Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Jenny smacks of double standards

Fact though really both need to go as neither completed the tasks that were assigned them .......Dougy more often than not was just a linkman and theyre a dime a dozen

Out: Walker, Douglas, and Burton

In: Mackay, plus a forwrd based on SANFL form over the weekend

Craigy said he thought Sloane may get a game b4 years end ........could that be next week

Difference being IMO- Walker earnt a spot in the team, Douglas hadn't. also Walker was being riden all night and was afforded no space to work in.

Douglas on the other hand as far as Collingwood cared could be 50m clear on the wing... Also what damage was caused by Dougals's man?? I'm not sure who was playing on him (I assume one of Maxwell, Shaw, Thomas).

I'm not saying Walker didn't play shit. But the impact on the side from Douglas playing was far worse.

Yeah Jenny smacks of double standards

Fact though really both need to go as neither completed the tasks that were assigned them .......Dougy more often than not was just a linkman and theyre a dime a dozen

Out: Walker, Douglas, and Burton

In: Mackay, plus a forwrd based on SANFL form over the weekend

Craigy said he thought Sloane may get a game b4 years end ........could that be next week

None of the North boys showed enough to warrant selection, was the worst game of the year from Davis if you follow the SANFL thread. The only forward who did anything was Kite, who kicked 4 for Norwood.

Assuming Burton, Bock & Dangerfield unavailable - if any are OK, then they come in:

B: Otten, Rutten, Johncock
HB: van Berlo, Sellar, Goodwin
C: Vince, Thompson, Reilly
HF: Knights, Stevens, McLeod
F: Walker, Tippett, Porplyzia
R: Griffin, Shirley, Edwards
I: Maric, Doughty, Mackay (Douglas), Symes

In: Griffin, Mackay,
Out: Burton (inj), Douglas

If Bock is unavailable, then we need the option of Stevens as a swingman. Start with Sellar on Franklin as think he has similar physical attributes.

Walker gets a reprieve if Burton is out injured.

Shootout between Griffin & Maric in ruck until Bock returns.

Dose anyone seriously think we can win the flag this year? We should be playing guys such as Davis, Petrenko, Walker etc because we arnt that far away from being a real contender so IMO this is how we should line up this week

B: Stevens, Rutten, Petrenko
HB: Mcleod, Davis, Goodwin
C: Van Berlo, Symes , Mackay
HF: Knights, Sellar, Porplyzia
F: Walker, Tippet, Johncock
R: Maric, Thompson, Vince
IC: Griffen, Edwards, Otten, Reilly

Out: Burton(inj), Shirley, Doughty, Douglass
In: Griffen, Petrenko, Davis, Mackay

Nothing personal against any of the guys going out but even though we are playing for a finals spot we should still be putting development first and tweaking our lineup for oor next crack at a flag

Dose anyone seriously think we can win the flag this year? We should be playing guys such as Davis, Petrenko, Walker etc because we arnt that far away from being a real contender so IMO this is how we should line up this week

B: Stevens, Rutten, Petrenko
HB: Mcleod, Davis, Goodwin
C: Van Berlo, Symes , Mackay
HF: Knights, Sellar, Porplyzia
F: Walker, Tippet, Johncock
R: Maric, Thompson, Vince
IC: Griffen, Edwards, Otten, Reilly

Nothing personal against any of the guys going out but even though we are playing for a finals spot we should still be putting development first and tweaking our lineup for oor next crack at a flag

No i don't think anyone bar the most optimistic of supporters would (i'm positive, but not delusional :) ) St Kilda are gonna romp it in. The only thing stopping he Saints, is the the Saints

Doughty and Shirley don't deserve to go. Shirley will still be on the list next year, as will Dogga. Dogga has played 2 bad games, but had a pretty awesome patch before that. Shirley shut down Swan in the 1st half, but then got put out of position tagging him at half forward. Doesn't deserve to go.

Bring Griff in, i think he deserves another shot at it. Hopefully Burton gets up. Walker can have another week, regardless of Burton. Yeah he was horrible, but he deserves more than 1 game to show what he's got

for mine:

Out: Burton (inj) Douglas

In: Griff, Mackay

Doughty and Shirley don't deserve to go. Shirley will still be on the list next year, as will Dogga. Dogga has played 2 bad games, but had a pretty awesome patch before that. Shirley shut down Swan in the 1st half, but then got put out of position tagging him at half forward. Doesn't deserve to go.

I agree with you but i think we need to develop our younger players both of these guys should be on the list next year but they are depth players and will be very handy to have when we are having a crack at a flag but we will never get there unless we develop our younger players so atm need to make way for some of the younger guys

Playing 1 or 2 games in 2009 will make hardly any difference to their performance in 2010. It's a fallacy that somehow playing 1 game in August 2009 makes you this massively better player come March 2010.

If the top 4 is out, we need to get ourselves a home final by finishing 5th of 6th so we must leave the free games for juniors until pre-season next year. Besides, how much more of a go does Petrenko need this year?

Was not Shirlys fault he got shown up in the 2nd half. He was smashing Swan in the first half then Mick moved him to play a CHB/F role and forced Shirly to play as a forward. Craig should have realised this and released Shirls back to the mid and let someone else who finds it much more natural to play a lead up game go back and stretch Swan. Definatley does not deserve to go out. Walker simply didn't work hard enough last night, but will retain his spot. Don't expect to many changes this week.

