Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and No. for me making finals (at all) is great experience.

This is a young team - we will have plenty of more chances imo

It would have been devastating if they both missed. Both have had great seasons and they deserve to reap the reward for their efforts this season.

I agree with what you're saying and wasn't suggesting otherwise. I'm not sure what that has to do with my post?

This is the dream result for us.

Sadly our best outcome relies on Essendon not being the most absolutely useless pack off tw@ts of all time.

A wounded Carlton primed for the picking and battered from our previous encounter sounds a hell of a lot better than a team full of tall marking targets (bulldogs).

If the dogs finish 6th and us 7th, do we play them at Marvel or the MCG?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240818_202843_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240818_202843_AFL.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 53
It would have been devastating if they both missed. Both have had great seasons and they deserve to reap the reward for their efforts this season.

I agree with what you're saying and wasn't suggesting otherwise. I'm not sure what that has to do with my post?
Oh was just chucking in some philosophical vibes. Scrimmerz and Day will see flags is what I’m saying. I agree it sux

This is the dream result for us.

Sadly our best outcome relies on Essendon not being the most absolutely useless pack off tw@ts of all time.

A wounded Carlton primed for the picking and battered from our previous encounter sounds a hell of a lot better than a team full of tall marking targets (bulldogs).

If the dogs finish 6th and us 7th, do we play them at Marvel or the MCG?

There is no chance we’ll be scheduled in a final at Marvel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doggies are probably the last team I'd want to face first up.

Hopefully we take care of North and GWS beat the Doggies.
If you make finals your in it to win it .
No point hoping for a 'good' match up.

If your good enough you win and you move on to next game.

If we get there and win 1st up I wouldn't want us week 2 .

Day's injury sucks, but gives the opportunity for Ward and McKenzie to step up. They both now have the opportunity to be the man.

The way I see it the most likely outcome is playing the Dogs or Blues at the G. Or if the Blues outscore us then possibly Brisbane at the Gabba which Is like to avoid

We really need a big win on Saturday to ensure the Blues don't go ahead of us knowing they can chase down the target. Really need the Saints on their game.

In saying that though, the pessimist in me would be happy to just win on Saturday and lock it in

Everyone worrying about who we play need to understand that because we play before all teams that are just above or below us we just need to make sure we get the win. If that means we play the Dogs or Brissy then so be it but if we lose then we'll have to sit through a whole day of hoping Carlton or Freo lose. I really don't care who we play as long as we make it and if they do then the club has totally exceed my expectations for the year.

All in all it would've been great to be playing on the Sunday afternoon and knowing all the scenarios but that is not the case so all we can do is control our own destiny by getting the win. One thing we do know is the oppo coach will be plotting our downfall as I type this sentence.

I’m going to be really optimistic

West coast beats eagles
Essendon beats Lions (punches myself in the face repeatedly)
GWS beats Bulldogs
Hawks beat roos

We end up in 4th

You're really optimistic with that first one!

I’m going to be really optimistic

West coast beats eagles
Essendon beats Lions (punches myself in the face repeatedly)
GWS beats Bulldogs
Hawks beat roos

We end up in 4th
The way they played today I'm not even sure West Coast could beat themselves

The rest of the top 8 will be absolutely stoked if we play the dogs in the elimination final, we’re clearly the two most in form teams currently along with the giants.

If we win, the Dogs basically have an elimination final on Sunday too. At 12:30pm, in Ballarat..

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back