Autopsy Cats lose to Freo by 7 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

THIS!!!
Plus Danger is a selfish player, more focused on himself. Although, really missed him at centre clearances when he was injured.
I’d prefer Stewart. Also, why wasn't Hawkins selected? 100% team player

I don't think Hawkins is the right answer either (for other reasons!) but Stewart is definitely the sort of bloke you'd follow into battle.

Dangerfield? Ehh....not so much.

There are a lot of people who don't want the truth you're serving up.

Cameron is an amazing footballer. But he's not running both ways at the moment. The club hasn't got its money's worth from him this year. He's failed the club when we've needed him to perform.

was flying early in the year; copped a couple of injuries along the way but I wonder if the new baby might have thrown out his equilibrium ..

I don't think Hawkins is the right answer either (for other reasons!) but Stewart is definitely the sort of bloke you'd follow into battle.

Dangerfield? Ehh....not so much.
If PDF's defensive running is the standard to be expected by others then we can enjoy being middle bottom for some time.

It's somewhat unfair to make comparisons, but I can say with 100% certainty that nobody ever questioned selwood's defensive effort.

If Hawk doesn't get up, they must give Neale a crack
Blicavs injury opens up a chance for Menegola as a runner to earn his spot back in the 2024 team
On today's performance I'd give O. Henry, Bowes, Stanley a spell next week with Hawk and Blicavs injured
Put Ratagolea in the ruck rotating back with DeKonning, Menegola for Blicavs, hopefully Guthrie for Bowes, Knevitt as an extra midfielder and Bews
Kolo DeKonning Bews
Z. Guthrie Henry Stewart
Smith Atkins Holmes
Miers Dangerfield Rohan
Close Cameron Stengle
Ratagolea Duncan Guthrie
Neale Tuohy Knevitt Bruhn
Sub Hardie

Time to get some enthusiasm back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly our worst performance for some time.
Towards the end of the season, finals on the line, coaches record game, at home vs 15th and we were woeful.
Senior players in particular should be embarrassed, finger pointed directly at Danger and Stewart as the so called "leaders" of the club.
Not many could hold their heads up after that.
Was it though? We kicked 1 goal to half time last week. The gold coast game earlier in the year was deplorable? Thought those games were even worse. Probably missing another shocker this year as well.

we have had so many poor games this year.

I'm not sure it's "hubris" so much as.....let's trust the old blokes and give them one last shot at it to make sure we've squeezed every last drop from the orange.

It looks like we have indeed done that, the orange is dry, so that's that. At least we didn't die wondering.
Add to that. . .in past seasons senior + talented players were relied upon too much. When they were off, we often lost.

In 2022 we saw a very cohesive team. Every player fulfilled their role.

One of Selwood’s abundant talents was an inimitable ability to go hard when we were down + drag the team with him.

Standing, expecting the ball to slide down the throat + no backup from teammates allows oppo teams to intercept.

Lots of work to be done if improvement is wanted.

Miers is probably the only guy that without a doubt has stepped up his game from last season.

You just can't seriously challenge when that is the case.

It seems the team has rested in the belief that their best is good enough when they get to flicking the switch, but its been a false sense of security.

When are we going to start calling out our centre midfielders as being terrible?
Nah Bruhn is a gun. I'm sure his direct opponent didn't get much of the ball..

We also have "dangerfield but better at kicking" Holmes to provide that explosive dynamic midfield to help change the game when required.

Must be the backlines fault again

So who played worse? Stewart, Hawkins, Danger or Cameron.

Stewart in a photo for me from Cameron.

No A grade player plays more game losing games than Stewart. What an absolute shocker he had.

One of the interesting discussions around these traps over recent seasons has been about the gap between the best games & worse games we see from players, and the need to reduce the gap between them

I know that Rohan has his BOG games like against Melbourne a few weeks ago or the QF last, and then quiet games where you can forget he's playing, and he's often seen as leading the way

But I feel like Stewart would be up there with the gap between his best and his worse games, and that in his worse games he almost becomes a liability - seems that the less which comes off the more pressure he's then putting on himself to make up that for error which just seems to lead to more errors. I know Bowes will cop the blame for the mix-up in the goal square leading to Fremantle goal, but it started with a Stewart turnover, with his second or third kick straight to a Fremantle player

When you get "Good Stewart", there's few players better in the league, but when you get games like today you just tear your hair out

Our season ended with Blitz's hammy.

Pretty much. Even if we sneak into finals structurally we cant replace him. Either we go with ceglar and stanley (which means stanley plays fwd which i dont like) or sav comes back in and henry or sdk become the 2nd ruck. Either way our midfield is weakened we have no like for like structure replacement.

Plus the hawkins issue with cameron proppy also.

Miers is probably the only guy that without a doubt has stepped up his game from last season.

You just can't seriously challenge when that is the case.

Seems everyone bar Miles was on the beers 🍺🍺 all preseason .
Z bang Guthrie prob was on shandies 🍹.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Freo by 7 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back