Changes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

86% disposal efficiency from 28 touches. He has hardly been below 75% for the entire season. I was always critical of Gibson's disposal but it has improved out of sight. You are blind if you can't see that.

McMillan also had his best game on the weekend..why would you want him dropped? His last 6 weeks have been excellent.

You want to bring in Harper and Kennedy yet either of them didn't get near the best or get over 15 touches.

Your obsession with youth is ridiculous.

Your obsession with mediocrity is counter productive.

Get a grip mate. We are behind Brisbane on the ladder.

Brisbane ffs.

If you reverse engineer our season, you'll find that our better players have played well and not been injured (swallow ex), so if its not our "guns" who is it?

It's our outside receivers who aren't afl standard in terms of damage that they do with ball in hand.

That is my assertion, we should be blooding blokes (whether they are ready or not) who can take us to the next level, the promised land if you will.

Our grunt is good enough.
Our forward line is dangerous.
Our defence is a work in progress.

But our outside run and class is awful because they are all one way footballers.

Garner & Harper in particular stick tackles and actually enjoy it, plus they are explosive and provide the X factor and spark that we need.

I'll go out on a limb, if JMac, Gibson, wright and firitto are in our best 22 by the end of next year, I will buy you your grand final ticket if we get there.

I'll leave u with this:

Geelong - Motlop, Christiansen, Stokes, Stevie J,
North: Wells, Harvey, Gibson, MacMillan

Your obsession with mediocrity is counter productive.

Get a grip mate. We are behind Brisbane on the ladder.

Brisbane ffs.

If you reverse engineer our season, you'll find that our better players have played well and not been injured (swallow ex), so if its not our "guns" who is it?

It's our outside receivers who aren't afl standard in terms of damage that they do with ball in hand.

That is my assertion, we should be blooding blokes (whether they are ready or not) who can take us to the next level, the promised land if you will.

Our grunt is good enough.
Our forward line is dangerous.
Our defence is a work in progress.

But our outside run and class is awful because they are all one way footballers.

Garner & Harper in particular stick tackles and actually enjoy it, plus they are explosive and provide the X factor and spark that we need.

I'll go out on a limb, if JMac, Gibson, wright and firitto are in our best 22 by the end of next year, I will buy you your grand final ticket if we get there.

I'll leave u with this:

Geelong - Motlop, Christiansen, Stokes, Stevie J,
North: Wells, Harvey, Gibson, MacMillan

I'm happy with all that, our outside runners are what we need to upgrade if we are going to take the next step.

At present however Harper, Garner and co aren't ready for AFL footy. Harper needs to be getting 20+ touches at VFL level before he is going to be ready to play any sort of role at AFL level. Garner struggles to run out games in the VFL across half forward don't know how he is going to have an impact in our midfield. Both of them are one big pre-season away from having an impact.

Wright has x-factor as he showed early on in his career but his confidence is shot, which is why we shouldn't be playing blokes who aren't ready.

I'm happy with all that, our outside runners are what we need to upgrade if we are going to take the next step.

At present however Harper, Garner and co aren't ready for AFL footy. Harper needs to be getting 20+ touches at VFL level before he is going to be ready to play any sort of role at AFL level. Garner struggles to run out games in the VFL across half forward don't know how he is going to have an impact in our midfield. Both of them are one big pre-season away from having an impact.

Wright has x-factor as he showed early on in his career but his confidence is shot, which is why we shouldn't be playing blokes who aren't ready.

I like Sammy, he needs a bit of luck with his shoulders so he can hit the gym and get stronger.

The coach has referred to this season as a development year.
Gifting games to young players who aren't ready is slightly more palatable than playing blokes who are clearly out of form and/or proven they are not at the level.

why couldn't AK come in and play Wright's role. He has really been pigeon holed as just a defender. He was drafted as a forward and the only time he has played there was in the game he did his knee. He has done enough down back in the VFL
Brad if you aren't prepared to give him a go this week end, get Scott West to move him up the ground and have a look at him there

I think I would rather us play on Friday or night or Saturday. We havent performed well in a game that mattered for years. I hope we do play finals because I think these young guys will get tremendous benefits from the experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why couldn't AK come in and play Wright's role. He has really been pigeon holed as just a defender. He was drafted as a forward and the only time he has played there was in the game he did his knee. He has done enough down back in the VFL
Brad if you aren't prepared to give him a go this week end, get Scott West to move him up the ground and have a look at him there

He isn't going to come in and play as forward. Hasn't played there for 2 years and he hasn't trained with that group. Wouldn't know structures, leading set ups or anything.

