Changes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the general consensus is right:

OUT: Tarrant (if inj.), Siera
IN: Currie, Adams (if fit)

If Adams isn't 100% right, I'd like to see someone like Gysberts get a chance ahead of Siera. Even as a sub, just to get him in at AFL level again.

Also, GIVE MCKENZIE A FULL GAME!

Yep, the only other person that could legitimately be in the firing line this week is Jacobs

Yep, the only other person that could legitimately be in the firing line this week is Jacobs
I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but from what I've heard he was pretty poor. B.Scott did say at the start of the year he trusts the players to stay in the side after a bad game. Will be interesting to see if the same rule applies to Benny Jacobs?

Thanks Maddox.

I missed that article.

Good to hear it is just a clean out and not a structural, Tom Currany thing.

As did I so likewise from me Maddox. If we somehow sneak into the finals I wouldn't be against us selecting that inspirational dad from the halftime Auskick game. He could carry Narni around the backline!

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but from what I've heard he was pretty poor. B.Scott did say at the start of the year he trusts the players to stay in the side after a bad game. Will be interesting to see if the same rule applies to Benny Jacobs?

Its not that he was poor, its that he hardly touched it. Considering he is playing as an inside mid, and we have beasts in Ziebell and Cunners and can have Bastinac also play that role, I question whether we need him.

OUT: Tarrant, Siera
IN: Currie, Anthony

OR

In: Adams, Anthony

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-08-26/midfield-pair-face-fitness-tests.workstation

Two of the keys to Collingwood’s midfield remain in with a chance to play against North Melbourne this Sunday.

Dayne Beams (back tightness) and Luke Ball (calf tightness) were casualties before and during Friday night’s win over West Coast and will face fitness tests later this week to determine their availability.

View Collingwood’s full injury list here.

Ball, who was substituted out of the match after experiencing tightness in his calf early in the third quarter, has received a promising report from the club’s medical staff.

“The scans were clear, but he’s still feeling some tightness,” interim Director of Football Rodney Eade told collingwoodfc.com.au.

“He’ll be assessed later on this week.”

Anthony?

Liam Anthony?

Really?????????

Why???????????????

Because at the very least, he'll find the footy and I have faith in him not to inefficiently dispose 50% of his disposals.

Jacobs and Sierra have been far from convincing. There remains a slim chance that they can improve on what we've seen.

We've seen the best that LA has to offer. It isn't good enough when we have the ball, and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soft & lazy when we don't.

Jacobs and Sierra have been far from convincing. There remains a slim chance that they can improve on what we've seen.

We've seen the best that LA has to offer. It isn't good enough when we have the ball, and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soft & lazy when we don't.

I reckon there's more than a slim chance that we haven't seen the best of Jacobs yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see McKenzie play a full game. Maybe replace Mullet down back and move Mullet to the wing. Anyone else think he'd be a fantastic half forward who could lock down on someone like Harry O and prevent some rebound?

Food for thought. If he gets the ball 60 out I'm confident in him taking a shot, would be a pretty nice weapon.

OUT: Sirra, Wright, Firrito, Delaney

IN: Swallow, Thompson, Grima, Adams

Sunday will be like a final and it is normal to carry a few cuts and bruises, so come on Steve Saunders, work your magic and get them on the park.

Seriously though, the farce that has become the end of the season is becoming quite fun for our mob. A big match with the Pies at the 'G, a possible leapfrogging of the *dons and blues, a potential final in Melbun town against the Tiges, and no expectations, having been theoretically out of the finals running a few times already. And we are the popular choice of plenty of commentators and supporters. Enjoying the week already...feel like a kid in the queue for the lucky dip at the fair.

Second option:
OUT: Sirra, Tarrant
IN: Adams, Currie

Um, was meant to be tongue in cheek with the Grima, Thompson and Swallow selections. Just lamenting the MIAs of our best 22.

Will bite my tongue. Ouch!

Haha, wasn't directly targeted at you mate. Grima's name just stuck out to me without properly reading.

Gave me an excuse to use that Luke Darcy video again.

Haha, wasn't directly targeted at you mate. Grima's name just stuck out to me without properly reading.

Gave me an excuse to use that Luke Darcy video again.

Cheers. No worries.

Ahhh Luke Darcy. One of those people who should be kept away from microphones. I could imagine Journalism students using videos of Luke Darcy the same way Hospitality study Basil in Fawlty Towers...

I reckon there's more than a slim chance that we haven't seen the best of Jacobs yet.

As strange as it sounds, it was one of the best 6 possession games I've seen from a midfielder. The kicks he had were very good, he kicked a good goal from the pocket and laid some big tackles.

Keep him in, he'll be better for the run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back