Carlton Game Injury Realities

Remove this Banner Ad

INJURIES who wants them, but unfortunately it happens.
All is not lost, we can cover for the 2 UNFORTUNATE player`s.

V.B should take MARTINS spot
JANEACH for CALLINAN

I would upgrade WRIGHT with MARTIN going on the long term injury

I don`t think our F/WARD structure is right. I honestly think we should put
TIPPETT into the RUCK, and let WALKER do his thing, as the lead up FORWARD. I think I will get HOWLED down on this PARAGRAPH, but this is
the way I feel.

You don't think it's a little strange that a guy with basically no history of injury troubles, with a durable body who has played exceptionally for the last four seasons for Central Districts without a scratch on him, suddenly pulls on a Crows jumper and is out for 12 weeks?

This on top of the fact that club officials have said he's lost 5-6 kg with the Crows training regime?

We would have to be a bunch of mindless goons to at least not ask the question.

Seriously not sure if you're being serious here.

Strange? Not in the slightest. Tough game footy. It's tough at SANFL level, but it's so much quicker and tougher in the AFL only a mindless goon would put this injury down to the fact that he trained and played with the crows.

so why would the sheep be baa'ing this tune :confused:

Tippett and Hendo should both be ready for round 1

hard luck for Nutter and Martin however this opens the door for Jaensch, Tambling, Smith and Wright

with VB and Porps to return next week, Craigy still has plenty of quality cattle at his disposal and lets be honest our season was never dependent on both Martin and Nutter having big years

Good call. Optimistic call. What we need call.

You don't think it's a little strange that a guy with basically no history of injury troubles, with a durable body who has played exceptionally for the last four seasons for Central Districts without a scratch on him, suddenly pulls on a Crows jumper and is out for 12 weeks?

This on top of the fact that club officials have said he's lost 5-6 kg with the Crows training regime?

We would have to be a bunch of mindless goons to at least not ask the question.

SP

mate all seriousness stop throwing stones with little to no basis

Nutter's injury is a freak injury with no connection to his physical conditioning.

Quite simply you are wrong, Nutter had plenty of injury concerns at the dogs as he was actually on a modified program for 2-3 years and as a result played 5kg over his ideal playing and this is why he played more up forward with the dogs rather in the midfield........

it was only last season Nutter started to get over his injury concerns and there is no doubt in my mind that he had to change his body shape to play at AFL level

We have to be a bunch of mindless goons on nothing more than a witch hunt to think Nutter's injury is related to his training or physical conditioning to play at this level

last time I checked footy was a collision / contact sport so injuries are going to happen, no better example was last nights game with a total of four shoulder injuries, gheez if that was us I could only imagine the uproar on this board

I know on these forums you take the good and the bad however there are some people on this forum who are obsessed with trying to find any reason without basis to throw stones, c'mon guys lets play the ball

SP

mate all seriousness stop throwing stones with little to no basis

Nutter's injury is a freak injury with no connection to his physical conditioning.

Quite simply you are wrong, Nutter had plenty of injury concerns at the dogs as he was actually on a modified program for 2-3 years and as a result played 5kg over his ideal playing and this is why he played more up forward with the dogs rather in the midfield........

it was only last season Nutter started to get over his injury concerns and there is no doubt in my mind that he had to change his body shape to play at AFL level

We have to be a bunch of mindless goons on nothing more than a witch hunt to think Nutter's injury is related to his training or physical conditioning to play at this level

last time I checked footy was a collision / contact sport so injuries are going to happen, no better example was last nights game with a total of four shoulder injuries, gheez if that was us I could only imagine the uproar on this board

I know on these forums you take the good and the bad however there are some people on this forum who are obsessed with trying to find any reason without basis to throw stones, c'mon guys lets play the ball

This discussion has been more in depth over on the Fitness Management "toast" thread - check it out.

But before you do - one question, in relation to the bolded section - wouldn't this highlight why I've actually asked the queston? You've said he was on a modified program at Centrals and his body needed to be a few kilos heavier. So that need has suddenly disappeared??

You've actually just proved that my question is valid. I never ruled out bad luck as a cause of Callinan's injury - all I did was raise concern over the fact that he is signicantly lighter, concern which you have just validated by stating that his playing weight at Centrals was by design not accident. I think it's you that needs to stop throwing stones.

This discussion has been more in depth over on the Fitness Management "toast" thread - check it out.

But before you do - one question, in relation to the bolded section - wouldn't this highlight why I've actually asked the queston? You've said he was on a modified program at Centrals and his body needed to be a few kilos heavier. So that need has suddenly disappeared??

