Review Cats take THE RIVALRY from the Hawks again with 51 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm finding Clark hard to read. He's like a mix of Atkins & Parfitt, but once or twice a game he pulls some super classy shit that those others cant do.

Give Clark another season. He’ll be a player. Not everyone is Judd or Selwood.

All you're showing is that ALL of us get some things right and some things wrong.
This is the same P_O that has called for Duncan to be dropped, and this week wanted SDK back for Chol/Lewis with Stanley in.

I called for sdk back not because he cant ruck but because i said our key defence wasnt good enough without him. And i stand by the opinipn that the rest of the year will show it.

And i didnt call to drop duncan. I said that we cant win finals if we play both duncan or tuohy because they cant defend fast transition. I said you have to pick one or the other and i stand by that.

If im wrong by the end of the year you are more than welcome to remind me of such.

Official crowd 33,180. Whatever the reason for that figure well below capacity in a supposedly sold-out game, something has to be done. Don't tell me 7000 reserved seat holders didn't turn up. The club, Ticketmaster, whoever, just fix it.
Well it surely doesn’t help that the supporters club seating is always ****ing empty behind the goal.

Also that club Chin Chin section in the Selwood stand is also always ****ing empty.

Fix what exactly?

There was a number of tickets still for sale this afternoon - likely members who had tickets, couldn't attend and put them up for re-sale but they didn't sell

Something else to remember with stadium capacity counts is that as well as the physical seats & standing room, is that they also include the capacity of the multitude of function spaces

Now, when it comes to match days, those function spaces also have reserved seating for those in attendance and what was the count of two becomes just one individual

May need to have a level of skepticism with the official capacity versus the physical in attendance capacity, while remembering that not every ticket holder will turn up every week
There were 39352 in round one. Maybe people just aren’t showing up or putting their tickets up for sale

Ive been massively anti neale. But he showed a bit tonight. Has a bit of pace for a player his size and certainly has physique. But needs to throw himself at the contest more.
He's definitely starting to do that. Just need to build the confidence over a run of games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he took the first step forward today in thinking the forward line is his and not Hawkins who he is temp replacing.

He made good leads, crashed packs, got involved in chains, and ground level was good just needed a bit better kicking for goal and he could have had a very good night.

Once he gets some more confidence that he belongs and gets to around 50 games we will see if he will truly make it or not , i am a firm believer that he will but i have been wrong before and will be wrong again.
Also marked a few that were at their highest point

I mean there is if they are adamant he will play then he will.
The question will be which of rohan or neale gets left out (one of them will in that scenario).
I do agree mannagh must be in but he can he in the midfield group.
O. Henry only replaces one of the others if the mc make a big mistake. Rohan takes third tall role now and henry cant play a key tall role and replace cameron or neale/hawkins. He is too tiny and skinny and will just get pushed aside by the key defenders. O. Hemry literally has the same physique as dempsey.

O.henry has talent. Possibly serious talent. But not in the position he plays in. He needs to go learn a new role and that will take a pre season at least. Attacking defender, winger, small half foward flanker. Something.

O. Henry only replaces one of the others if the mc make a big mistake. Rohan takes third tall role now and henry cant play a key tall role and replace cameron or neale/hawkins. He is too tiny and skinny and will just get pushed aside by the key defenders. O. Hemry literally has the same physique as dempsey.

O.henry has talent. Possibly serious talent. But not in the position he plays in. He needs to go learn a new role and that will take a pre season at least. Attacking defender, winger, small half foward flanker. Something.
I could see the match committee starting Rohan sub just as a management. Start him on the field for games where we need extra forward defensive pressure.

I agree Rohan is our best 3rd tall, but we also need game time into Henry because he has the capacity to turn into a very good player for us next year.

Humphries was a bit sloppy with his disposals and his decision making was on the slow side. Good game last week not so good this week. He'll get better.
Wow, you really do only see the glass half full empty hey. That is a weird take on an excellent second up game.

I think the big question next week or 2 is who does C. Guthrie replace?
O. Henry is best 22. Mind you, against Collingwood I think Mannagh is a lock for his pressure. We’ll need it. Then again, O. Henry against his old club?
VERY important MC get it right this week. Magpies off 2 losses…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humphries was a bit sloppy with his disposals and his decision making was on the slow side. Good game last week not so good this week. He'll get better.
He had the 5th highest DE% for us while having more kicks than anyone else in our top 8 for DE%

I thought his decision making was good and I don't think he got caught out much

I think the big question next week or 2 is who does C. Guthrie replace?
O. Henry is best 22. Mind you, against Collingwood I think Mannagh is a lock for his pressure. We’ll need it. Then again, O. Henry against his old club?
VERY important MC get it right this week. Magpies off 2 losses…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guthrie will likely be replacing whoever is hogging the alt-g treadmill. Doubt he's back soon

Very satisfying win against an in form team that thought they were up for the challenge. To smash them shows we are making progress.

The most satisfying aspect for me is that we have found some players. Dempsey, Mannagh, Neale and Humphries will be an important part of our next flag tilt.

Of the older brigade, Stewart and Danger are looking formidable as midfield teammates. Add Atkins or Holmes or Bowes to that duo and we will win our fair share of clearances.

Kudos to Scott who is coaching at the top of his game. To enable Tuohy or Duncan to be the spare in our back half and have Stewart moving back to provide aerial support to our defenders is excellent coaching.

Review Cats take THE RIVALRY from the Hawks again with 51 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back