Autopsy Cats lose to Crows by 12 points - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So perhaps that might put an end to thinking we can have easy games?

Just didn't work hard enough

No excuses about frees or anything.

Liked our smell too much .. got drunk on it and lost.

Be nice to each other.

GO Catters

Geelong putting in a deplorable effort against a perceived weaker team? I refuse to believe it.

Kolo and Zac Guthrie shouldn't be anywhere near the senior team for a long time, and Henderson looks shot. Old man Harry Taylor sitting back laughing at the defence in his absence. And that's only the beginning. :roflv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the rule changes I suspect our lack of legspeed will be a major talking point, but tbh I thought our slow decision-making with ball in hand was far more an issue today. They all took FOREVER to get rid of it. It was like they thought they were playing kick to kick in their local park or something ffs.

Issues that have plagued us for a long while now.

Honestly we just didn't turn up and match the intent of a young team who where ready to play.
Pretty insipid considering it's round 1 but it'll have almost no reflection on the rest of the season.
Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty pissed at the bullshit weak football most of the team brought for the majority of the game but shit happens, sometimes the opposition comes out 5% higher than usual and you are 5% off and that's what we got.

My biggest issue is the stop start game with the new mark rule, we'll be left behind if we keep playing like that (especially with forwards allergic to being in front), but once we start moving it quickly and running hard to create we are a 10 goal better side.
Learn, adapt, move onto next week sans Dangerfield (he'll go. Fair bump but trial by media suggests he's gone for sure).

Well done you green ****wits for ruining and changing the outcome of a game of footy.
Crows deserved to win as it’s not their fault the umpires were ****ing terrible.

While I’m at it, I wanted to see how Jenkins went.
Now I’ve seen that I don’t want to see it again.
Why didn’t we start playing that game plan long before against a quick, young side.

Hope isn’t lost with me
Pretty bloody angry but no certain players are to blame for that result

Yes it could be only round 1... but we lost to the Wooden Spooners... We made the Grand Final last year and they came last.... pathetic.... I love Geelong and I always will but we should of win this, credit to Adelaide...
But Chris Scott, let's put Blitz in the ruck again ( F$#k me dead ):why 🤦‍♂️

Anyone could see that Tex Walker was smashing Kolo. Scott loves to back in his players but he needs to be less stubborn to make a change when it’s clearly needed. Had he moved Kolo earlier or Danger to the middle earlier, we may not have been 7 goals behind. It was too big a margin to reel in. Shades of 2019 PF with Tom Lynch and 2020 GF with Danger forward instead of midfield. If it’s not working, make the call earlier Scotty, please.

I love how the "Make Blitz a Defender" lasted 2 quarters. How we improved as a midfield group with his defensive efforts in the 2nd half really show up how Rhys Stanleys inconsistencies in Performance are unforgivable.

It's been tolerated for too long. I honestly doubt he would be on 7-8 other clubs lists... He'd be lucky to be in any one else's teams. We have to demand more.

Honestly he only ever steps up when Blitz is outshining him. He's like the Mark Waugh of Ruckman. He has flashes of inspiration... Repeated stuff ups after that and just as he's on the verge of being dropped he pulls out a sparkling 100 in a dead rubber against Pakistan.

I'm sick of it...

Anyone could see that Tex Walker was smashing Kolo. Scott loves to back in his players but he needs to be less stubborn to make a change when it’s clearly needed. Had he moved Kolo earlier or Danger to the middle earlier, we may not have been 7 goals behind. It was too big a margin to reel in. Shades of 2019 PF with Tom Lynch and 2020 GF with Danger forward instead of midfield. If it’s not working, make the call earlier Scotty, please.

The only person who enjoyed Kolos performance today was Jack Henry. For the rest of us it was horrendous.

Well, they're better than us right now.

I think thats a very narrow view..just because they won the game doesnt make them better across the board..they played their best game and us our worst..that was clearly obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Crows by 12 points - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back