Carlton are legit flag threats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carlton hype

Same case with Richmond vs Carlton
You either believe the hype or go on past form.
Collingwood for me but Carlton will get very close.

Pies at two dollars are good odds to get on. Cant belive the blues are favorites, but bookies only reflect the money coming in.

Especially when you get your money back if your team chokes or what not. If I were a punter I'd certainly be putting something on collingwood.

The Carlton hype was there at the end of last year, with many expecting the Blues and Hawks to be the ones to beat. All of a sudden they lose some preseason games and everyone jumps off, stupidly tipping Richmond and then giving Brisbane a real shot when neither were likely.

Now everyone jumps back on the wagon and all the naysayers are questioning it, when they should be questioning why they bought into the preseason form.

It is a line-bet kinda game. I tipped Carlton, but Collingwood could just turn it on in the last and blow them away if they were very switched on. They're an immense team when they're up and about.

To be honest the unconvincing performance against Richmond and the Buckley factor weighed more heavily on my mind than Carlton's two bottom-8 wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope for the OP's sake we don't lose.

I think Carlton's the real deal, as much as I hate to say it.

We're still a bit scratchy, but can switch it on when we want to. Here's hoping we do.

I'm a bit with Ant here although I'm definitely not convinced about Carlton yet. They don't really take any believable form into this match since they haven't really played anyone. They are a good side no doubt but good sides are fairly plentiful in the AFL at the moment and they'll need to be a lot better than last year's form would indicate if they plan to play for a premiership.

Having said that, Collingwood's form, though not really assessable with the lack of experienced players available so far has not exactly set the world on fire. Pies fans believe that this has everything to do with personnel while understandably others see it differently. There will be no way to really judge for a few weeks yet when we see some more experienced players return. This week marks a reasonable improvement in that area for the Pies and might start to give some indication but anyone betting their house on a Pies win is a far gamer man than I. It's a 50/50 as far as I'm concerned unless our second stringers improve their input over their last 2 performances.

I think Carlton's the real deal, as much as I hate to say it.

Agree, first time in a long time both teams could be considered 'the real deal'

Don't expect an easy game at all tonight. A sketchy start could see the game over early.

To be fair I have not read one article all preseason on how good Bryce Gibbs or Mark Murphy will be in 2012, how hard Ratten thinks Carlton's preseason was the best ever or whether are a premiership chance. Is strange to season Carlton associated with hype

Carlton are showing some good early season form and are being well coached I feel.
Pies, although a better team, have been slow out of the blocks this season but are certainly more than capable of beating Carlton tonight.

All isnt lost if the Pies dont win tonight, however I think that if theyre going to put the Blues away they'll have to step up, find another gear, and play some team footy, not what we witnessed last week.

It's only round 3 this week FFS!!

A bit early to be worrying about the flag at this stage. Maybe you could keep your Carlton 'circle jerk' on the Carlton board and spare us all.

That would make sense if this "circle jerk" was actually started by a Carlton supporter. The OP was aiming this thread at people just like you & he has hit the target.

I would have thought our win against the Tigers was more convincing than yours. you guys were pretty ordinary against them. In saying that Im not confident that we will win tonight,

Agree, first time in a long time both teams could be considered 'the real deal'

Don't expect an easy game at all tonight. A sketchy start could see the game over early.

I agree. Both are legit contenders. Pies looked pretty ordinary beating Richmond last week, Blues look like they are going better at the moment so I will be tipping them.

I Think collingwood is goin to win BUT I tipped Carlton out of loyalty more then anything. Carlton hasn't been that great so far other then the second half of the Bris game and the 4th against Richmond. Also we stuggle against good sides ESP. With gorrilla forwards.

Richmond isn't playing as poorly as they did last year. They could push for a spot in the 8 if they continue with their current form. Surprising that the tigers are being used as a measuring stick by some for this game. Collingwood are good value in the betting stakes, so jump on it if you are that way inclined. Doesn't matter who wins at this stage of the season. I just want to see commitment and desperation at the ball from the boys. The real season is still 4 1/2 months away. Play on.

Carlton are showing some good early season form and are being well coached I feel.
Pies, although a better team, have been slow out of the blocks this season but are certainly more than capable of beating Carlton tonight.

All isnt lost if the Pies dont win tonight, however I think that if theyre going to put the Blues away they'll have to step up, find another gear, and play some team footy, not what we witnessed last week.

Carlton have a better team of players - if you are referring to that. Collingwood have been better coached by Mick, the new coach has a lot to prove, and so far he is jst expecting that everyone thinks he is awesome - he is not, he is a first year coach with one win and a loss - needs to show a little humility for my books and stop being such an arrogant tosser.

FIGJAM appears to be back - will be good to see Pies 1 from 3 with Richmond being the only team they've beaten. If Melbourne wins against Tigers, Buckley will be on the same footing as Neeld. So at this stage I would say pies have a shit load more at stake than Blues. A loss here will put some SERIOUS question marks up about Buckley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back