Unofficial Preview Changes and In the Mix V Collingwood Rd 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were saying it only a couple of days ago because GWS left out Cameron, Simpson etc.
Agree on the last 2 things. Taylor will be straight in and doubt Menegola will ever be dropped.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/sear...st&o=date&c[user][0]=137356&c[thread]=1192530

Hope that link works. Proves the assertion I wanted Guthrie for GWS is not true at all.
Don’t know what you’ve got against Menegola but your wish is as likely to come true now as it was the last time you mentioned it.

I don’t really mind. But I like how the back six is working and don’t think we have another small defender option. Cunico is more a mid that Ablett will replace.

That’s fair. I was thinking Zuthrie out, Thurlow moves a bit further back, Ablett takes the wing time Thurlow had.

For those bringing Menz straight back in. There was talk during the week that he was hobbling quite badly and had to have an injection to the hip/groin. I know it is a 9 day break but he'd need to prove a lot to
play. We cannot bring in Taylor, Ablett and Menzel together. That's 3 players returning from injury and is incredibly risky.

Out: Zuthrie, Crameri
In: Yablett, Menz

Stanley will stay. Last night was his best game this year and therefore can’t see Smith will come in. To be honest both stanley and Smith are c graded ruckman so regardless who plays against Grundy will get killed. We just have to rely on our mid to do the job. Crameri was ok but if Menz is fit he’s an automatic selection. Can’t see anyone is out unless we want to rest Danger or Selwood.

They won't risk resting Danger or Selwood against our bogey side and I don't think it's needed with the 9 day break, but I agree with those changes. If anyone is going to get rested I think it'll be Fogarty, he's played every game this season in his rookie year, he's bound to be pretty sore.

I don't think you can play both Menzel and Cranberry in the same side, but it's nice to have depth players.

Just because things will never happen doesn't mean there's no value in a discussion about them.
Just last night we kept GWS to their second lowest score ever (& they used to be really really crap)
No validity at all in Taylor not coming back?
Of course he will but I wouldn't dismiss it as nonsensical 12 hours after GWS kicked 4 goals.
You've been going on all week how we needed Zuthrie instead of House cause we're to tall.
Menegola is a selfish player and hungrier than KB but with less talent.
Is still best 22 but it'd be nice to have a team player in.

Taylor will be back eventually but no point rushing him in and punting out Henry.

Agree with Menegola, would prefer GHS but I think GHS will need to play VFL and put up BOG performances before getting another go (dont think the MC would be brave enough to drop Menegola yet).

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/search/136716756/?q=Zuthrie&t=post&o=date&c[user][0]=137356&c[thread]=1192530

Hope that link works. Proves the assertion I wanted Guthrie for GWS is not true at all.
Don’t know what you’ve got against Menegola but your wish is as likely to come true now as it was the last time you mentioned it.
Yeah worked. You didn't want Zuth this week sorry.
You also said we didn't need another tall defender and House should sit in the reserves.
Yet you think it's nonsensical to even argue there's a point of Taylor not coming back.
I don't get it. Which tall do you think should be dropped for him? Stewart, Henry, Kolo?
Move Blitz into the MF? (F*k I hope we don't do that)

Realistically Ablett must come in for either Gregson or Fogarty.
Last night Gregson did a couple of nice things got some easy ball out wide a few times, but not nearly enough as usual.
He looks very slow when chased, seems to always loose ground to opposition players either with the ball or without it. l think that's why he gets beaten in the one on one's so often, he lacks real pace and is easily pushed off the ball.
Overall stats were the usual, a disappointing 11 in total. He kicked a goal but then so did Parsons, in fact Parsons kicked 2 the week before.
So for me Gregson who averages 10 possessions has to come out for Ablett next week, or Fogarty who is looking like he could do with a rest.
Zuthrie "the deer in headlights" has to come out of the back 6, without the help of team mates was in real trouble so often, not up to it atm.
Can't believe the mention of Menegola being dropped and us being to tall in defence.
Defense gets the wobbles when Blitz is not there and apart from him the rest are around 190cm or under, give me a break, can't believe people don't see that!

