Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Geelong in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Structurally or otherwise, there’s nothing stopping this team aside from fitness and momentary lapses of belief. The hunger and the system is clearly there, just executing for longer.

I don’t mind seeing guys like Archer going for risky intercepts and dropping them, in a seasons time he’s marking most. They should really give this one a nudge.

Jaidyn was named emergency this week in the AFL, and then backed it up with a 30 touch game in the VFL.

People are in denial if they think he isn't a chance for a return to the AFL squad.
That’s just the role that is half back in modern footy. 30 touches means very little in that position. If he came in I’d be flabbergasted, I’d be more inclined to see us drop Fisher for another on ball rotation.

The last time I did the AFL Ladder Predictor, I had North causing an upset 17pt win in this game.

Shiels isn't a part of our future, so I'd like to see him dropped and Phillips come in for the final five games to see if he is worth retaining.

Hansen Jr didn't impress me at all, maybe Harvey or Duursma can come for him.

The last time I did the AFL Ladder Predictor, I had North causing an upset 17pt win in this game.

Shiels isn't a part of our future, so I'd like to see him dropped and Phillips come in for the final five games to see if he is worth retaining.

Give RHJ at least a couple of games to impress. Sheees.

Give RHJ at least a couple of games to impress. Sheees.
That's where the maybe comes into it, I'm not fussed either way, but I'd also like to see Harvey given a couple of games to see if he is worth keeping. And I'd like to see if Duursma learnt anything in the VFL.

This is a bit weird.

RHJ has had one game in the seniors after a solid month in the VFL. He didn't impress you, you've seen enough, he should be dropped. Robbie is a shy kid who will take time to feel comfortable at the level. He may not make it, but dumping him after one game makes no sense.

Compare this to Phillips, who has just had two poor games in the VFL. You think he should be promoted, without earning it, for the next five games so we can have another look at him, despite him already having played 39 games.

We don't need to rush Duursma, he isn't ready yet and needs more time in the VFL. Harvey is a different matter. If we start giving him games, it may mean we are looking to make a decision on whether or not we keep him on next year.

Time to move past Shiels
Would love to (& think we will) keep him on in a mentoring/assistant coaching role next year.

He’s been great to have at the club through such turbulent times & we should be thankful he ended his career as a Shinboner, when we were at our lowest.

Would love to (& think we will) keep him on in a mentoring/assistant coaching role next year.

He’s been great to have at the club through such turbulent times & we should be thankful he ended his career as a Shinboner, when we were at our lowest.

He wants to go into recruiting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a bit weird.

RHJ has had one game in the seniors after a solid month in the VFL. He didn't impress you, you've seen enough, he should be dropped. Robbie is a shy kid who will take time to feel comfortable at the level. He may not make it, but dumping him after one game makes no sense.

Compare this to Phillips, who has just had two poor games in the VFL. You think he should be promoted, without earning it, for the next five games so we can have another look at him, despite him already having played 39 games.

We don't need to rush Duursma, he isn't ready yet and needs more time in the VFL. Harvey is a different matter. If we start giving him games, it may mean we are looking to make a decision on whether or not we keep him on next year.
Please, these posts that make sense have no place here.

I can barely contain my rage when I watch Jezzas over celebrations during neutral matches so imagine what it must be like for me when we play them

lava GIF

AFL R20 in the mix: Several Roos back in frame​

Jaidyn Stephenson has put himself in contention for an AFL return

1721784565666.jpeg

Will cats throw TDK's younger, less experienced brother up against Xerri, or bring in the colossus that is Rhys Stanley to do the job ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Geelong in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back