Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

While they looked like overrunning Geelong in the 4th quarter on Monday, they got comprehensively overrun in the 4th quarter today.

2016-2018 off-seasons are going to cost them badly.

Awful team. Have not adjusted to the new, quicker style of the game at all. They're lucky we squibbed it in R1 or they'd be 0-4. Their future prospects don't look bright for the next few years. At least Jiath looks like a gun.

Rewatch the 1st quarter. You're lucky the Hawks were not up 3 goals. Essendon is a crap club, period.

Our master coach at it again!!! Let’s bring in Tim ‘O’Brien & Michael Hartley (who was actually decent today), whilst playing both mcevoy and ceglar...that will really show Fremantle...Sean Darcy- best on ground.

Wait for it from our supporters:

“But none of our youngsters in the vfl deserve a game”.... yes because Tim O’Brien really showed last week he deserved to come back in..

Just got comprehensively beaten by a depleted Fremantle side who lost to Carlton by 10 goals last week...

O’Brien, Ceglar, Hartley, Howe, Burgoyne once he reaches 400 games NEVER AGAIN.

Downie, Koschitzke, Greaves, Jeka, Maginess need to play every week..

We are a lock for bottom 4 whoever plays..rather lose by 40+ with youngsters learning than lose by 20 with absolute spuds continuing to get games.

Watch our master coach Clarko next week:
In: Burgoyne, Connor Nash
Out: Howe (inj), brockman rested

*spits coffee*

:drunk:
I like Nash as a footballer still learning the game as a international recruit. I'm probably alone in regards to the common hawks posters on my wraps for him, last time I had this conversation with an oppo supporter he had an aneurysm and I barely replied, was hilarious.

Also that post is from early 2020 so I can see what your doing. Shitposting.

But anywho I'll be campaigning for Nash to get a game next week at the expense of Almost.

Carry on 😂😂😂

Our master coach at it again!!! Let’s bring in Tim ‘O’Brien & Michael Hartley (who was actually decent today), whilst playing both mcevoy and ceglar...that will really show Fremantle...Sean Darcy- best on ground.

Wait for it from our supporters:

“But none of our youngsters in the vfl deserve a game”.... yes because Tim O’Brien really showed last week he deserved to come back in..

Just got comprehensively beaten by a depleted Fremantle side who lost to Carlton by 10 goals last week...

O’Brien, Ceglar, Hartley, Howe, Burgoyne once he reaches 400 games NEVER AGAIN.

Downie, Koschitzke, Greaves, Jeka, Maginess need to play every week..

We are a lock for bottom 4 whoever plays..rather lose by 40+ with youngsters learning than lose by 20 with absolute spuds continuing to get games.

Watch our master coach Clarko next week:
In: Burgoyne, Connor Nash
Out: Howe (inj), brockman rested

Should’ve given Kosi at least a few more weeks.

You can cop a couple of quiet games from a developing forward, but you shouldn’t have to cop rubbish games from O’Brien. Hopefully this week’s game is a pretty clear indication of who you need to prioritise going forward.

i really hope to see lots of Carlton and Essendon supporters on here:

They have been trying so hard in this thread for 5 years..... but in the end their teams end up sucking.

Hope they haven't gone too early, again.

NOT AGAIN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should’ve given Kosi at least a few more weeks.

You can cop a couple of quiet games from a developing forward, but you shouldn’t have to cop rubbish games from O’Brien. Hopefully this week’s game is a pretty clear indication of who you need to prioritise going forward.

As I’ve been saying for last 3+ years...Tim O’Brien would have been delisted at just about any other club..Adelaide and north Melbourne included...he is the exact definition of where our list is at..a complete and utter list clogger

Clarkson for the past 2-3 seasons continues to pick sides that he thinks can get cheap wins, when deep down he knows how bad his team is...it’s like clockwork..

after hearing him speak pre-season, he finally admitted we couldn’t play finals this season and we are rebuilding, yet he continues to pick players like O’Brien, ceglar, Hartley, Burgoyne, Daniel Howe. There wouldn’t be a side in the league with a worse bottom 5 players that get to play just about every week. We go into every game now, knowing exactly what will happen when those players play.

It’s the same as our supporters that continue to try and justify our trading in of Omera and wingard...straight out of the Clarko book...we are going to be a bottom four side with them for the next 2-3 years....that’s 50+ games we could have got into 4+ talented youngsters at least.