In: MacKay
Out: Burton

Playing 1 or 2 games in 2009 will make hardly any difference to their performance in 2010. It's a fallacy that somehow playing 1 game in August 2009 makes you this massively better player come March 2010.

If the top 4 is out, we need to get ourselves a home final by finishing 5th of 6th so we must leave the free games for juniors until pre-season next year and get the W's on the board. Besides, how much more of a go does Petrenko need this year?

Every game counts im not saying just leave them in for this round maybe even the rest of the year inc finals would you rather get a home final and be making up the numbers or give some of the young guys a go so they come back next year knowing what is required to play AFL level football and its not just playing those younger guys bu t playing players in other positions eg Symes in the midfield so we have that vercitillaty in the future

Do we know what Burton's injury is? Have heard it reported as a hamstring, a corked thigh or a bruised buttock.

I'd think just Mackay back for Burton.

Stevens/Rutten versus Franklin/Roughead. Expect a better showing from Walker. Was on 'SANFL speed' last week. And the Hawks are his favourite team :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every game counts im not saying just leave them in for this round maybe even the rest of the year inc finals would you rather get a home final and be making up the numbers or give some of the young guys a go

You give yourself the best opportunity for finals because you never know what things may fall your way once you're there.

Throwing young guns in for the sake of it or switching postions on guys with no preparation before next week is called tanking ;)

If they think Symes might be able to play a different role then work on it over pre-season and prepare properly rather than just switching him next week.

Why are you giving the season away?

You give yourself the best opportunity for finals because you never know what things may fall your way once you're there.

Throwing young guns in for the sake of it or switching postions on guys with no preparation before next week is called tanking ;)

If they think Symes might be able to play a different role then work on it over pre-season and prepare properly rather than just switching him next week.

Why are you giving the season away?

Im not giving the season away anything can happen im finals with a bit of luck just best preparing the squad for 2010 when we have a real chance at a flag i think last nights game was a good example was a good example of why we should be doing this Bock was out and we couldnt replace him , we had no CHF to play through so why not work on those things now rather then wait till pre season when all the teams are doing this and therfor is harder to judge there preformance for example Sellar played at FB in pre season and did a pretty good job so should we play him there this week?

When Symes plays well we lose.

Malthouse made a comment in his post match press conference when he was talking about how measuring stats in today's football is different to what it used to be (ie 25 possessions used to = a good game) and he said that it doesn't matter as much how many touches a team has, it's more a matter of who gets them. He inferred that there are some players you need to stop getting the ball and some players you let get the ball.

Symes had a good game yes. But Collingwood spent 0.00% of their time trying to prevent him getting it. Symes played fine but we shouldn't overrate his game just because Collingwood were content for him to have a good game.

I think that is a good point, the most concerning thing to me with Symes is solely his use of the ball by foot, he cant confidently find a target over 30 metres down the field. When he has to kick long you can see the panic and looks for a hot potato handball option and then tries to kick long.

I just think that if he is wanting to become a 200 game player for this club he still has some aspects of his game to work on if not he will be lost in the shuffle within a couple of seasons.

hi all, new to these forums :)

looks like we may have burton, danger and mackay, all to be given a chance this week to play, not as bad as first thought with burton and danger

Looks like Danger, Burton and Mackay are just a fitness test for selection this week. Good news, I was under the impression that Danger would be out for a while.

Bocky has "Bony Irritation" on his heal, but the bursitis is no probs. NFI what Bony Irritation means, here's hoping it's not a mcleod of '06.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsartic...9/default.aspx

Something to do with Chris McDermott??:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think that is a good point, the most concerning thing to me with Symes is solely his use of the ball by foot, he cant confidently find a target over 30 metres down the field. When he has to kick long you can see the panic and looks for a hot potato handball option and then tries to kick long.

I just think that if he is wanting to become a 200 game player for this club he still has some aspects of his game to work on if not he will be lost in the shuffle within a couple of seasons.

Symes on the weekend put some fantastic lace out 50 metres passes in, I remember one that he kicked from half back in front of McLeod in the centre. The guy played bloody well

Looks like Danger, Burton and Mackay are just a fitness test for selection this week. Good news, I was under the impression that Danger would be out for a while.

Bocky has "Bony Irritation" on his heal, but the bursitis is no probs. NFI what Bony Irritation means, here's hoping it's not a mcleod of '06.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsartic...9/default.aspx

Sounds like a heel spur which is what I suggested early on with the plantar fascitis. Heel spurs are a symptom of a torn plantar fascia.

Bad news about Bock, we will miss him even more this week than we did last weekend against the Wobbles.

This game is really starting to worry me, if we are not careful and Buddy fires we might get blown outta the water.

hmmmm the Buddy match-up now becomes an absolute bitch. Stevens looking likely, I'd rather Phil Davis tbh, Stevens nowhere near athletic enough to stay with him, though Phil will struggle in the wrestling, Stevo is no hulk hogan.

Is this Sellars time to shine?

The bagging of Walker from crowd members was bloody disgraceful. One of the most talented players ever to come through this club and when he looks to be down on confidence out comes the abuse. Pathetic, sad and worthless "supporters" who don't deserve a ticket to a single game let alone a membership. I too hope Craigy shows some confidence in him by playing him again.

Anyway hopefully we get D-Mac back to add that classy edge to the midfield that we missed against the pies. Would be excellent to see Sloane just sneak in for a debut before the season is out too, unlikely though it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back