Yeah worked. You didn't want Zuth this week sorry.
You also said we didn't need another tall defender and House should sit in the reserves.
Yet you think it's nonsensical to even argue there's a point of Taylor not coming back.
I don't get it. Which tall do you think should be dropped for him? Stewart, Henry, Kolo?
Move Blitz into the MF? (F*k I hope we don't do that)
There’s a slight difference in ability. House is no better than anyone in that defence.
Taylor is streets ahead the best defender at the club.

Bews Taylor Kolo
Tuohy Blicavs Stewart.
I/C: Henry

Stewart goes onto a smaller player to release Tuohy to be more attacking. Stewart, Tuohy, Bews and possibly even Cunico/Thurlow to play on smaller forwards and flankers.

There will be weeks where the oppo has a big bodied mid (Cripps, Fyfe etc) and that’s a good opponent for Blicavs to tag. His successful tag jobs have been on the bigger guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a slight difference in ability. House is no better than anyone in that defence.

Bews Taylor Kolo
Tuohy Blicavs Stewart.

Stewart goes onto a smaller player to release Tuohy to be more attacking. Stewart, Tuohy, Bews and possibly even Cunico/Thurlow to play on smaller forwards and flankers.

There will be weeks where the oppo has a big bodied mid (Cripps, Fyfe etc) and that’s a good opponent for Blicavs to tag. His successful tag jobs have been on the bigger guys.
Yeah fair enough that works well.
Disagree with the first part though. I think he's cooked TBH but time will tell, and don't see him as streets ahead.

Last night Gregson did a couple of nice things got some easy ball out wide a few times, but not nearly enough as usual.
He looks very slow when chased, seems to always loose ground to opposition players either with the ball or without it. l think that's why he gets beaten in the one on one's so often, he lacks real pace and is easily pushed off the ball.
Overall stats were the usual, a disappointing 11 in total. He kicked a goal but then so did Parsons, in fact Parsons kicked 2 the week before.
So for me Gregson who averages 10 possessions has to come out for Ablett next week, or Fogarty who is looking like he could do with a rest.
Zuthrie "the deer in headlights" has to come out of the back 6, without the help of team mates was in real trouble so often, not up to it atm.
Can't believe the mention of Menegola being dropped and us being to tall in defence.
Defense gets the wobbles when Blitz is not there and apart from him the rest are around 190cm or under, give me a break, can't believe people don't see that!
Oh no don' bring up the Gregson is not quick comment. You will be hounded on here for days. I would delete that comment.

Yeah it’s an interesting one. Fogarty 13 touches @ 54% efficiency, but 8 tackles impressive. Gregson 11 touches @ 91% efficiency with 1 goal, only the 2 tackles though.

Assuming Parfitt is returning soon one of Gregson, Fogarty, Murdoch, Cunico will have to make way for him. Menzel comes in for Crameri when fit. Based on last night Murdoch & Cunico keep their spots.

Not sure which one of Gregson/Fogarty I’d drop though.

Bews Taylor Kolo
Tuohy Blicavs Stewart.

no thanks

If Taylor comes in Henry has to go out. Henry isnt that tall but he kicks like one.

Don't need Blicavs to tag he is a tall defender and that is it. Scooter, GHS and Menegola should all be able to tag. Don't want Blicavs poor disposal and decision making in the midfield.

Yeah it’s an interesting one. Fogarty 13 touches @ 54% efficiency, but 8 tackles impressive. Gregson 11 touches @ 91% efficiency with 1 goal, only the 2 tackles though.

Assuming Parfitt is returning soon one of Gregson, Fogarty, Murdoch, Cunico will have to make way for him. Menzel comes in for Crameri when fit. Based on last night Murdoch & Cunico keep their spots.

Not sure which one of Gregson/Fogarty I’d drop though.

Gregson....l like Fogarty's aggression and he's faster.

Re Menegola

stats without analysis are a waste of time

highest pressure game we played was against Sydney
Menegola 22 pos @45% DE

follows the trend of Menegola not playing well in big games

disposal very questionable under intense pressure

Quality ratings there. He's only now 23 positions behind McEvoy who is the 19th best player in the whole league.
Didn't realise he's so far ahead of Breust, but hey he must be.
Might want to try again.

stats without analysis are a waste of time

highest pressure game we played was against Sydney
Menegola 22 pos @45% DE

follows the trend of Menegola not playing well in big games

disposal very questionable under intense pressure
These aren’t stats; they are ratings. They don’t require any context or analysis; they are objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back