Review Cats take THE RIVALRY from the Hawks again with 51 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

There were 39352 in round one. Maybe people just aren’t showing up or putting their tickets up for sale

That match definitely felt fuller than any home match since

I know there's members with reserved seats who sit near me as I've seen them at some games but not others - so not sure if they put their tickets up for re-sale or just not shows

And I think member no show is the biggest issue

Well it surely doesn’t help that the supporters club seating is always ****ing empty behind the goal.

Also that club Chin Chin section in the Selwood stand is also always ****ing empty.

According to Hocking, Club Chin Chin was expected to be at capacity for the match - wonder if not everyone moves to their outside seating during the match & they instead opt to stay inside?

Knew we'd poleaxe those pretenders.
Glad you all agree Shaun is a stayer, need to listen to Pure_Ownage who always backed him with me.
We're rapt.

I’ve been banging the table of playing Mannagh for WEEKS too.

He was tearing it up at VFL level, we needed guys who could come in and pressure the opposition players.
It was a staple of our 2022 side like the Richmond dynasty before them, pressure pressure PRESSURE the ball carrier and force them into turnovers.

SDK getting the spark back by playing in the ruck.

Ahhhh if only Robert Walls was still commentating. He'd be so happy
He'd always say never put your Rolls Royces in the ruck, but we've seen even Cripps be in the ruck this season. Maybe the rule changes since the 90's bash and crash, PCL's were a bit of a thing for ruckmen back then, not so much now.

I’ve been banging the table of playing Mannagh for WEEKS too.

He was tearing it up at VFL level, we needed guys who could come in and pressure the opposition players.
It was a staple of our 2022 side like the Richmond dynasty before them, pressure pressure PRESSURE the ball carrier and force them into turnovers.

Yeah you were.
I was probably over excited, have a personal interest/ Loose lips sink ships so there's been reading between the lines. .
There were a few who couldn't see it, (VFL transition doubt) and probably do now, since we all want the best.
Well mostly, you always get a snarly one that can't bear to be wrong.

Yeah you were.
I was probably over excited, have a personal interest/ Loose lips sink ships so there's been reading between the lines. .
There were a few who couldn't see it, (VFL transition doubt) and probably do now, since we all want the best.
Well mostly, you always get a snarly one that can't bear to be wrong.

No no mate you’re absolutely correct to point it out.
Too many here think they are the all seeing paragons of virtue that KNOW what is “best for the side”

But when you point out things like rewarding form, prioritising effort and not just going on a player’s name basis you see some here will stick their noses up at it and refuse to acknowledge it.

I’ve been saying for a while that Mullin needs to LEARN playing at VFL level before being rewarded a spot in the senior side and that irked a few here. Because apparently a guy who picked up a footy once like 3 years ago apparently needs to be playing at AFL level to get the best out of him….to me I don’t get that. That says to everyone who is busting their ass at VFL level that you can jump the queue….sorry don’t mean to go on a rant I just don’t like seeing guys not earn their spots and just get handed them.

Before anyone busts my ass about it, Oisin’s gonna be a jet IN TIME and like you said we all want what’s best but sometimes I think people fall in love with the idea of a player rather than what the player is actually producing. It’s the same problem with people overrating drafted kids coming in and expecting them to play like 200 game veterans.

But anyway, surprise surprise we play guys who have earned their spots like Humphries and Mannagh from their VFL form and what do you know? They play with passion and intensity we’ve been lacking.

Last edited:
No no mate you’re absolutely correct to point it out.
Too many here think they are the all seeing paragons of virtue that KNOW what is “best for the side”

But when you point out things like rewarding form, prioritising effort and not just going on a player’s name basis you see some here will stick their noses up at it and refuse to acknowledge it.

I’ve been saying for a while that Mullin needs to LEARN playing at VFL level before being rewarded a spot in the senior side and that irked a few here. Because apparently a guy who picked up a footy once like 3 years ago apparently needs to be playing at AFL level to get the best out of him….to me I don’t get that. That says to everyone who is busting their ass at VFL level that you can jump the queue….sorry don’t mean to go on a rant I just don’t like seeing guys not earn their spots and just get handed them.

Before anyone busts my ass about it, Oisin’s gonna be a jet IN TIME and like you said we all want what’s best but sometimes I think people fall in love with the idea of a player rather than what the player is actually producing. It’s the same problem with people overrating drafted kids coming in and expecting them to play like 200 game veterans.

But anyway, surprise surprise we play guys who have earned their spots like Humphries and Mannagh from their VFL form and what do you know? They play with passion and intensity we’ve been lacking.

