Changes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't know what he's talking about? It 'shouldn't' make a difference. And, yeah, I suspect he knows exactly what was meant, but this was his way of suggesting we should be going in with the same killer attitude to ANY game, like all good sides do.

While DR can be 'snippy', it seems like the pack mentality is starting to set in with equally snippy responses to him. Let it go, it's just the interwebs. ;)

DR was being a smartarse on that occasion mate.

Anyway on topic - our finals performance last year kinda speaks for itself in terms of output in a game that mattered. I could anecdotally cite other examples but can't be bothered.

I didn't nominate Petrie to CHF because he is out of form, I nominated him there because I think we need him down there with Thompson and Grima out. Hansen wont have the same impact if he is playing on someone who draws him out of the contests.

I didn't nominate Petrie to CHF because he is out of form, I nominated him there because I think we need him down there with Thompson and Grima out. Hansen wont have the same impact if he is playing on someone who draws him out of the contests.

oh god before we have 62 pages on Petrie 'not being out of form'.

My point was that with Hunter and Grima out and Petrie 'not exactly lighting it up in the forward line' him lining up at CHF would help Hansen remain as the 3rd up/interceptor/loose man. Yes Petrie has had a good year but apart from the Essendon game his last 3 outings have yielded 1 goal so I wouldn't be adverse to swinging him back.

Have the Pies been going with three tall forwards in Cloke, Reid and Lynch? If so that makes things interesting as all three can mark, unlike Buddy, so that means Spud plays tall on Lynch probably, Lach takes Reid and Keys takes Cloke. Reid will be told to get on his bike to clear space for Cloke and drag Lachie away, and Lynch will be given instruction to get Spud deep one out. Who ever plays spare will need to be really, really switched on this weekend. I'd be trying to generate Macmillan loose as he is the best at positioning but he will need to put himself in harms way repeatedly.

They will probably play Keefe on Taz, Brown on Dish and try to find a suitable match up for Black. Maybe Goldsack? Harry O' Figjam will go to LT and Maxwell will ponce around acting tough. I'd put Wright on him.

Gotta win the clearances and put pressure on them big time when they do. They are great at the quick give and go in close and short kicking to generate quick, short spread. Just have to be on when we take the field because this Collingwood team is still very, very good when they come to play.

oh god before we have 62 pages on Petrie 'not being out of form'.

My point was that with Hunter and Grima out and Petrie 'not exactly lighting it up in the forward line' him lining up at CHF would help Hansen remain as the 3rd up/interceptor/loose man. Yes Petrie has had a good year but apart from the Essendon game his last 3 outings have yielded 1 goal so I wouldn't be adverse to swinging him back.

It is not all about you. :p

I just wanted to clarify my own position.

Nobody has said Taylor Hine, wouldn't mind sending a decent tagger to one of their midfielders that usually rip us apart. Would probably bring him in for Jacobs and bring Adams in for Sierakowski.

does anyone believe Thommo is a genuine chance to get back this week? would give me much more confidence having him back. Also, does anyone know the latest on Grima?

Nobody has said Taylor Hine, wouldn't mind sending a decent tagger to one of their midfielders that usually rip us apart.

He didn't play last weekend but did get a mention in the club website's possible ins.

does anyone believe Thommo is a genuine chance to get back this week?

Extremely unlikely this week, as LT Smash pointed out, with his condition requiring a 4 week safety period. Very probable next week if we're still in it.

It says that if we play in september thompson is a chance to come back in. Definitely not going to be in this week, unfortunately :(

If BS was comfortable with Keys, Spud, and Lachie doing the job on the 3 Hawks talls, backed up by Jamie Mac on Gunston, I don't think he will change the mix with Collingwood. Will back them in again. Delaney to Cloke. Spud on Lynch. Lachie on Reid. Match up pretty well as a B-team defense. And, at risk of being thrown out of Brad's inner sanctum, wouldn't Kennedy be an ideal sub this week - back up for talls in defense, running half back, or pinch hitting forward. Crazy idea I know, but its just not right if AK's name isn't front and centre in a Changes thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't know why Kennedy wouldn't be brought in as a fwd if taz goes out injuried.

Hine to come in and tag one of their mids.

Harper and jizza in for siera and Jacobs..

Time to roll the dice

After the game they said on the radio he would be fine and he was sub'd out not for the injury but instead tactically.

Hopefull Narni is good to go. Playing injured players in finals has a history of coming back to bite you on the arse!!!!
He had an operation last week and is out for the rest of what ever season we have left.

EDIT: Or how about I read the full thread before commenting.

Narni and option? Sweet. Lachi back playing loose.

fairly sure that last yr glorious victory v pies was achieved with grima and thommo out

if petrie plays CHB whom does he play on , this is Collingwood

FYI adverse and averse surprisingly are different words

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back