Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Hawthorn in last round of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Hawks brought in tagger Finn Maginness, suppose LDU is target No 1
Been dominating as a centre at box hill, has earnt the opportunity. Likely plays a little mid, and half forward using his tank, workrate, pace and strength around the ball. Will tag if it is needed but won’t start on anyone.

Drury or RHJ the likely subs based on that bench

If it’s pouring I would bring a late in of ford for pink
l would bring in Lazzaro instead of Ford. If you are dropping a player for whatever reason it doesnt mean much if you bring him back in due to late injuries or weather.

Not sure what our aim with this lineup is.

Not blooding or getting a last look at any underexposed guys e.g. Harvey, Maley.

Not getting senior hitouts before the break into someone like Dawson.

No sentimentality ie Greenwood.

And it sure as shit isn't going to win a game.

It looks when there's no standout #1 pick, we happily tank. 12 months too late comrades.

Not blooding or getting a last look at any underexposed guys e.g. Harvey, Maley.

No sentimality ie Greenwood.

It looks when there's no standout #1 pick, we happily tank. 12 months too late comrades.

Clarko has been a little too safe with some of his selections this year

l would bring in Lazzaro instead of Ford. If you are dropping a player for whatever reason it doesnt mean much if you bring him back in due to late injuries or weather.
FWIW I think they've taken as many looks at Laz as they plan on doing.

No sentimentality ie Greenwood.

I think the aim appears to be just getting it over and done with. Nothing else is really jumping out at me.

FWIW I think they've taken as many looks at Laz as they plan on doing.
And rightly so. It's never anything personal you hope that these players will make it, but he's just not AFL standard. He'd be a great local footballer where the skills and polish aren't as demanding. Mind you, we could say that about a few others, too.

Last edited:
And rightly so. It's never anything personal you hope that these players will make it, but he's just not AFL standard. He'd be a great local footballer where the skills and polish aren't as demanding. Mind you, we could say that about a few others, too.
Agree. It's tough but with his attributes he needs to be a little more one touch and it just doesn't look there. Seems a top kid so hope he does well whether it's with us, elsewhere or wherever life takes him.

What I’d like to see tomorrow:
  • 100% effort across the board.
  • LDU to kick a goal or two. Need him to add this string to his bow on the regular.
  • RHJ to continue growing in confidence, the conditions should suit him tomorrow
  • The backline hold it together somehow, it’s not looking good on paper
  • Forwards - move, lead, create space, chase, tackle - do something, anything, just don’t stand there waiting for the ball!
  • That last kick into F50 to hit a target occasionally, give Kerch some time on the wing
  • George to finish the season well with a return to pre bye George
  • The Bull to remind us why we just signed him up for another 5
  • Arch > Watto

What I don’t want to see:
- Another 10+ goal loss. Finish off strong and give us long suffering supporters a glimmer of hope for 2025.

What I’m likely to see:
- Another 10+ goal loss. I’m a realist 😩 (though stupidly optimistic atm)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I’d like to see tomorrow:
  • 100% effort across the board.
  • LDU to kick a goal or two. Need him to add this string to his bow on the regular.
  • RHJ to continue growing in confidence, the conditions should suit him tomorrow
  • The backline hold it together somehow, it’s not looking good on paper
  • Forwards - move, lead, create space, chase, tackle - do something, anything, just don’t stand there waiting for the ball!
  • That last kick into F50 to hit a target occasionally, give Kerch some time on the wing
  • George to finish the season well with a return to pre bye George
  • The Bull to remind us why we just signed him up for another 5
  • Arch > Watto

What I don’t want to see:
- Another 10+ goal loss. Finish off strong and give us long suffering supporters a glimmer of hope for 2025.

What I’m likely to see:
- Another 10+ goal loss. I’m a realist 😩 (though stupidly optimistic atm)

Given that I have zero interest in another wooden spoon, I'll tell you what I want to see.

I want to see rain of biblical proportions tomorrow - I want to see Arks white water rafting down Invermay Road.

Please let it be

Someone from UTAS texted through to Dwayne's show to say it's all sorted.
Happy Well Done GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Hawthorn in last round of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back