Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Another winner article from Fox Footy claiming we had a bottom 4 draw despite being measured as actually having one of the top 8 hardest pre-season.

Max Laughton is the worst sports journalist on the planet, period.

:think:cant see any lies in the article, we have beaten bad teams by a lot and and the better teams have beaten us.

Adelaide beat the Dogs by 44 points. Collingwood just beat Brisbane. St. Kilda just beat Geelong.

Pointing out our fixture in this season just feels like sour grapes, especially when statistically it's middle tier.

:think:cant see any lies in the article, we have beaten bad teams by a lot and and the better teams have beaten us.
We've literally beaten 1 and 3 in their own power rankings brainiac.

The article says in the last 3 months we have beaten 1 team currently in the 8 .....
Perhaps you can't see any lies in the article because you haven't actually read it. Not what it says at all.

We've literally beaten 1 and 3 in their own power rankings brainiac.
Mate your bagging the article and having a go at me and haven't even read it. "Over the last three months, the Hawks have beaten the teams currently sitting 15th, 3rd (by a kick in controversial fashion), 18th, 16th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 8th and 18th (again)." Just pointing out there right. They have us ranked 5th which is awesome.

Perhaps you can't see any lies in the article because you haven't actually read it. Not what it says at all.
Over the last three months, the Hawks have beaten the teams currently sitting 15th, 3rd (by a kick in controversial fashion), 18th, 16th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 8th and 18th (again).

Why? We don't play for Hawthorn, what possible effect could someone dreaming of a grand final appearance have on a result. Our complacency, as supporters, in no way affects the results of games played by the players. They are the ones that need to take it one week at a time, we are the ones booking seats at the next 6 grand finals.

Oh you’re one of those people who doesn’t think you can jinx your team by your own actions. That sounds really nice and relaxing.

Over the last three months, the Hawks have beaten the teams currently sitting 15th, 3rd (by a kick in controversial fashion), 18th, 16th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 8th and 18th (again).
And you read 1 top 8 side listed there? Even if you hadn't miscounted it is still wrong because the Brisbane win was on the 26th of May, i.e., less than 3 months ago.

It's also bullshit because it's adding a proviso to our GWS win without mentioning the fact that in that time frame we also very narrowly lost to GWS and Port.

Lots of other stuff to mention too, that we're the only team in the top 8 currently that hasn't lost to a team below them in the last 3 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What utter shit that article is. You can’t rank Sydney as the present second best team in the league based off recent form - that’s lunacy.

Also - this ‘oh Hawthorn have only beaten sides currently X on the ladder’ is hogwash. When we beat Freo they were 3rd on the ladder having just beat Sydney at home 2 weeks prior when Sydney weren’t in a slump. They are a good side and pushed us all day but we got the 4 points.

What utter shit that article is. You can’t rank Sydney as the present second best team in the league based off recent form - that’s lunacy.

Also - this ‘oh Hawthorn have only beaten sides currently X on the ladder’ is hogwash. When we beat Freo they were 3rd on the ladder having just beat Sydney at home 2 weeks prior when Sydney weren’t in a slump. They are a good side and pushed us all day but we got the 4 points.
Pretty crazy! Apparently a "controversial win" is when the finish is a bit iffy despite finishing with 6 more scoring shots on the day.

Watching the midweek tackle, they brought up a option on our first final side.

They think we can get over who ever we come up against without Day, by putting Moore or Mackenzie into the middle and playing Hardwick forward, if Moore goes into the middle for the game.

Excellent

Soft draw article - tick ✅

Surely we get the exploited FA article next 🙂
Bottom 4 sides always have to play the previous 2 premiers 2 times in the season, that's how you ensure the soft draw!

Pretty crazy! Apparently a "controversial win" is when the finish is a bit iffy despite finishing with 6 more scoring shots on the day.
Wasn't anything controversial about it either. Clear down field free, no room for interpretation.

Seems the article also doesn't take into account that Freo and Collingwood would be in the top 8 if we hadn't beaten them.

I don't think Carlton can beat Stkilda. WC couldn't stop Cripps. Stkilda can and there isn't much else. I don't see Kemp kicking goals against wilke and battle either.
St Kilda are running on top of the ground - Carlton could get smacked by St Kinda the same way Hawthorn smacked them. Carlton are too slow.

Wasn't anything controversial about it either. Clear down field free, no room for interpretation.

Seems the article also doesn't take into account that Freo and Collingwood would be in the top 8 if we hadn't beaten them.
i just noticed something really suspicious about Sydney's form. sure, they've been winning a lot – but they haven't beat any of the sides above them on the ladder. something very :fish:y going on there imo....

It doesn't say that, and that is not the case.
Your right I read that wrong. But can we agree that in the last 12 weeks we have beaten 2 team's currently in the 8 and they were sitting 7th and 8th on the ladder at the time.

The way I read the article I don't really see it taking a dig at us just presenting some facts to justify ranking us at 5th

The 4 wins we have against teams sitting in the 8 as of tonight
R9 7 point W v Bulldogs Sitting 11th at the time
R12 25 point W v Lions Sitting 12th at the time
R14 6 point W v GWS sitting 7th at the time
R23 74 point W v Blues sitting 8th at the time

I am not saying we haven't had a tough draw, just we have beaten teams below us really well and have not YET proven ourselves against teams that we need to beat in September.

I hope to God that we get on a run and do get some September wins this group deserves that for sure.

I am not saying we haven't had a tough draw, just we have beaten teams below us really well and have not YET proven ourselves against teams that we need to beat in September.

Were you asleep when we beat the Giants, Bulldogs and Lions this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back