Unofficial Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast - Rd17 Saturday 6 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we afford to win this one given our percentage is now higher than Richmond's ... ?
If your objective is pick 1
Then it’s a yes but only if we lose to Richmond later in the year

I think we win this, after this game we play the top 2 on the ladder, get some nourishment now

Finnbar to come in and kick a bag under the roof on whoever the suns third tall defender is

Out: Pink, Shiels

In: Maley, McKercher

Need to find some more aerial presence in the forward line so I think this week would be a good chance for Maley to show his wares. Shiels hasn't been crash hot so he is probably due a rest. Desperately want McKercher through the midfield. It'd be nice if we rotated more heavily through there especially with Rowell/Miller and co being such strong runners.

Anderson is their cream, so hopefully Phillips gets the job on him. He isn't an overly explosive midfielder, so hopefully Phillips can quell his influence.

Logue is still another week or two away, while Harvey, Lazz and Greenwood continue to put pressure on the best 23.

B: Dawson, Comben, Archer
HB: Fisher, Corr, McDonald
C: Scott, Phillips, Tucker
HF: Ford, Teakle, Taylor
F: Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Sheezel
Int: Simpkin, Powell, McKercher, Maley.
Sub: Stephens or Lazzaro

Plenty of run off the bench!

The 12 days is complete bollocks.
I’m not sure past players that have had their lives after footy impacted by concussion would agree with you?

It’s a game that most professionals play until their mid 30’s at the most. There’s a lot of living after your footy career.

Can we afford to win this one given our percentage is now higher than Richmond's ... ?

The boys deserve some wins. Richmond may be bad but you never know whether they'll snag a couple more as well, were going alright against the Blues up until the floodgates opened.

Out: Pink, Shiels

In: Maley, McKercher

Need to find some more aerial presence in the forward line so I think this week would be a good chance for Maley to show his wares. Shiels hasn't been crash hot so he is probably due a rest. Desperately want McKercher through the midfield. It'd be nice if we rotated more heavily through there especially with Rowell/Miller and co being such strong runners.

Anderson is their cream, so hopefully Phillips gets the job on him. He isn't an overly explosive midfielder, so hopefully Phillips can quell his influence.

Logue is still another week or two away, while Harvey, Lazz and Greenwood continue to put pressure on the best 23.

B: Dawson, Comben, Archer
HB: Fisher, Corr, McDonald
C: Scott, Phillips, Tucker
HF: Ford, Teakle, Taylor
F: Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Sheezel
Int: Simpkin, Powell, McKercher, Maley.
Sub: Stephens or Lazzaro

Plenty of run off the bench!
At a guess people here who are asking for Pink to get dropped are the ones that don’t attend games & don’t 100% see Pinks work ethic & stuff he does off the ball. At one point in the game , I was watching him closely & He would have done 5-6 gut wrenching sprint efforts in a row, layed tackles & spoils all within 2-3 min.
He was absolutely knackered & gave it his all most of the game .
He’s never going to be Wayne Carey but for now he’s the best we have for that role.
Forget Maley FFS .

At a guess people here who are asking for Pink to get dropped are the ones that don’t attend games & don’t 100% see Pinks work ethic & stuff he does off the ball. At one point in the game , I was watching him closely & He would have done 5-6 gut wrenching sprint efforts in a row, layed tackles & spoils all within 2-3 min.
He was absolutely knackered & gave it his all most of the game .
He’s never going to be Wayne Carey but for now he’s the best we have for that role.
Forget Maley FFS .
I think his footy smarts aren't given enough credit, and I'm concerned that while Maley looks a better contested mark he would just end up spoiling Larks and Teakle. Pink looks like he knows when to inject himself into a contest and what to do if the contest is lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh no!

Evil Smile GIF

I'd like to give Maley 2-3 games at some point this year.

If he comes in and just clunks marks then you know what we have there. Even if he can't kick. We need a marking target, besides Larkey.

I'd also like to see Hansen get a chance. He's playing a role that's a need.

But maybe both of those things happen in the last 4 weeks against Rich, WC, WB and Hawks.

I would bring in Greenwood for Pink this week.
We need a big bodied tackling beast midfielder to go up against Rowell & that can also go rest / play forward . His form has been very good in the VFL . Possessions & Tackle count thru the roof , brings aggression. We got bullied by Bont & Libba last week.
At least bring him in for this week until George gets back next week.
Other change would be Kerch for Fisher. No need to risk him this week.
Logue can have another run the VFL. It will do him really good.

Spoke to Griff today and he said he's ready to play seniors... 👏

My wife might have been standing next to you as she heard the same thing, that he thinks he’s playing this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back