Review Cats take THE RIVALRY from the Hawks again with 51 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Dempsey developed well in the VFL. Clark should do the same. Is an absolute liability currently
How reflective is this of selection bias towards a high pick or how reflective is it of midfield depth do you think?

I tend to think a fit Cam Guthrie would have meant maybe 2 games for Clark to this point in the season

We gotta back in Neale, as many have said to 40/50 games.
I don't recall having a leaping contested marking forward since Pods. Who am i forgetting?. Neale had a pack mark last week and this week.
Hawkins has been a beast, but when he did his back, he could not fly at a pack.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Yes they have to play him as much as possible until the end of the season

Really enjoying seeing the changes to the structure and whilst I don't think it will be the end game it's working for now
Dekoning seems rejuvenated now and perhaps could share Ruck with Conway or do a horses for courses type selection
Stewart with stints in the middle adds more quality in the middle and helps shake the defensive tag, I also like he then becomes one of the best defensive mids when he drops back
Neale flying for marks and clunking some is great as well as spilling the ball to ground for our smalls, hope he keeps building in confidence
Still some work to go I reckon to compete with the big boys in finals but there's a lot more promise than a couple of weeks ago now we've made some changes

It was a great win but one problem - whoever was PLAYING (choosing) the songs played after the Geelong goals needs to be fired into the sun.
Agreed. It's pretty random and there surely must be so many better options out there. Have you got some suggestions for what they could use instead?

Personally I LOVE the Indigenous round sound that gets used (the yidaki/didgeridoo) after a goal and would welcome that.

I have watched some of the vfl, but not as close as some. So I have a question: has mannagh’s defensive game always been this good at vfl level or has it developed?

Pure_Ownage could this be the reason he was made to stay in the magoos so long? Ie. you won’t get a game until you become a 2-way player?

I have watched some of the vfl, but not as close as some. So I have a question: has mannagh’s defensive game always been this good at vfl level or has it developed?

Pure_Ownage could this be the reason he was made to stay in the magoos so long? Ie. you won’t get a game until you become a 2-way player?
Best I've seen from him by a mile. But a different role also.

To my eye it wasn't, he was an overly offensively minded player. He was playing really deep forward for most of this year, last few weeks he started player more as a high half forward which was closer to what he did last year. Last week he was good at that secondary pressure where there was a scramble. And what he showed last night was a few levels higher than anyone could have seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't help myself. This is genuine comedy gold

"Who was playing on Count Dracula (Brad close) tonight and why didn’t someone send some garlic out at HT for that slimy weasel."

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
I hadn’t realized that Brad Close was a genuine hate figure until I read that thread.

The changes are good i just hope its not too late for us to make top 4. i feel like we would have won 2 or 3 more games if we made the changes a while ago.
We couldn’t have made any changes before as the legendary Tom Hawkins was the mainstay forward of the team and could not be dropped - no matter his form.

O.henry has talent. Possibly serious talent. But not in the position he plays in.
The position where he kicked 21 goals in the first 11 games this year adding to the 41 last year? Yeah I’m sure they really fear his lack of talent putting him back there. 🤣

Thank goodness the pros are making the decisions here.

I hadn’t realized that Brad Close was a genuine hate figure until I read that thread.
Its rather strange isnt it, Brad is such a quiet go about your job kind of bloke, doesnt scream prick in any which way……i guess he did kick 4 on them and is a Premiership player….yep what a prick 😉

Bloody awful..... From the album Go Champs go. Does it mean something to them?
Because it's a meaningless cacophony to supporters.
Of all the inspiring upbeat songs you could pick, we have to be drowned in that shite.

I wouldn't be surprised if the songs were selected by the players or maybe their teammates as a stitch up

I thought that the intro song from when the team is getting ready to make their approach from the tunnel before running through the banner was used at times also

But if you want "interesting" goal song choices, have a look at the ones chosen by the Lions players:
  • Daniher, Let It Go
  • McCarthy, American Pie
  • Charlie Cameron, Take Me Home, Country Road
  • Answerth, 3AM
  • McInerney, Not Pretty Enough

Full list here https://www.lions.com.au/news/1492758/just-dropped

I don't really pay much attention to the songs being played after a goal, unless it's from one of the Irish lads, but if it's a bit of interaction with the players then go for it

Soooo does Henry cop the sub gig twice in a row next week or does he come in for Neale/Rohan?

Rohan has the third tall job ahead of Ollie Henry for mine... but I doubt we'd play him sub twice in a row and Neale went ok.

Also do not see any reason to mess with the smalls... Mannagh, Miers, Close and Stengle can all play together.
Can Henry play vfl today? Is that even possible.?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back