Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton wins by no more than about 220 points. If Carlton get up to about a 150 point lead against St Kilda at some point during the game then it will be time to get out the smelling salts.

If we win on Saturday we can rest easy if GWS beat the Bulldogs also. The Carlton result won’t matter then.

Neither do I. Have bad flashbacks of the ThrowDogs and their 3 colourful mates shafting us time and again. If the Tigers could get flogged in almost every stat on Sunday and still win free kicks 19-11, imagine the ride Footscray will get in a final

Would be a hell of a retribution beating them though, and would push the ‘win when it matters’ aura beyond Geelong!

Assuming the hawks win this week, I think it's extremely unlikely they don't play at the MCG.

The only scenarios where they don't:

- Carlton win by enough to overtake Hawthorn's percentage

- Dogs, Lions and Cats lose. Hawks are top 4!

They will know this, they will know if they win big, they cant finish below 7th and if they finish 7th, that would mean the dogs would have to be 6th. The Cats can't take 2nd, so Dogs/Hawks would be at the G.

In a nutshell, win decently and its either an unlikely top 4 or an elim at the MCG. Good spot.

I wanted to like your post mate but there is no way North are beating us this week mate. What i am more concerned with is the soft lead into finals
Normally I would agree with you, but for such a young, up and coming team, this year is unique in that the greatest lead in to finals we could have would be convincing wins. It's the mindset of the players that will carry us forward this season. We need to remain confident in the face of the finals pressure footy that will be thrust upon us. For this age group, belief is king.

Had a Carlton friend tell me today he would like Carlton to play Hawthorn week one of the finals if both qualify as -

1. Hawthorn are vulnerable
2. Carlton would have learnt from the flogging it received from Hawthorn
3. All the Carlton guns will be back

Incredible. Nearly fell out of my chair.

Had a Carlton friend tell me today he would like Carlton to play Hawthorn week one of the finals if both qualify as -

He probably just wants to get their inevitable elimination from finals out of the way as early as possible.

Half way through the first quarter should be doable based on the Richmond game.

carlton hubris. Twenty four years of irrelevancy and it still hasn't dissipated.

Geelong and Brisbane will both win their games by minimum 8 goals .
Opponents are in terrible form and have checked it .
It's nice to think they'll be a surprise upset but they will be % boosters.

Dogs most likely beat the Giants but no surprise if Giants get up

Blues are back from Perth so I think the Saints will run them ragged.

So leaves the door open for Freo to get in

Most likely get the Dogs if we take care of business this week . Whoever wins that I think will make a preliminary

Geelong and Brisbane will both win their games by minimum 8 goals .
Opponents are in terrible form and have checked it .
It's nice to think they'll be a surprise upset but they will be % boosters.

Dogs most likely beat the Giants but no surprise if Giants get up

Blues are back from Perth so I think the Saints will run them ragged.

So leaves the door open for Freo to get in

Most likely get the Dogs if we take care of business this week . Whoever wins that I think will make a preliminary
North have also checked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

likewise weve smashed them at the G, yes beat bulldogs but they scare me. curnow and mckay will be underdone and they will rush back a few for finals and cost them.
I don't think Carlton can beat Stkilda. WC couldn't stop Cripps. Stkilda can and there isn't much else. I don't see Kemp kicking goals against wilke and battle either.

I don't think Carlton can beat Stkilda. WC couldn't stop Cripps. Stkilda can and there isn't much else. I don't see Kemp kicking goals against wilke and battle either.
They can beat St Kilda. They don't have anyone to stop Cripps in this form. Will be his 2nd brownlow in a canter.

I've got us playing Carlton in the first final. Which is all good.

Did he than share his drugs with you? Or was he practicing for the comedy festival for next season?

Neither do I. Have bad flashbacks of the ThrowDogs and their 3 colourful mates shafting us time and again. If the Tigers could get flogged in almost every stat on Sunday and still win free kicks 19-11, imagine the ride Footscray will get in a final

And this year they will have 4 colourful mates!

Let's do a week at a time 🙂
Why? We don't play for Hawthorn, what possible effect could someone dreaming of a grand final appearance have on a result. Our complacency, as supporters, in no way affects the results of games played by the players. They are the ones that need to take it one week at a time, we are the ones booking seats at the next 6 grand finals.

No matter what happens from here on, we have to recognise what a monumental turnaround it's been, thanks mostly to Sammy. We're on the verge of DOUBLING our wins from last year, and being apparently only the third side in all of history to play finals after being zip and five.

Simply astonishing, and something to be very proud of.

Even if wily Clarko gets his roos up, and they play well above themselves and happen to arse a victory against us and we miss finals, getting to 13 wins this year after seven last year is still amazing.
If we make finals we will be the first side ever to make finals from 0 - 5 having not finished top two the season before.

Sounds to me like you need to get some new friends.

They can beat St Kilda. They don't have anyone to stop Cripps in this form. Will be his 2nd brownlow in a canter.

I've got us playing Carlton in the first final. Which is all good.

We want to finish 5th best possible result I think then we play the team in 8th.

So we play first week in Melbourne, then we play the loser of Sydney V Geelong if it's Geelong we play in Melbourne again, then interstate for the prem final and back to Melbourne for GF day easy.

Clarkson won't give an inch. He would love to give the metaphorical finger to Sam and the club by tipping us out of the eight.
Clarko can't do shit. Especially if the players have checked out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back