You've actually just proved that my question is valid. I never ruled out bad luck as a cause of Callinan's injury - all I did was raise concern over the fact that he is signicantly lighter, concern which you have just validated by stating that his playing weight at Centrals was by design not accident. I think it's you that needs to stop throwing stones.

SP

firstly, I never said that Nutter needed to be a few kilo's heavier or never did I raised any concerns that he was lighter.

What I did say was that he was 5kg heavier as a result of being on a modified program, please, I would ask you to read my post correctly.

Again the purpose of my initial post was to remove the perception that you created by you saying "Nutter was injury free at the dogs and suddenly puts a crows jumper and gets injured" by pointing out the following facts:

1. Nutter actually did battle injuries and his playing weight at Centrals, which in contray to what you have said
2. Even though Nutter has lost weight this is more a result of being able to train full time and getting to his optimal playing weight
3. Contray to what you have said I do not believe that there is a connection between Nutter being lighter and his latest injury
4. I know for a fact that even though he is lighter he has never felt fitter or stronger

In terms of "stone throwing", well behaviour drives perception and throwing in these cheeky one liners without any substance at all does create a certain perception.

Only our own behaviour can change perception

TSP Pete's got you, you have kinda proved his point or rather validated his question.

you've said his injuries were curtailed at Centrals through a modified program, that left him 5kgs overweight.

now of course we don't know, but that argument extends SP's logic not rebutts it

SP
firstly, I never said that Nutter needed to be a few kilo's heavier or never did I raised any concerns that he was lighter.

What I did say was that he was 5kg heavier as a result of being on a modified program, please, I would ask you to read my post correctly.

And he was a pretty handy player at that weight. In fact an outstanding player. One we recruited on the basis that he was too good for SANFL - at THAT weight.

3. Contray to what you have said I do not believe that there is a connection between Nutter being lighter and his latest injury.

I said there may be a connection, but each to their own.

1. Nutter actually did battle injuries and his playing weight at Centrals, which in contray to what you have said
2. Even though Nutter has lost weight this is more a result of being able to train full time and getting to his optimal playing weight

Define optimal playing weight, please? Is it anything like Stuart Dew in the 2008 Grand Final? I wonder if you could ask the AFC fitness brigade what they thought about Dew's skin folds that day. I was too busy watching him win a premiership off his own boot.

4. I know for a fact that even though he is lighter he has never felt fitter or stronger

The old, "A fat blowfly is a slow blowfly," hey? Neil's favourite line. Let me just say that how an athlete feels, and how his body responds to changes in composition are two very different things.

TSP Pete's got you, you have kinda proved his point or rather validated his question.

you've said his injuries were curtailed at Centrals through a modified program, that left him 5kgs overweight.

now of course we don't know, but that argument extends SP's logic not rebutts it

Crow-mo

SP, made a comment that Nutter was injury free at the Dogs and suddenly puts on a crows jumper and he cops an injury, this is simply not true and was a little cheeky.

Im not disputing the fact that a modified program had helped Nutter play some pretty good SANFL footy in 2010 however I would stop short in saying that being 5kg heavier is his optimal playing weight and I would stop short in drawing a connection with his current injury and playing weight

Simple facts are that his latest injury is quite simply a collision type injury similar to an injury that Phil Waugh (Warrataghs / Wallabies) recently suffered and he is a big strong boy........

Nutter would be the first to admit that he needed to change his body shape to play AFL and I'm sure if you asked he that he wuld say that he has never been stronger, even though he is lighter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he was a pretty handy player at that weight. In fact an outstanding player. One we recruited on the basis that he was too good for SANFL - at THAT weight.

I said there may be a connection, but each to their own.

Define optimal playing weight, please? Is it anything like Stuart Dew in the 2008 Grand Final? I wonder if you could ask the AFC fitness brigade what they thought about Dew's skin folds that day. I was too busy watching him win a premiership off his own boot.

The old, "A fat blowfly is a slow blowfly," hey? Neil's favourite line. Let me just say that how an athlete feels, and how his body responds to changes in composition are two very different things.

SP

Everyone player that we recruit is a handy player and almost every player needs to change their weight / body shape to play at the next level.

Yes Nutter was a good player in the SANFL but he will be an even better player 5kg lighter, if he doesn't get a game with the crows you watch him rip the sanfl apart with his stronger fitness base and lower playing weight, he will spend more time in the middle and will be a yard or two quicker......

I have no doubt that his latest set back is a result of a freak collision injury and that he will be an even stronger and better player for being 5kg lighter

TSP Pete's got you, you have kinda proved his point or rather validated his question. you've said his injuries were curtailed at Centrals through a modified program, that left him 5kgs overweight.

And there really is an Easter Bunny and a Santa Claus too, Crow-mo, if you want to believe in them too. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Game Injury Realities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back