Preview Changes and Preview Round 3 Power v Demons Saturday 7pm at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 6 months younger lol. Also spent 1.5 years extra in the professional system which would make more impact than 6 months age. Also spent 3 years under a GOAT coach where he theoretically should've been taught a lot better than McEntee has been.

You should marry McEntee.

Not opposed to McEntee coming back in given the relative ease that Richmond transitioned from our backline. A better side will make us pay with that lack of defense pressure in the F50.

We did get a bit exposed with leg speed yesterday but that's probably more to do with our pressure around the ball not being up to standard in the first halve.

So we got exposed with leg speed when Williams wasn't playing and Burton was jogging around and Jones was hobbling injured? That's not Williams fault.

I think the "he's too slow" thing is a bit of a myth that just gets repeated endlessly.

Jones out injured.
Williams into side from sub.
McEntee back in as sub (don't think he deserves it, but you've got to reward his courage in putting his body on the line in round 1).

So we got exposed with leg speed when Williams wasn't playing and Burton was jogging around and Jones was hobbling injured? That's not Williams fault.

I think the "he's too slow" thing is a bit of a myth that just gets repeated endlessly.

I agree, Williams is a better footballer than Jones is and his ability to read the play accounts for his lack of speed.

Not sure about Jones or Burgoyne. They still need a lot of development just to execute the basics. I don't think I can trust them when the pressure intensifies.

I agree, Williams is a better footballer than Jones is and his ability to read the play accounts for his lack of speed.

Not sure about Jones or Burgoyne. They still need a lot of development just to execute the basics. I don't think I can trust them when the pressure intensifies.
I would personally have Williams in, jones in and Burgoyne sub. I just don’t think Burgoyne has the kicking skills at this stage to play the role we want him to be playing.

I don’t think you change up much after winning twice comfortably.

So really it’s just Williams for Jones if can’t play, and JHF if fit for Burgoyne or Mead. Burton is holding on… just… I wanna see how the half back triple threat attack of Houston, Farell and Burton go against the Demons.

On the small forward debate, obviously SPP is back soon, and the other spot I’d go DBJ over McEntee and Frankie atm.

Also when JHF is back, if Mead and or Burgoyne,( or maybe Sinn), get that last outside mid spot and they continue to struggle, I really think that we should consider Georgiades (with a few games under his belt) as the 3rd tall, and to push Finlayson into that last outside mid spot, as a true utility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worry is the kozzie matchup

not sure burton can go with him, jones is too fumbly under real pressure..maybe its BZT although I like him on Fritsch

other than that we should be winning this at home on the big stage, even tho our coach isn't looking forward to it

McEntee will come back for Evans. Regardless, he probably gets pushed to sub when SPP is back.

I'd leave Williams in, but he's probably competing more with Farrell, Burton and Houston than Jones. Against a good team, we're going to need someone to shutdown dangerous small forwards, and it seems like they want that to be Jones.

He thought he did his ACL, but it turns out he just had knee cap soreness.

Probably a fair chance to play then and some good news for Melbourne. I heard he sat out the last quarter, but could have just been precautionary, given the score line.

Small forward/small defender match ups will be interesting. Not sure who Port has that can go with Pickett. Jones? (If he gets up). Burton will probably go the Neal-Bullen, which is a risky match up. Whilst Salam may have a field day at half back, so may be DBJ or McEntee in a “defensive” forward role?

Jed for Evans will happen.

Finlayson saved his bacon in the second half.

Pretty sure Melbourne's midfield is still in one piece I'm not thinking May being out makes it that much easier.

Pains me to say it (and maybe it's because I only saw your second half yesterday) but I think your mob are building pretty nicely at the moment and this season is going to be your best shot at it. This week against the Dees should be a good test but if May and Lever are out then it's one you should be winning.

It looks like BZT and Ratagolea have delivered what you needed to stiffen up the defence; you've got enough key forwards (Marshall, Dixon, Georgiadis, Finlayson plus others) that you can afford to rotate them through to keep them fresh and fighting for positions; Soldo looked more effective in ruck than I'd given him credit for and you've got depth with guns like JHF, SPP to still come back in.

You need to capitalise now whilst you've got a fresh squad and lock in a top 4 possie and then hope that the emerging champion qualities of Rozee, Butters and JHF is enough to overcome the inadequacies of Hinkley as coach.

I don't think McEntee will come straight back in. Does the 12 days off include training? If so Saturday would be his first day back right? Would rather he play at least a game of Sanfl first or even just sit out this week, it's not like we're low on choices and he was puss before he got concussed against West Coast anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back