Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see us missing finals, which means he gets next year.

I agree though, miss finals from here and it should be certains.

Mate, that simple typo is up there with "Brad has resigned" versus "Brad has re-signed." :rainbow:

If North miss the finals BS should do the honourable thing and go into JB's office and resign a la Dean Laidley and this time JB has to say thanks for your time Brad.

If we win a final, I say extend him.
The second week we could have to travel to Sydney or Perth.... I would hold out hope for a stirring win on the road. But would be ok if we were competitive, and would extend our coach. We are building baby!!!

R u completely mad??? If we see out his current contract it will make it 7+ years and our 'window' would have been well and truly closed. In all likelihood Bard would swan off to another club and guide them to multiple premierships whilst we spend 10 years picking up the pieces. We cannot wait man, we must act, even a pre lim cannot save Bard, he does not have what it takes to lift NMFC to the ultimate prize :thumbsdown:

Sorry Philly you've missed the most important thing, where's our Premiership?

See danj this is where you don't understand the importance of 'box ticking' and the ability of deflection. Brad was asked last week why we'd only debuted one player in 2015. To brad's credit he didn't miss a beat-" injuries" was the problem he stated, they all agreed.

Now I'm just slightly curious who Durdin, Nielson and the hyphen would have replaced in his true-tried team of 25? NMFC have moved passed premierships and almost ready to start our own Political Party.

I feel that brad has had his time but there are 2 points. Firstly who is the better candidate out there to replace him? Secondly people on here talk about winning premierships like its a done thing. We've won 4 in close to 100 years

I feel that brad has had his time but there are 2 points. Firstly who is the better candidate out there to replace him? Secondly people on here talk about winning premierships like its a done thing. We've won 4 in close to 100 years

And in those 100 years the only coach who would have been given a comparative level of support would be Barassi.

Barassi coached the side to 5 consecutive grand finals. With the most talented North side ever.

Brad made a prelim once in 6 years.

Why? He has a year to run on his contract, so what's the hurry?

Is it that you think that if we leave it until (say) mid-season that he might decide to bugger off at the end of next year? I'd argue that not many coaches would leave if we were genuinely in a premiership window, so if he threatens to leave he is telling us plenty about our real premiership prospects.

My view is this:
  • Miss finals - gone - "tell your story walking, pal"
  • Lose elimination final - gone "you said they were easy fixes, dude"
  • Win elimination final - on notice, "we'll talk contracts at round 15 2016"
  • Win semi final - golf clap, "we'll talk contracts at round 15 2016"
  • Win prelim - he can have a hot-tub with Spitta and JB and sign a two year extension
  • Win GF - he can sign a 4 year extension in said hot tub while JB fondles his junk (Spitta smiling all the while)

Last edited:
The second week we could have to travel to Sydney or Perth.... I would hold out hope for a stirring win on the road. But would be ok if we were competitive, and would extend our coach. We are building baby!!!
If we have to travel second week of finals it's because we didn't make top 4...season is a fail.

Building? End of next year we will lose, Boomer, Drew, Waite, Wells, Hunter and Spud. Premiership window of 1 year...you beauty!

See danj this is where you don't understand the importance of 'box ticking' and the ability of deflection. Brad was asked last week why we'd only debuted one player in 2015. To brad's credit he didn't miss a beat-" injuries" was the problem he stated, they all agreed.

Now I'm just slightly curious who Durdin, Nielson and the hyphen would have replaced in his true-tried team of 25? NMFC have moved passed premierships and almost ready to start our own Political Party.

What a crap post.

I think you will find that's closer to 150 years and 10 premierships broz :footy:

And in those 100 years the only coach who would have been given a comparative level of support would be Barassi.

Barassi coached the side to 5 consecutive grand finals. With the most talented North side ever.

This.
Dennis Pagan coached us for what 9 years. For 7 Prelims, 3 G.F's and 2 Flags and even he had to move on.

Brad is coaching in his SEVENTH year next year for what?!? (1 G.F maybe tops)

Regardless what North do from here on in it should be "Thanks for ur services Brad but it's time to move on"

Last edited:
If the club are to extend at all it should be no earlier than round 11 or 12 of next season and only if we're comfortably entrenched in the top 4.

Personally though, I think I would be a little uncomfortable if the club extend at all next year with the imminent change in the presidency. I would hate for the current leadership to give him a hefty contract only for the next president to come in with other ideas but knowing full well he/she can't terminate the coaches contract without a hefty payout that may not be affordable and the associated negative press. That sort of shit can be really divisive throughout all levels of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your argument would suggest giving more to support to our coaches is the better way to go and we might win more flags.

your argument would suggest giving more to support to our coaches is the better way to go and we might win more flags.

Do you not think Scott has been given tremendous support and unprecedented resources as coach?

Showing support is one thing but you need to ensure it is the right coach too, otherwise it's just a waste of everyone's time.

My argument is that in his sixth season 2 finals series for two wins and two beatings and we are looking at a likely bottom half of the 8 finish needs to be considered below the acceptable standard.

Great to see Taz sign for 4 years. Has there been a better club than North since the expansion teams and FA???

Hawthorn.

3 straight grand finals
2 flags.
Looking at a top four finish.

Lost perhaps the best forward to free agency, won the next flag anyway.

It's almost not comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back