In: Adams, Currie
Out: Sierakowski, one of McKenzie or Jacobs

FB: Atley Delaney MacMillan
HB: Hansen Petrie Mullett
C: Adams Ziebell Wells
HF: Harvey Currie Black
FF: Thomas Tarrant Wright
F: Goldstein Cunnington Bastinac
I: Greenwood Gibson Firrito
S: McKenzie/Jacobs

I think it is important to have an experienced big defender down back to free Hansen to play his intercept role. Currie to support ruck Goldy. Goldy can go harder and can pinch hit forward and we can push Petrie forward at times to try and get a matchup working in our favour.

Lets be realistic, we are not getting any real value from the extra surplus runner, between Siera, Jacobs and Mac they got **** all of the ball, had no real impact and we still almost rolled the Hawks. I think Currie will have the potential to have greater impact.

I'd love to get Harper with his speed into a game like this but his form doesn't warrant it. Losing out on Thompson and Grima and just going with Firrito has caused problems for our back six, was a shocking call by the club.

In: Adams, Currie
Out: Sierakowski, one of McKenzie or Jacobs

FB: Atley Delaney MacMillan
HB: Hansen Petrie Mullett
C: Adams Ziebell Wells
HF: Harvey Currie Black
FF: Thomas Tarrant Wright
F: Goldstein Cunnington Bastinac
I: Greenwood Gibson Firrito
S: McKenzie/Jacobs

I think it is important to have an experienced big defender down back to free Hansen to play his intercept role. Currie to support ruck Goldy. Goldy can go harder and can pinch hit forward and we can push Petrie forward at times to try and get a matchup working in our favour.

Lets be realistic, we are not getting any real value from the extra surplus runner, between Siera, Jacobs and Mac they got **** all of the ball, had no real impact and we still almost rolled the Hawks. I think Currie will have the potential to have greater impact.

I'd love to get Harper with his speed into a game like this but his form doesn't warrant it. Losing out on Thompson and Grima and just going with Firrito has caused problems for our back six, was a shocking call by the club.

Haha beat me to it! was gonna suggest Petrie CHB if scott thompson doesnt come up

only change i would make from your team is Firrito out Hine comes back to do a tagging job on Pendals.

Calls for Petrie to CHB could be the catalyst of a captains game. Petrie is proven in the role, down on forward form.

Let's try Tarrant as the lead up FF and see if those guns are just for show or not.

Petrie AND Hansen taking important intercept marks and spoils will get in Clokes head and Lynch won't realise Hansen has run off him 16 times until the Monday review.

Pendlebury and Swan always play well against us and this will be the difference in who gets the better supply. JZ needs to play ten pin bowling with the packs and a tagger (Greenwood???) needs to pretend he's Kiwi and Pendles baas.

This is the chance for THIS group of young men to step up and prove they aren't mentally weak and mix an equal measure of mongrel and class.

You have no idea what he's talking about?

The difference between belting Melbourne by 120 points and holding on against a top 4 team in the last quarter matters when you play finals.
You don't know what he's talking about? It 'shouldn't' make a difference. And, yeah, I suspect he knows exactly what was meant, but this was his way of suggesting we should be going in with the same killer attitude to ANY game, like all good sides do.

While DR can be 'snippy', it seems like the pack mentality is starting to set in with equally snippy responses to him. Let it go, it's just the interwebs. ;)

You don't know what he's talking about? It 'shouldn't' make a difference. And, yeah, I suspect he knows exactly what was meant, but this was his way of suggesting we should be going in with the same killer attitude to ANY game, like all good sides do.

While DR can be 'snippy', it seems like the pack mentality is starting to set in with equally snippy responses to him. Let it go, it's just the interwebs. ;)

Fair enough. I don't feel like I'm part of the inner scrote here, just see a lot of people arguing over semantics, it gets boring quickly. If DR was referring to every game should be treated equally as a must win game. then I apologise.

I assumed deadeyeroo meant when we have had an important (yes i know they're all important) game like the EF or Top 4 opponents we've gone into our shell. We know we'll beat GWS, Melbourne, Essendon and Richmond but now we need to beat the Sydney/Hawthorn/Freos.

I don't know where this idea came from that Petrie is out of form. As a high CHF last week I thought he was great. Gave us some great delivery inside 50 especially in the first half. The week before he was BOG.
He doesn't have a great record against Collingwood, but he's running into his customary good late season form.

I don't know where this idea came from that Petrie is out of form. As a high CHF last week I thought he was great. Gave us some great delivery inside 50 especially in the first half. The week before he was BOG.
He doesn't have a great record against Collingwood, but he's running into his customary good late season form.
Out of form is maybe a touch harsh but apart from the Essendon game with the season on the line he's kicked 2,1,0,0. Could have used some of those against Geelong, Adelaide and Hawthorn. Not quite lighting the comp up. Not bagging Petrie just thought a move to CHF in the absence of Hunter and Grima could be a masterstroke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back