Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Geelong in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

The conditions in the VFL made it hard to get a true read on performance.

I think having both Fisher and McKercher in the backline compromises our ability to defend. I’d like to see what it would look like with more balanced player like Bergman to come in and take Fishers role, with Fisher dropping back to be the sub. Appreciate Miller has been hardly banging the door down but would be worth a look.

Powell has had a tough stretch but I’m not sure the answer is dropping him. With Teakle, Larkey and Comben to be played forward, I’d like to see what Zurhaar could do with more time up around the ball and out of centre clearance, particularly in the first half.

Unsure on changes until I watch the replay.

Out: RHJ, Fisher, Teakle

In: W Dawson, Hardeman, Duursma

I'd like to see McKercher taking the second & fourth possession in the chain further up the field rather than the first and third which he is getting a lot of now from kick-ins.

Would like to see how Duursma goes as the 4th marking target behind Chom, Larkey & Zurhaar.

Give W Dawson a crack up forward.

Out: Shiels, Powell
In: Phillips, Stephenson

I can't believe Jaidyn is knocking down the door for a return, but he was an emergency for the AFL this week and racked up 30 disposals in the VFL. I suspect we'll see him get rewarded.

Powell needs a spell. He played most of the game today (76% TOG) for a grand total of 11 disposals (2 of which were clangers), and only 2 clearances.

(Can I please not be called a Powell hater for making that call, by the way?)
Firstly I think you’ll find Powell tagged Saad last night.

Secondly Jayden isn’t knocking the door down. His possessions were not damaging in any way and all on the outside. He will find it a lot tougher back in the AFL environment and to be honest he isn’t at that level.

Season 10 Fun GIF by The Simpsons

This thread Monday to Thursday this time of the Season

Mate, I could be blind and deaf and still make better calls than yourself.
Your inability to have a balanced thought process and the lack of any critical thinking means half the time what you do post is garbage.

Costly mistakes creeping in. Colours lowered today.
Doesn’t play well away from Marvel and has always struggled in the Tassie conditions.
I agree, Tucker seems to get away with murder here. A number of costly mistakes last night and didn’t offer anything offensively, at the moment he is the weak link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gtfo of there!
Don’t go anywhere else.
Back the team to get better and the crowds will come!
lol.

If this was in Melbourne the crowd would be in excess of the capacity of Bellrieve.

This weekend. Not at some unmeasurable point in the future. Saturday.

Secondly Jayden isn’t knocking the door down. His possessions were not damaging in any way and all on the outside. He will find it a lot tougher back in the AFL environment and to be honest he isn’t at that level.
Sleevo turned it over quite a bit too.

Jaidyn was named emergency this week in the AFL, and then backed it up with a 30 touch game in the VFL.

People are in denial if they think he isn't a chance for a return to the AFL squad.

Commentary at one point said Powell was doing a great job minimising Walsh’s influence. I was at the game and haven’t watched a reply so can’t say either way but I’m not interested in hearing possession stats as a reason for dropping him.

A few errors but that was a very good team effort, I’d be surprised to see unforced changes.

As an aside the radio commentators also made a point of saying that Shiels was coaching on the bench before he came on. And then he had an influence when he came on. I’m fine to keep him in if the coaches and players are getting value all round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Geelong in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back