Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming we win the next two games, there is more than a 95% chance our first final will be at the MCG. Unless, Carlton overtake us on %, or two top 5 teams lose both games and we finish top 4.

Geez, it’s great to be back!

I wonder who will be that player come finals time that steps up and shows that are born to play finals, and announce himself to the AFL world.

With a massive month of football maybe Weddle.

Sam shifts Frost to full forward and he kicks a half dozen in the Granny.

If we can finish the season with a better win/loss than 13-9, with a percentage of 113% it will be better than the 2007 season.

Points for was 2097 against was 1855

We finished the home and away season that year in 5th spot.

We could finish the season on about the same points for and a better against total.

I wonder who will be that player come finals time that steps up and shows that are born to play finals, and announce himself to the AFL world.

Dylan ****ing Moore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yah, I put that together. It’s surprisingly difficult to get things to line up but some lines were begging to be in there.
I salute you. It's great work the way you got the spoken German to often match the English subtitles. I think there might be a career for you in over dubbing Hitler. Well done, I appreciate it.

In late November last year (pages 6-8 of this thread) and after our post season trade-ins, I said that we probably had found close to an extra three goals a game in scoring power and hopefully we could also somehow concede a couple of goals less per game so that we could average about 90 pts for and 75 pts against. That would’ve held us in reasonable shape to be contesting for finals this year.

It didn’t quite turn out to plan in the first half of the season. But Luke Hodge this morning on SEN shed some valuable insight into our second half of the season. After the heart-breaking loss to Port in Rd 10, we were sitting on 3-7 win/loss. Since then we have gone 9-2, scoring 98 pts a game (ranked 2nd) and conceding only 67 pts (ranked 1st). In attack we are 1st or 2nd in all four scoring sources - from turnovers, stoppages, centre clearance and kick-ins whilst also having the best defence in the league. Ladies and gentlemen, in case you were still wondering, we have arrived!

In late November last year (pages 6-8 of this thread) and after our post season trade-ins, I said that we probably had found close to an extra three goals a game in scoring power and hopefully we could also somehow concede a couple of goals less per game so that we could average about 90 pts for and 75 pts against. That would’ve held us in reasonable shape to be contesting for finals this year.

It didn’t quite turn out to plan in the first half of the season. But Luke Hodge this morning on SEN shed some valuable insight into our second half of the season. After the heart-breaking loss to Port in Rd 10, we were sitting on 3-7 win/loss. Since then we have gone 9-2, scoring 98 pts a game (ranked 2nd) and conceding only 67 pts (ranked 1st). In attack we are 1st or 2nd in all four scoring sources - from turnovers, stoppages, centre clearance and kick-ins whilst also having the best defence in the league. Ladies and gentlemen, in case you were still wondering, we have arrived!
You don't have to convince me mate lids been off since the first GWS game. I was convinced we were playing finals since then.

Who would we rather play. I think freo at the G would be a huge opportunity for us

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240813_220208_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240813_220208_AFL.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20240813_215239_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240813_215239_AFL.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20240813_215227_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240813_215227_AFL.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 40
Who would we rather play. I think freo at the G would be a huge opportunity for us
Carlton, Freo, Dogs in that order.

But I don’t fear any of them. Particularly not at the MCG.

Weddle, Watson, McKenzie, Dear, Newk, Mass. to name half a dozen. Would include Ginni, but he has already announced himself previously

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back