Autopsy Cats lose to Crows by 12 points - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt a lot like a final - jumped early and then playing catch up. Was only close because they couldn't sustain the pressure after suffering injuries. The extent to which we were smashed around the ball is worrying given Danger is going to get suspended and the cupboard is mighty bare in the twos after that.

Dangerfield (not the superman he once was but still good) must play in the middle. Rest him forward if it helps but to start the game with him in the goal square is terrible coaching.

Bloody sick of seeing him deep forward, hasn’t worked for a long time now

Anyone could see that Tex Walker was smashing Kolo. Scott loves to back in his players but he needs to be less stubborn to make a change when it’s clearly needed. Had he moved Kolo earlier or Danger to the middle earlier, we may not have been 7 goals behind. It was too big a margin to reel in. Shades of 2019 PF with Tom Lynch and 2020 GF with Danger forward instead of midfield. If it’s not working, make the call earlier Scotty, please.

I’m over the fact that if the backline does something good it’s let all praise Scarlett, yet if something goes bad it’s Scott’s fault.

Crows looked a lot better in the last 6 weeks or so last year and were pretty good today.
We played poorly-who knows why. Still should have pinched it though.
The new rules means teams like the crows today can bring it in quickly, so our old ways of slowing the opposition down and making them kick the ball high into the forward 50, well, it might need some adjusting this year.
Anyway- a few things to work on for next week.
Tommy- I hate those dribble kicks.

Well. We’ve gifted them a quarter of their wins this year. Maggots did not help our cause at all, wrongly paid Jenkins mark in the square, and free against him that wasn’t cost us two goals, and that’s just for starters.
Didn’t deserve to win, even accounting for that. How many players get a pass mark? At half time I had maybe 3.
The captain looks cooked, forget about hanging shit on a young bloke like Z Guthrie. Might be one year too many.
Rohan is frustrating, but he is what he is, I give him a pass today.
Omith pass just.
Blicavs.
Not many others, just a horrible way to open the season. Hopefully this is the low point.
Maggots deplorable, and if Danger gets a suspension, I will have my (nearly 20 year) BigFooty.com account deleted and I will stop following the game.

I love how the "Make Blitz a Defender" lasted 2 quarters. How we improved as a midfield group with his defensive efforts in the 2nd half really show up how Rhys Stanleys inconsistencies in Performance are unforgivable.

It's been tolerated for too long. I honestly doubt he would be on 7-8 other clubs lists... He'd be lucky to be in any one else's teams. We have to demand more.

Honestly he only ever steps up when Blitz is outshining him. He's like the Mark Waugh of Ruckman. He has flashes of inspiration... Repeated stuff ups after that and just as he's on the verge of being dropped he pulls out a sparkling 100 in a dead rubber against Pakistan.

I'm sick of it...

Pretty tough call on Stanley..I thought he held his own against O'Brien.

Think there are a lot of others that didnt put in for long enough.

I think thats a very narrow view..just because they won the game doesnt make them better across the board..they played their best game and us our worst..that was clearly obvious.

Won't know if it's our worst, or the new norm, until we get a few more games under our belt.

Constable gets 6 disposals in 10 min

We still can not find a spot in the team for him as it has so much depth.

Scott take note FFS.

Arrogance of the Coach and the team
Against tired kids in the last Q with less fit men on the bench.
He’ll get a game soon but needs to show he can run out 4Q before anyone should get excited.
The only person who enjoyed Kolos performance today was Jack Henry. For the rest of us it was horrendous.
He was in a loss v Coburg. No guarantee he or anyone else played well enough to come in. By the sounds Stephens was before injury

PFD playing out of the forward line at the opening bounce of the first game of the year set an arrogant, complacent tone straight away. I thought we were recommitting to the idea of him as a midfielder? Danger is wasted as a forward, especially when the forward line is congested and he doesn't have space to work with. We have one of the best mids in the entire comp and that's how we use him? He's still miles better than any other mid we have. It's just handicapping ourselves for no reason whatsoever.

Didn’t deserve to win, just a lazy team with an awful coach.

But even so anyone who thinks 31-15 and 10-1 in the final qrt didn’t have an impact is kidding themselves.

Nah, his winning percentage is unparalleled and he has a premiership to boot. In fact, one can argue he is among the top 5 coaches in VFL/AFL history.

Look at this years master moves for example, who in their right mind would play someone like Tom Atkins in defense?
Name me another coach who has the faith in a defender (who already has 5 goals kicked on him), and never makes a strategic change? That isn't just forward thinking, it's genius!

I am no Kolo fan...not at all....but the first two goals Tex kicked were on Henderson.

That said, Kolo was ordinary, along with a few mates in our much vaunted backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against tired kids in the last Q with less fit men on the bench.
He’ll get a game soon but needs to show he can run out 4Q before anyone should get excited.

How can he when he doesn't get the consecutive chances like other players...
Lets give him 4 or so games in a row, to show what he can do..

Mindset lost it! Thought it would be a stroll, yet the hungrier team won! Not that surprised to be honest. It’s happened many times.
The crows ran forward in waves all alone. Deplorable effort !
Smith played well & Higgins tried , yet we have too many attacking midfielders now. Horribly exposed the other way!
Defensive minded midfielders needed!

Danger is definitely going to get suspended but it's a ******* joke that that's worthy of a suspension.

No PFD, Cameron or Duncan against Brisbane. We're probably going to go in to Easter Monday 0-2.
Watching how the Hawks are using the footy and running. Them at the G is suddenly more worrying than it should be

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Crows by 12 points - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back