Carlton are legit flag threats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's round 3 let's not get carried away it was just for four points. Lets have this thread in round 20 and see where we sit. A lot will change in between now and then.

What i really like about Carlton this year is we dont have any players where you cringe when the ball is in their hands or when they're one on one in a marking contest. Other years we have had one, two or three duds on the field which really ruined the team.

12 different goal kickers in the first 2 games and 9 different goal kickers tonight. Don't give a shit about forward lines if we get a spread like that.
September football is, and always has been the domain of key position players. I have a feeling that Carlton will go as far as Waite takes them. He looks in fantastic touch in 2012. As a neutral fan, it's great to see him finally get back out there playing the quality of football many suspected he was capable of.

We were beating them (probably our most dominant patch actually) before either Ball or Reid went down. We then weathered the storm and came out shining.

The difference against last year's Collingwood wouldn't of been 10 goals. But I don't think you can say we couldn't of won against last year's Collingwood with this team, which to me says we are contenders.

Yes, you were beating them because your side was finding holes in Collingwood's armour and inflicting pain. Once Ried and Ball went down, and Collingwood were playing with even more holes, the game opened right up to be a 10 goal flogging.

In the last 7 days of this thread I've read many excuses and people writing off Carlton. Still going on last night/this morning. Maybe come September people might actually get the hint.....Carlton are the best team in the comp this year.

Settle down, Hawks also took care of Pies with comfort while we took care of Hawks. Pies dont seem to be in the top tier with Blues, Hawks and Cats at the moment and for one of those three to stand out from the others would require a belting amongst them.

What i really like about Carlton this year is we dont have any players where you cringe when the ball is in their hands or when they're one on one in a marking contest. Other years we have had one, two or three duds on the field which really ruined the team.

Armfield? Not being a nitpicker but he is prone to not thinking his way through things and makes a few awful mistakes. Gets a game because he's a kamikaze at a contest, Robinson probably similar although Robbo is improving.

Armfield? Not being a nitpicker but he is prone to not thinking his way through things and makes a few awful mistakes. Gets a game because he's a kamikaze at a contest, Robinson probably similar although Robbo is improving.

The good thing about Armfield is he can play Offensively and Defensively. Been known to kick bags of goals and play a negating role in defense.

Multi-position player.

The big problem with Carlton that i could see is that you have peaked early

How so? We've been missing Jamison, Duigan, and Walker just to name a few who substantially improve our side. If Jamison stays injury free for the season you won't believe how much improvement is in our side. He's our most important player bar none.

Was hoping to come on here and see a lot of people eating their words, but still a lot of excuses.

That was premiership quality footy by Carlton last night (they look better than the Hawks and everyone I have seen play so far, like a premiership team), Blues for the flag.

September football is, and always has been the domain of key position players. I have a feeling that Carlton will go as far as Waite takes them. He looks in fantastic touch in 2012. As a neutral fan, it's great to see him finally get back out there playing the quality of football many suspected he was capable of.

That has been shown to be a myth numerous times. The midfield is where every game is won or lost (including finals).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 11-15 we'll know all we need to know about the Blues.

Rnd 11 Geelong
Rnd 12 Eagles (Subi)
Rnd 13 Bye
Rnd 14 Hawks
Rnd 15 Pies

Rough month of footy.

This will be the real acid test for us here.
Even if we can split this 2/2, it will hold us in good stead for a top 4 finish.

He has slowly eradicated these brain fades from his game. Much like Carrazzo. Armfield is a much better footballer than he was 12 months ago.

That has been shown to be a myth numerous times. The midfield is where every game is won or lost (including finals).

This ^^^always has been and always will be ..the engine room players dictate the game ..last night right from the word go the Blues midfiled annihalated the Pies ..made them look slow and ordinary.

If you dominate there and keep pumping the ball inside 50 then it doesn't matter what forwards you have ..you will win the game .

He has slowly eradicated these brain fades from his game. Much like Carrazzo. Armfield is a much better footballer than he was 12 months ago.

Not saying this is incorrect, but they are yet to face any real pressure.

That's when you discover if they have in fact turned the corner.

I only say this, because I've seen September expose our players and skills before.

Not saying this is incorrect, but they are yet to face any real pressure.

That's when you discover if they have in fact turned the corner.

I only say this, because I've seen September expose our players and skills before.

I'd back Robbo and Army in September.

I'd be more worried about the inexperienced guys like Lucas.

Marcus Davies had a horror final last year and made some very costly errors.

Very good side and every chance to make a dent in September....but a hell of a long way to go yet. I don't think Collingwood put there strongest foot forward last night.

Saying that, Hampson and Kruezer are looking deadly.....if they can maintain that presence than it will take some beating. Will never be convinced though about Waite, Betts and Garlett in a finals match....they need more firepower and Betts/Garlett will find it increasingly hard in more physical contests to have the kind of impact that they displayed last night.

Very good side and every chance to make a dent in September....but a hell of a long way to go yet. I don't think Collingwood put there strongest foot forward last night.

Saying that, Hampson and Kruezer are looking deadly.....if they can maintain that presence than it will take some beating. Will never be convinced though about Waite, Betts and Garlett in a finals match....they need more firepower and Betts/Garlett will find it increasingly hard in more physical contests to have the kind of impact that they displayed last night.

Why would that be?
There is also Walker to throw into the mix.

Carlton's forwards aren't one or two players any more, as was the case when Fevola ruled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back