trying to justify this hatred with odd comments about "turning players into defensive idiots" and "taking us backwards" and "he needs to go".

I'm not sure what bigger picture you are looking at, but North have the team and the coaches to take us somewhere over the next 5-6 years. I think you can't see this due to your obvious dislike of Scott.

Hey Stevo, this is the first of your work I have come across. You do sound passionate, but this passion seems very misplaced. You obviously have a real dislike of Brad Scott and are trying to justify this hatred with odd comments about "turning players into defensive idiots" and "taking us backwards" and "he needs to go".

I'm not sure what bigger picture you are looking at, but North have the team and the coaches to take us somewhere over the next 5-6 years. I think you can't see this due to your obvious dislike of Scott.
I think the concern being expressed here is not that we have the team - it is whether we have the coach that is very much up for debate. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking Brad Scott, and everything to do with whether or not you believe that he has the ability to take this team to the elite level. No one is questioning his dedication to the club, or his efforts to do his best. What we are questioning is his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back