All Australian
Jul 4, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
australian cricket team
Pre Season Training...

Starts tomorrow anyone going to go have a look? the young boys have been training at st marys but recently went to the cricket ground which is where i assume the training will be tomorrow, probably at about 11. does anyone know the exact details?

hope they all come back in great nick

Re: Pre Season Training...

Does anyone know a bit about training times in the next few weeks?

I'm going to be in Geelong next Friday, on my way to the Queenscliff Music Festival, and am dropping in to Skilled to pay my membership. Anyone know if the guys will be around training then?

Does anyone know a bit about training times in the next few weeks?

I'm going to be in Geelong next Friday, on my way to the Queenscliff Music Festival, and am dropping in to Skilled to pay my membership. Anyone know if the guys will be around training then?

have the membership packages come out already?

If i lived near the place id love to go down and see how they all pulled up after the break.

Aaah..the smell of hope in the air...
Anyone who doesn't believe that GFC will be a serious threat for a Premiership next year is delusional.
Mature but mid age list.
Proven game plan...No 1 in points for and No 1 in points against 2 years running.
Vast scope for improvement by 2nd tier players.
Proven ability to respond to a perceived crisis.
Most importantly...a point to prove from the disappointment of this year.
No guarantees of course, but put the mechanisms in place and learn from mistakes.
My biggest fear is that we over correct....subtle tinkering and get more game time into the developing forwards please.
Gamble, Hawkins, Varcoe/Djerkurra...maybe Simpson?
Oh...and let's not obsess about Tassie, much as they want us to.
We should respect ALL our opponents equally, but not fear
them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh...and let's not obsess about Tassie, much
Gamble, Hawkins, Varcoe/Djerkurra...maybe Simpson?
as they want us to.
We should respect ALL our opponents equally, but not fear
them

That's right. When they beat us in the previous Grand Final encounter in 1989 on the return bout in 1990 they beat us by about 100 points.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

That's right. When they beat us in the previous Grand Final encounter in 1989 on the return bout in 1990 they beat us by about 100 points.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

They were a completely different team, as were we.

Darren Milburn, our oldest player was what....13 when that happened?
Zero relevance to this group. Just a historical quirk.
Hawthorn would love this crap about "owning" us to take root...but it's simply not true. Maybe their group is talented and matches up particularly well and maybe they believe they can beat us because of something that happened 20 years ago, but it doesn't make it true! Time will tell and I'll bet you Geelong would be happy to play Hawthorn in next years GF if we are fortunate enough to make it.

They all look far too happy. I wanted to see furrowed brows and grim determination, not smiles!

Massive respect for the Boris Beard, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats return to training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back