Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is, what do we need more. A running medium sized defender with an elite kick. Or an inside/outside mid with

really decent pace? Need to bear in mind that Houston will cost us much more.

Personally, I prefer the Smith option.
Smith is going to Geelong.
He’s not an option for us.

Question is, what do we need more. A running medium sized defender with an elite kick. Or an inside/outside mid with

really decent pace? Need to bear in mind that Houston will cost us much more.

Personally, I prefer the Smith option.

Smith whilst a good runner has poor disposal efficiency.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's contracted. Port will ask for two first rounders. To get a contracted player you need to pay overs. Personally I'd hit the draft and get some much needed speed into the side. Our number one focus needs to be to resign TDK. By this time next season he could be one of the highest paid players. Clubs will be throwing huge $$ at him.
So let’s hope it’s not two firsts then

AFL trade buzz: Carlton set to make play for Port Adelaide’s Dan Houston

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Tassie coming in is overstated. It’s likely one draft then one extra pick after that.
Look at our last 8 drafts; Only two players are anything better than average role players. If you are relying on nailing the one draft Tassie will dominate then I think you are somewhat jumping at shadows.

Alright, those that have watched Houston much more than me, sell me.

Is he as good as some say? Or could he be another Paul Johnson that technically has an elite peg and delivery but skill goes to water once thrust into our team with enough pressure put on him?

I’ve read a lot of posts about team selection/integrity and upcoming trade period and I’m not sure what supporters want.

Very conflicting views from going after so called big fish or role players on the cheap or just going to the draft.

At the end of the day we just need to trust the club and unfortunately it’s not going to please everyone.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the Tassie coming in is overstated. It’s likely one draft then one extra pick after that.
Look at our last 8 drafts; Only two players are anything better than average role players. If you are relying on nailing the one draft Tassie will dominate then I think you are somewhat jumping at shadows.

Tassie will have access to the best 17 year olds, similar to GWS. Then at least 2-3 drafts of multiple first round picks

Last edited:
The other thing is that all the speculation has been that Tassie will be required to trade picks. There are absolutely going to be ways to get early picks in the Tasmanian compromised drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back