Carlton are legit flag threats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about this, the self-quote

"not convinced, collingwood out of form and have injuries".

if we are a flag threat it will take until 3/4 through the year to convince most people, including myself.

it was always going to happen if we won. mind you, collingwood were so shit you do have to doubt the quality we have come up against.

Why do you use this alias?

We know you're a Carlton support, you realise?

BTW, I never said your team aren't a top 4 chance or a challenger for the flag, but after tonight they will probably be outright favourites for the Premiership after wins against Richmond, Brisbane and a depleted Collingwood.

You did however prove your lack.of perspective..

Re: Carlton hype

No its not because im a pies supporters, i use facts/stats to back up my argument.
Overrate our list?
Ill say it again, our list in the last 6 years hasnt missed a finals series and along the way have gone deep into the finals, including a premiership.
How are we overrating our list?
Our list has proven its better than Carltons, not only head to head, but against other opposition.
The only people overrating their list is Carlton supporters. I still specifically remember Carlton supporters talking up their chances back in 08-09, nothing has changed. You guys are thereabouts, but will continue to be 2nd best. You guys have done nothing yet, but somehow find ways to say we spruik up our team. What a joke, we have reason to spruik up our list.

The whole Swan and Pendlebury v Murphy and Judd comparision is tedious. One side of the ledger has proven success (at their current club), the other doesnt, i know which one id prefer.

Gonna be a great game tonight

preach it brother ....tell us all once again how much better a list Collingwood have compared to Carlton ...very very impressive Footy Knowkedge you have ;)

Like i said ..you overrate them big time . :cool:

Carlton = '06 Eagles.

No forward line to speak of but the best mids in the biz.

That forward line was missing a 50 goal forward who is a tough match-up and still blew about 4 gimmies in the first quarter.

Having said that, it's certainly missing a blue chip KPP. Sometimes that's good. Sometimes that's bad. More often than not it's bad in finals. I think that will keep being the query from here on in. Not much else wrong with the side at this point.

I do agree with the premise of the thread, no doubt, but....

Carlton have played Richmond, Brisbane and a Collingwood side who lost their CHB and one of their most important inside mids during the game. Add those players to the already long list of injury concerns and they spread of talent is looking a lot thinner than it has in most recent years.

I thought Lethal made a very valid point during the match that Carlton and Collingwood are both great sides, but Carlton just started to stretch those small holes that were evident early more and more as the game went on.

A win is a win, and they'd be more than happy about that, but I don't think you'd find too many people who would suggest or agree that the difference between the Blues and Pies is 10 goals.

We were beating them (probably our most dominant patch actually) before either Ball or Reid went down. We then weathered the storm and came out shining.

The difference against last year's Collingwood wouldn't of been 10 goals. But I don't think you can say we couldn't of won against last year's Collingwood with this team, which to me says we are contenders.

Waite, Garlett, Betts and Hampson/Kreuzer resting in the forward line. Add their midfielders who can kick a goal or two and you've got the mix for plenty of scoring shots against anyone. Its their speed into the forward line that is doing the damage.

Our forward line is a tad underrated, Waite + Hampson/Kruezer provide us with 2 more then handy tall options, 2 of the best crumbers going around to feed off them in Betts & Garlett + Walker as the 3rd tall still to come back in.

The ruckman at FF was the weak link but the way Hampson keeps improving that may soon be a thing of the past. The key for us is keeping that spine injury free, Kruezer, Hampson, Waite, Henderson, Jamison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite, Garlett, Betts and Hampson/Kreuzer resting in the forward line. Add their midfielders who can kick a goal or two and you've got the mix for plenty of scoring shots against anyone. Its their speed into the forward line that is doing the damage.

Forgot our leading goal kicker from last year Walker. We do have the potency to kick goals. Great to see Waite in good form early on.

Re: Carlton hype

No its not because im a pies supporters, i use facts/stats to back up my argument.
Overrate our list?
Ill say it again, our list in the last 6 years hasnt missed a finals series and along the way have gone deep into the finals, including a premiership.
How are we overrating our list?
Our list has proven its better than Carltons, not only head to head, but against other opposition.
The only people overrating their list is Carlton supporters. I still specifically remember Carlton supporters talking up their chances back in 08-09, nothing has changed. You guys are thereabouts, but will continue to be 2nd best. You guys have done nothing yet, but somehow find ways to say we spruik up our team. What a joke, we have reason to spruik up our list.

The whole Swan and Pendlebury v Murphy and Judd comparision is tedious. One side of the ledger has proven success (at their current club), the other doesnt, i know which one id prefer.

Gonna be a great game tonight

Maybe it's time you re evaluated your list ..oh and Carltons ;)

We haven't beaten anyone who is any good.

Losing two players didnt help them in the second half.

They have no excuse for the smashing they got in the first quarter.

Our midfield dominated the clearances.

Even in the second quarter we scored 1 goal from 12 I50's. The Pies scored 3 from 6 entries forward. Was a little frustrating to watch.

Still, its round 3. Im reminded of the Brisbane hype in 2010 when they won their first three - and we all know how that ended.

they are only flag threats if they beat collingwood, geelong, hawthorn, WCE and sydney IMO.

Wouldn't that make us flag favourites rather than threats? Might as well say we are only considered flag threats if we beat all of the top 8 including finals :rolleyes:

We were beating them (probably our most dominant patch actually) before either Ball or Reid went down. We then weathered the storm and came out shining.

The difference against last year's Collingwood wouldn't of been 10 goals. But I don't think you can say we couldn't of won against last year's Collingwood with this team, which to me says we are contenders.

This is what I've been thinking. Up till now that wont win in finals but if the spread is good enough and the midfield keep the ball in your forward half enough then that can be compensated for. Carlton's intensity around the ball is good enough to win finals but the long option not being fantastic and fast ball movement that relies on players running free might not work come finals. What is certain, in my mind, is that Carlton will win enough home and away games this year for us to see if will work in finals.

They will trot out a number of excuses they have been preparing all week.

Similar to the ones they used after getting smashed in the GF last year after saying all year they were going to win 3 in a row :rolleyes:

Reid and Ball going down early didn't help. Along with a few calls that didn't go their way early as well. Keeping that in mind, Carlton should've still won comfortably regardless.

If I was Collingwood I would forget about tonight and try and consolidate the next 4 weeks. They have more injury problems which will make it tough to secure top 4.

As far you guys are concerned you still have Walker to come in, and I'm guessing Bower to drop out for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back