As I’ve been saying for last 3+ years...Tim O’Brien would have been delisted at just about any other club..Adelaide and north Melbourne included...he is the exact definition of where our list is at..a complete and utter list clogger

Clarkson for the past 2-3 seasons continues to pick sides that he thinks can get cheap wins, when deep down he knows how bad his team is...it’s like clockwork..

after hearing him speak pre-season, he finally admitted we couldn’t play finals this season and we are rebuilding, yet he continues to pick players like O’Brien, ceglar, Hartley, Burgoyne, Daniel Howe. There wouldn’t be a side in the league with a worse bottom 5 players that get to play just about every week. We go into every game now, knowing exactly what will happen when those players play.

It’s the same as our supporters that continue to try and justify our trading in of Omera and wingard...straight out of the Clarko book...we are going to be a bottom four side with them for the next 2-3 years....that’s 50+ games we could have got into 4+ talented youngsters at least.

Yep,
Clarkson just couldn’t accept the reality of the situation a few years ago.
It just makes the journey back longer ...

Definitely need to cut out the flopping.

You expect the theatrics from Chad, but Mitchell’s diving has been embarrassing this year.

Has to be pulled up.
Until the AFL does something about it no chance... It is a blight on the game but it is on the league to stop it not the players.

Look O'brien is terrible and i want him dropped but look at the absolute pastings North are copping most weeks and tell me that is how you should go about a rebuild with a straight face.

CJ, Lewis, Morrison, Scrimshaw, Brockman, Moore are all under 50 games Day would be playing as well if fit.

You just keep adding kids and they will learn nothing 100 point losses.

He is getting games in to the kids, by the end of the year i guarantee Downie, DGB (if fit), Morris, Greaves will get some games along with probably Jeka, and Finn if they can keep improving.

Until the AFL does something about it no chance... It is a blight on the game but it is on the league to stop it not the players.

I’m not talking about the rules, I’m talking about the example it sets for teammates and symbolically what it demonstrates to opponents.

No surprises Freo started physically working Titch over after his flop in the 3rd (?) quarter.

I’m not talking about the rules, I’m talking about the example it sets for teammates and symbolically what it demonstrates to opponents.

No surprises Freo started physically working Titch over after his flop in the 3rd (?) quarter.
LMFAO the same Freo that has Walters flopping about each game?

Or Selwood for Geelong?

Or Paps for Sydney?

Flopping does nothing for teammates. It is just another way for teams to try and eek out any advantage they can.

Look O'brien is terrible and i want him dropped but look at the absolute pastings North are copping most weeks and tell me that is how you should go about a rebuild with a straight face.

CJ, Lewis, Morrison, Scrimshaw, Brockman, Moore are all under 50 games Day would be playing as well if fit.

You just keep adding kids and they will learn nothing 100 point losses.

He is getting games in to the kids, by the end of the year i guarantee Downie, DGB (if fit), Morris, Greaves will get some games along with probably Jeka, and Finn if they can keep improving.

You have to assess it on a case by case basis.

Tim O’Brien is never going to be the difference between losing by 70 points and losing by 100 points. That is why you play someone like Kosi unless he is injured, because he needs development and TOB has had his opportunity and been found wanting.

Hawthorn won’t ever be beaten badly with their midfield combination and game style tbh. May as well replace any players who aren’t passable AFL footballers, eg O’Brien.

You have to assess it on a case by case basis.

Tim O’Brien is never going to be the difference between losing by 70 points and losing by 100 points. That is why you play someone like Kosi unless he is injured, because he needs development and TOB has had his opportunity and been found wanting.

Hawthorn won’t ever be beaten badly with their midfield combination and game style tbh. May as well replace any players who aren’t passable AFL footballers, eg O’Brien.
I totally agree on Tim, i was disappointed he got picked.

Gets given a huge leash to show anything and once he finally gets dropped he gets picked the following week without even VFL form.

I just hate the 'play the kids' logic when those same kids will just be smashed by the same fans when they have not shown anything in 2 weeks.

Our midfield will definitely not protect us from being smashed some weeks though, they have struggled big time to stall the momentum of oppo teams over the last 18 months. Easily the most disappointing group for us in that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back