Too true. There's a lot that goes on inside a Club that we just can't know. And those that might know a bit don't want to be blown out of the water.
I get your drift, I'm just happy we've got some likely types playing VFL, when you consider us cruelled by injury last year.
If Mullin opts out back to Ireland, we'll recover, the Club is bigger than the person.

There's nothing wrong with serving an apprenticeship of development. It just all comes back to patience, and paying those in reserve well to give them confidence enough to enjoy their game, and their wait. Nothing we say can alter that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to say i told you so about mannagh but i did tell you all so.
He has to stay in.
Lets hope the coaches have finally seen the light and we dont lose him.

His speed and pressure linking the mids and fwds plus stewart in MF adding extra size in there might change us enough to compete against top 8 teams.

Sdk was very good but im still concerned about henry in particular holding down the no1 kpd post. This will be an ongoing issue.
yep. you were the only one asking for him to go in from the entire BF members. Good job

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Shannon Neale had Tequilla and Jezza had Party in the USA from what I remember.
I’m sure others could remember more

Bloody awful..... From the album Go Champs go. Does it mean something to them?
Because it's a meaningless cacophony to supporters.
Of all the inspiring upbeat songs you could pick, we have to be drowned in that shite.

Too true. There's a lot that goes on inside a Club that we just can't know. And those that might know a bit don't want to be blown out of the water.
I get your drift, I'm just happy we've got some likely types playing VFL, when you consider us cruelled by injury last year.
If Mullin opts out back to Ireland, we'll recover, the Club is bigger than the person.

There's nothing wrong with serving an apprenticeship of development. It just all comes back to patience, and paying those in reserve well to give them confidence enough to enjoy their game, and their wait. Nothing we say can alter that.

Well said 👏🏼

I think he took the first step forward today in thinking the forward line is his and not Hawkins who he is temp replacing.

He made good leads, crashed packs, got involved in chains, and ground level was good just needed a bit better kicking for goal and he could have had a very good night.

Once he gets some more confidence that he belongs and gets to around 50 games we will see if he will truly make it or not , i am a firm believer that he will but i have been wrong before and will be wrong again.
you are going to be right this time re Neale

Neale was solid, he's made a big difference to the forward line, especially defensively. It's something we haven't had with our big forwards this year.
We gotta back in Neale, as many have said to 40/50 games.
I don't recall having a leaping contested marking forward since Pods. Who am i forgetting?. Neale had a pack mark last week and this week.
Hawkins has been a beast, but when he did his back, he could not fly at a pack.

I hate to say i told you so about mannagh but i did tell you all so.
He has to stay in.
Lets hope the coaches have finally seen the light and we dont lose him.

His speed and pressure linking the mids and fwds plus stewart in MF adding extra size in there might change us enough to compete against top 8 teams.

Sdk was very good but im still concerned about henry in particular holding down the no1 kpd post. This will be an ongoing issue.
And if you like what he does, Clohesy in the VFL brings the same attributes .. just as hard and fast and defensive

GO Catters

Last edited:
What the actual ****.

Isn’t Cameron meant to be finished?

Our midfield was meant to dominate yours. You telling me I’ve gotta watch Stewart tear us a new one in defense, and now I’ve gotta watch him tear our midfield a new one? He was pick 40 ffs.

I thought you were meant to have the shit De Koning brother.

Wasn’t Bowes going to languish in the VFL?

Who the **** are Close and Neale and why are they making me swear in front of my young children?

Totally outplayed, the pressure and ball movement were elite. We were lucky you didn’t kick straight.

**** I hate Geelong, well played, we will meet again. Respect and enjoy.

You will put the Pies to the sword next week.
Lay down misere for oppo POTY on this board. Well done and yes, always respect with Cats and Hawks as much as it sucks we all know its there.

GO Catters

You know what I love, I love that I can’t tell if Humphries is a left or right footer, think it’s left😂
Its even better that the oppo have NFI either and cant pick a side to corral him on when in possession lol

GO Catters

O Henry is a real worry for me at the moment, needs some VFL time to get some form as he has been offering nothing the past couple months, id be happy to have Clohesy as the sub.
Not sure OH has given nothing.. but agree the Ted needs to be unleashed.

GO Catters

We gotta back in Neale, as many have said to 40/50 games.
I don't recall having a leaping contested marking forward since Pods. Who am i forgetting?. Neale had a pack mark last week and this week.
Hawkins has been a beast, but when he did his back, he could not fly at a pack.

Henry, but Henrys issue lately is he goes to ground and isn't holding his marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back