Preview Carlton v Sydney - Sunday 5th August 3:15PM @ Etihad - Team - Post #341

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a professional, Simmo. Knocked half dead but still conscious his jocks might be riding up.:thumbsu:

art-353-svKSIMPSON-300x0.jpg

Such a professional, Simmo. Knocked half dead but still conscious his jocks might be riding up.:thumbsu:

art-353-svKSIMPSON-300x0.jpg

Nah, reckon he thought his mouth guard was tucked in his jocks. He was planning on popping it back in (broken jaw and all), and sprinting 100m to create another option for his team mates.

Any truth that his fitness test was so get through a 2kg rump steak?

With the piece on Jarred's 150th on the CFC website (first game v swans, 100th v swans, 150th v ?) I would say he is a lock to play this week, and Ratts also gave Simmo the all clear in a presser today, so at the very least I expect these 2 to play but who would be out for them. I doubt they would drop Thornton so it would seem Caz would go for Waite, and Dale for Simmo?

With the piece on Jarred's 150th on the CFC website (first game v swans, 100th v swans, 150th v ?) I would say he is a lock to play this week, and Ratts also gave Simmo the all clear in a presser today, so at the very least I expect these 2 to play but who would be out for them. I doubt they would drop Thornton so it would seem Caz would go for Waite, and Dale for Simmo?

Doubt Cas will be dropped unless Warnock comes in for him. Kreuz needs relief in ruck approx 5-10% of match.

We will know where Thornton stands if Caz stays in and he doesn't. We know Ratts likes to play two rucks where possible.

Doubt Cas will be dropped unless Warnock comes in for him. Kreuz needs relief in ruck approx 5-10% of match.
If Mumford, Reid and Gibbs bunny all dont play, they will only have the Canadian in ruck and Kruze could handle that, surely? Thornton could pinch but it probably would not be for more than a few minutes each quarter. As others have pointed out, if it comes down to a choice between Cas and T-bird, that is not a contest T-bird could afford to lose at this stage of their relative careers I reckon. (Knockers is in the mix again).

If Mumford, Reid and Gibbs bunny all dont play, they will only have the Canadian in ruck and Kruze could handle that, surely? Thornton could pinch but it probably would not be for more than a few minutes each quarter. As others have pointed out, if it comes down to a choice between Cas and T-bird, that is not a contest T-bird could afford to lose at this stage of their relative careers I reckon. (Knockers is in the mix again).

IF memory serves, Kreuzer killed Mumford on his return last year. Im pretty sure he can take Pyke if necessary. As for Tbird, as sad as it is, I think hes marking time. Casbault is very much the future, and hasnt done a lot wrong to date since coming in.

IF memory serves, Kreuzer killed Mumford on his return last year. Im pretty sure he can take Pyke if necessary. As for Tbird, as sad as it is, I think hes marking time. Casbault is very much the future, and hasnt done a lot wrong to date since coming in.
No doubt at all. As other posters have highlighted, perhaps his lack of pre-season and early games might tell on him after a couple of games though. I dont think a rest would be a slap for his performance at all, just an acknowledgement of the preparation (or lack thereof) that he has had. I would be stoked if he got another shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casboult stays, T Bird will be dropped.

Whilst I understand this, I still think Thornton deserves some credit for a great game last week.

Kicked 2 goals and sublimely set up that one for Jeffy right on 3 Qtr time to give us a 2 goal break as well as the all important momentum going into the last.

Very disappointed 3 key plays in which Thornton was involved in which won us the game.

- mark and goal to end 1st quarter gives us momentum going into 2nd quarter
- palm to Garlett 4? secs on clock gives us momentum going into final quarter
- Free for gets us to within 1 goal in last quarter

+ outstanding tackle on ducking Rance spilled ball to Curnow resulted in I50 (& point)

Ratts = Stats, who cares doesn't matter if you were responsible for 3 out of the 14 goals kicked.

I hope he's right.

Fairly predictable from Ratten, doubt if there will be a exchange of christmas cards this year between Ratten & Thornton.
There clearly seems to be a favourites list, Watson omitted for no apparent reason, Davies and now White back in without either showing outstanding form to return, and both are at this time fringe players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back