Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just learned an interesting fact, we are the only club currently in the top eight who has the ‘G as its home ground.

Take of that what you will….
Another interesting fact is that we've now beaten 4 of the top 8. It would've been 5 if we didn't fluff it against the Power but as most agree that was a learning moment that propelled us forward. Also if not for the choke against GWS we would've accounted for them twice now.

Just beat Richmond this week and North the week after. Let the finals look after themselves

We’ll romp it in those two games and build some percentage. Unlike other years, we haven’t lost when going in as favourites.
The Richmond game could get ugly, can’t see many of the Tiger faithful turning up to that one.
If some other results happen to go our way, then a top 4 finish is not out of the question.

Knowing North, they will want to tank to try and get another No.1 pick.

Tigers will know this as well and will want to make sure they don't accidentally put themselves in a position where they finish 17th - as such they won't put up much of a fight with us.

That being said, we still need to take both of these games seriously.

Knowing North, they will want to tank to try and get another No.1 pick.

Tigers will know this as well and will want to make sure they don't accidentally put themselves in a position where they finish 17th - as such they won't put up much of a fight with us.

That being said, we still need to take both of these games seriously.

Will be a good chance to get our forward line really firing. Love to see a few players to get their kicking boots on and kicking a bag.

Last edited:
We’ll romp it in those two games and build some percentage. Unlike other years, we haven’t lost when going in as favourites.
The Richmond game could get ugly, can’t see many of the Tiger faithful turning up to that one.
If some other results happen to go our way, then a top 4 finish is not out of the question.

I've tried every way highest I can get is finishing is 6th.

I think the highest we can finish is 3rd. Can overtake all of Dogs, Cats, Lions, while also going past 2 out of 3 between Port, Giants and Freo.

At least according to my quick maths. Would need some very, very lucky results though

You can get us to 3rd, but it requires a number of unlikely and/or crazy results:

Round 23
  • Crows beat Power (not actually that crazy, and the showdown is always 50/50)
  • Pies beat Lions (MCG)
  • Saints beat Cats (Marvel)
  • North beat Bulldogs (Marvel)

Round 24
  • Eagles beat Cats (Kardinia)
  • Essendon beat Lions (Gabba, this is the craziest one)
  • Dockers beat Port (Optus, not that crazy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can get us to 3rd, but it requires a number of unlikely and/or crazy results:

Round 23
  • Crows beat Power (not actually that crazy, and the showdown is always 50/50)
  • Pies beat Lions (MCG)
  • Saints beat Cats (Marvel)
  • North beat Bulldogs (Marvel)

Round 24
  • Eagles beat Cats (Kardinia)
  • Essendon beat Lions (Gabba, this is the craziest one)
  • Dockers beat Port (Optus, not that crazy)
Think we’d also need giants to beat Freo in round 23 or have giants lose both games against Freo and Dogs.

If Port beat Freo though we can still get third by having giants losing both games. Would set up a rematch with Port at Adelaide oval.

Think we’d also need giants to beat Freo in round 23 or have giants lose both games against Freo and Dogs.

If Port beat Freo though we can still get third by having giants losing both games. Would set up a rematch with Port at Adelaide oval.
Giants will go in favourites against Freo, so I don't consider that one unlikely.

Half the team has checked out already worrying about end of season footy trip plans. The Saints game on the weekend was as low pressure as you can get. They dish that up again we will put 20 on them. There's really nothing for them to play for even Dusty won't be there.

Win 2 and where in.
I doubt blues will make up the percentage.
Will come down to the final rd to see if dog beat giants if we finish 6th or 7th

The answer to this is - absol-fing-utely

We are a great chance of causing some real trouble. I don't think any of these top 8 teams have an solid ground & on form we are #1. This has been a completely "Form" year, we just need to maintain it

This is super important and one of the great signs of us maturing as a team again.

The answer to this is - absol-fing-utely

We are a great chance of causing some real trouble. I don't think any of these top 8 teams have an solid ground & on form we are #1. This has been a completely "Form" year, we just need to maintain it

Champagne username!

1723505001770.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back