Review Cats beat Lions by 10 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bold, not having a go at you, as I agree. Some very favourable delivery that was unstoppable.

But I think it shows the difference between promising youngster v whipping boy. 2019 PF and Tom Lynch got the exact same service but it wasn’t mentioned at all on here because he kicked a bag on a whipping boy. Less leeway was therefore afforded on here.

Who are you referring too in ‘19? Kolo?

It’s the fact that sdk has played 4 games, rather than any whipping boy status. If the whipping boy has played 100 games then they don’t deserve the leeway that a 4 gamer does.

It’s the fact that sdk has played 4 games, rather than any whipping boy status. If the whipping boy has played 100 games then they don’t deserve the leeway that a 4 gamer does.
SDK. I said it before DO NOT FALL OVER !!!! He has played 4 games but surely falling over in defence is unforgivable. Yes Raw. But will be a player. Put games into him. He can use height to punch the ball and will build more confident. But don't fall over !!!

Based on the context used they most certainly do. McStay had most of his marks last night to his advantage, some completely undefendable.
The same happened with Lynch in that PF but superhuman defending was expected. Just highlighting a pretty poor double standard.

We're all couch bums who know nothing about the game, let's face it.
Most here want Sav dropped. Danger last night pretty much contradicts that with his internal valuation, and you can guarantee he will be straight back in next game.

Based on the context used they most certainly do. McStay had most of his marks last night to his advantage, some completely undefendable.
The same happened with Lynch in that PF but superhuman defending was expected. Just highlighting a pretty poor double standard.

We're all couch bums who know nothing about the game, let's face it.
Most here want Sav dropped. Danger last night pretty much contradicts that with his internal valuation, and you can guarantee he will be straight back in next game.

I said something to you last night purely in jest - after the game - re you tipping the Lions to win by about 4 goals

And my post got deleted - Unbelievable

I said something to you last night purely in jest - after the game - re you tipping the Lions to win by about 4 goals

And my post got deleted - Unbelievable
Same here. Can guarantee I didn't report anything.
Bit soft really 🤷‍♂️

I love Close! We are lucky to have him. My only guess is that the way he plays is very team orientated and amongst other talented juniors was maybe viewed as lacking a highlights package and perhaps they questioned whether he could do it against bigger senior bodies- their loss our gain

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And he didn't come through the draft traditionally. Originally from Mount Gambier, he made the move late to the sanfl & Glenelg. A few yrs after a premiership player with the bays then bingo....to us luckily.

by frothies

if by frothies you mean actual beers then :thumbsu: it's good to have the boys be like real footballers.

I'm of the view that the having one or two with opposition after games is great.
Bloody oath.... if you watch Roaming Zac Tuhoy of the offical cats app, there no hidding them, Shark, Mitch Duncan with a Great Northern Can, and the box of Great Northern Box on the table..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, footy sooking is reaching epic proportions. And footy is looking better than it’s looked for a few years- still they aren’t happy.

I think the reason it has got a lot of attention is it was undoubtedly a big moment in the game and a blatant shove, and on top of that the bizarre reason by the ump - both in motion. I agree Close was probably a free after. But Hawkins also got a bizarre one in the third from a 50/50 wrestle. I am conscious that as a lions supporter i have some bias. We remember the ones in which we were stiffed. The dodgy ones we get are ‘about time’! So we could both mention 5-6 dodgy ones i am sure. Again it’s how blatant the late Hawkins one was i think that sticks in ones craw.

Having said that, Cats were clearly the better side overall, AND lions got quite a good run early from the umps. Which always makes me nervous at what is coming!

I thought oddly Hawkins and Adams probably split the points. Midfield was where we lost. And it was such a team effort from Geelong. Previous years it would be Selwood / Dangerfield / Ablett who would kill us. This time apart from Smith i struggle to name a dominant geelong mid. But everyone seemed to play their part, and just looked more intense than us, broke tackles more easily, worked through traffic better. Also seem to have a quicker style this year which had us on the back foot at times.

Lions have a bit of thinking to do about our midfield mix. While i struggle to see us winning any sort of game with that inside 50 count, we hung in there at least.

Geelong look in contention again.

Right now if we meet in the finals i think either side would feel good about winning at home. Especially given our other hoodoo is the mcg!

Your thoughts follow those of your coach, quite the gentlemen but no less incisive for that.
He did sound annoyed when he said there are more midielders than Lachy (they didn't cope with the pressure).

The umps insistence (letting the game flow) on putting the whistle away during the last 15 minutes courts controversies at the most crucial stage.
So in this case it's trumping one contentious decision (Close) on top of another (Hawkins ) among others.
They go to water fearing the native pitchforks- We're not that one eyed.
Get gutsy and pay the correct calls FFS. Except maybe in Port Adelaide. :)

I though SDK had an average night. Had multiple goals kicked on him. Towards the end he showed some good signs though
He did have an average night and was consistently out bodied 1v1 for contested marks.

This is probably expected really, if a 20yo key defender is winning against mature key forwards week in week out then you have a rarity on your hands.. even Scarlett used to get his pants pulled down often as a pup ( Lloyd used to take him to the cleaners in their early year battles).

We need a very good defensive coach to help him with his defensive positioning which is quite bad at the moment.

My god the media and the nuffy public have lost the plot over Hawkins. They really do hate us.

I could name a number of frees we should’ve had throughout the night but considering Close didn’t get a free inside 50 seconds later and Hodge describing Andrews push on Blicavs as payback just minutes after that has me astonished they don’t talk about that aswell?

So anti Hawkins. The whole night was putrid yet they focus on that despite ‘payback’ non frees.
We got lucky with a few of Hawkins marks. Could've easily gone the other way. I expect Umpires to be aware of this next time around tbh.

Having said that, I think we should've won the match.

He did have an average night and was consistently out bodied 1v1 for contested marks.

This is probably expected really, if a 20yo key defender is winning against mature key forwards week in week out then you have a rarity on your hands.. even Scarlett used to get his pants pulled down often as a pup ( Lloyd used to take him to the cleaners in their early year battles).

We need a very good defensive coach to help him with his defensive positioning which is quite bad at the moment.
We have Harry Taylor and Matt Egan at the club. It will get sorted.

Haven't seen it.

What did he say in essence?
He was asked how severe Narkle's injury was, said they were hopeful it wasn't too bad.

Went on to say he thought he was good, had forced his way into the team. Was really happy for him in the third and then really disappointed to see him go down.

Comments didn't really align with someone who is finished.

Watch from around 5.40 mark if you're interested:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back