Captain for rounds 1-3, assuming he is worthy of making the squad. Very left field

Remove this Banner Ad

juddsentant517

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2009
Carlton's own top 8
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Bullants
"the chief" simon wiggins!
if it is not of the sacrifice of one of our youngsters, assuming he gets in the squad from merit, Simon Wiggins would be the perfect choice as captain for a few weeks

What bigger priviledge for Simon in leading the team he has battled in for so long. Would be huge for Simon to lead his beloved navy blues and would inspire the rest of the squad due to his enthusiasm, much like his milestone

May not be the most talented bloke, but his work ethic is one to be inspired by for the other players, and it would mean more for Simon to captain the Navy Blues than just about anyone

Whether he is only captain on paper, and somebody else actually does the captaining on field, and Simon just does the flip of the coin, run into the banner leading the team and revving up the boys, his spirit and enthusiasm would rub off to all the other players.

I love juddy as captain, and of course the "novelty" would wear off after a while, but for just the first three rounds, i would be all for Simon to be captain

Simon Wiggins captain Carlton? Won't happen. It would be laughable when he's not even a best 22 player.

Kade Simpson hands down will get the captaincy. Murph and/or Gibbs for VC.

Wiggins is crud and so is this idea.

Wiggins Bleeds Blue ... with a name such as your own I'd have thought you would recognize that quality in the man.

More to the point, Simpson should remain VC next year, and thus captain rounds 1-3

Wiggins is a great clubman and loves the jumper like no other, but it takes more than that to captain a side.

when simpson was captain for a few weeks years ago, he was outstanding..he was playing at another level!

If Carlton are serious about making finals Wiggins( as good as a bloke he is) will play no part in season `10
Wiggins should not be in our best 22 so cannot be captain.
Saying that I hope he does prove me wrong. But enough of playing him out back. Just don't fear the big sticks champ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason, I don't see Simpson as 'captain' material...

Go back and watch his games in 2007 when he was acting captain. Was meant to be rotated weekly but he was doing such a good job they kept it with him.

Gave it his all and busted his arse as captain at what was probably the darkest time (on field) in our club's history.

Robbo i think will soon overshadow Wiggo and has a bit more talent to boot. Don't get me wrong, i love the chief, but Mitch has so much heart.

Kade Simpson hands down. Jarrad Waite possibly for VC for weeks 1-3.

Go back and watch his games in 2007 when he was acting captain. Was meant to be rotated weekly but he was doing such a good job they kept it with him.

Gave it his all and busted his arse as captain at what was probably the darkest time (on field) in our club's history.

Agreed:thumbsu:

There is also another couple of dimensions to the Captaincy, and that is Public Speaking & Marketability. This is why (IMHO) Judd got the job over Stevens. Nick Stevens would have been just as capable of leading the team on-field but it is all of the off-field stuff that Judd does that I doubt Stevo could have kept up with.

This is also why Kade Simpson will probably get the VC job over Murphy or Gibbs, as the latter two are 'Yeah...Nah...The Boys...' types who are probably not as good at articulating sentences as Simmo just yet.:D

For some reason, I don't see Simpson as 'captain' material...

troll_2.jpg

First choice Simpson, second choice Thornton. Waite should just concentrate on getting back on the field. Murphy and Gibbs can have a couple more years developing their leadership skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Captain for rounds 1-3, assuming he is worthy of making the squad. Very left field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back