Review Cats beat Lions by 10 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game also illustrated why Fort would have been worth holding onto instead of Rhys Stanley.

The sooner Ceglar is back from injury, the better we should be in ruck.
Didn't Stanley get a coaches vote?

Yep. Definitely missing that 6 hitout Darcy Fort :drunk:

Yep. Definitely missing that 6 hitout Darcy Fort :drunk:
Obviously didn’t watch the game
Fort was good around the ground as a marking target who pinch hits in the ruck.
He showed more tonight than Sav has all year.
That being on 6 disposals, 3 Marks, a goal and 9 hit outs

Obviously didn’t watch the game
Fort was good around the ground as a marking target who pinch hits in the ruck.
He showed more tonight than Sav has all year.
That being on 6 disposals, 3 Marks, a goal and 9 hit outs
Was taking the piss out of the Fort>Stanley call. Takes very little to be better than Sav.
The lowest of low bars.

I stand by that comment.
Rhys Stanley is the ultimate underachiever. He will never, ever give us solid back-to-back performances in September when it matters most. He will forever be a player who had it all. 35 inch vertical leap, won grand final sprints, bench presses 165kg and yet, played the game so timidly.
Look, I don't disagree that Stanley is not a finals-standard AFL first line ruckman. The issue I have is this idea that Fort is superior and should have been kept. Fort is doing his job as a "break glass in case of emergency" ruckman but isn't better than that.

Look, I don't disagree that Stanley is not a finals-standard AFL first line ruckman. The issue I have is this idea that Fort is superior and should have been kept. Fort is doing his job as a "break glass in case of emergency" ruckman but isn't better than that.
The discussion is based on pre-judged drivel; Fort was absolutely smashed by the Stanley/Blicavs combo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said Fort is superior to Stanley? I have never said such a thing. As goes with Ceglar. They're all hopeless journeymen.
I have always said both are poor rucks but one guy is younger than the other and did better in the VFL to earn the right to play more senior footy and didn't.

Stanley is a pea heart. Like Rohan, he is a massive reason why the Geelong Football Club have never taken the next step in all of these years.
They are the ultimate tease.
At least you know what you are going to get with Fort.

Love the supporters in here pumping up his tyres though. They were always in his corner the very day we traded away Varcoe for he & Clark.

Who said Fort is superior to Stanley? I have never said such a thing. As goes with Ceglar. They're all hopeless journeymen.
I have always said both are poor rucks but one guy is younger than the other and did better in the VFL to earn the right to play more senior footy and didn't.

Stanley is a pea heart. Like Rohan, he is a massive reason why the Geelong Football Club have never taken the next step in all of these years.

Love the supporters in here pumping up his tyres though. They were always in his corner the very day we traded away Varcoe for he & Clark.
You said we should have kept Fort and dropped Stanley.

Correct and ceglar is as good as fort anyway hes just injured.

Fort is not young he is 28 and both ceglar and stanley are 31. Even if we had kept fort none of the three are a long term solution for us. Hopefully conway will be.

Stanley was effectively a straight swap for Allen Christensen, not Varcoe. And frankly judged on output thus far, we won that trade.

Clark was a separate trade straight swap for varcoe.
Stanley trade was a separate one for pick 21 which we got from the lions for bundy. Given bundy is already retired we did ok on that one.

Clark was a separate trade straight swap for varcoe.
Stanley trade was a separate one for pick 21 which we got from the lions for bundy. Given bundy is already retired we did ok on that one.

I don't really care what anyone has to say regarding the whole trade because at the end of the day, Stanley has not worked out and it's been a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back