Preview Changes for Round 6 v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised we have turned to Schache once again. His VFL form has been OK but nothing that shows genuine improvement in key areas: physicality, as you highlight and the ability to take an overhead contested mark. I think we should regard this as his last chance and without reasonable improvement I can't see any contract extension forthcoming.

Guessing he'll share ruck duties with Martin. He could also go forward or back. Crows have some tall backmen and he could tie up one of them if Bont plays more mid.

So ...

INJURED (*=LTI):
  • Darcy*
  • McLean*
  • Bruce*
  • Vandermeer
  • Bedendo
  • Garcia*
  • Johannisen
  • Keath
  • English
ILL:
  • Hannan (or is he now better and coming back via VFL?)

OTHER ABSENCES:
  • Wallis
  • Hunter
The list just grows every week. Not expecting any of the injured to be back for Round 7 either. Maybe not even Round 8. Or Rd 9?

To put it another way, the only available players not picked in the 26 this week were:
  • Butler
  • Parker
  • Jones
  • Cleary
  • R Smith
  • Raak
I know some posters are going to come back and say its a contact sport, but damn we always have a higher % of injuries.
I don't even need to look it up to know that difference between our injury list...
way bigger than the dee's.
Anyone want to double down and bet on last year as well.

Dear Josh Schache,

Well, surely by now you have come to the realisation that being a number two pick means bugger all at this stage of your career. You have been in and out of a side that has struggled for height since you have been at the club and lets be honest you have not done a huge amount to pick up the pieces considering you are 199cm.

However, most people that barrack for the dogs don't hate you, you frustrate us all as we know you have potential but some of your physical efforts have been downright deplorable over the years. Please, you have once again been given another opportunity and all we ask is that you show some aggression towards your opponent and attack the ball ferociously like naughts does.

We don't expect miracles, but we do expect you to dish out some figure pressure towards the contest and your man. We have your back, but you need to earn our respect back, that does not mean kicking 5 goals or getting 25 possessions down back. We want to see some physicality in your game and surely you have been told this by people at the club. If you haven't then they all deserved to get a foot up the arse. Chances are running out and it's time to become a man and step up. Yes, you will probably end up wealthy from playing footy over the years and good luck to you but one day you will look back and think what could have been.

Please please please come out and be aggressive and hungry for the contest. We are all begging you...

With love...

A frustrated doggies supporter xx
He will.
Have faith.

No English, hey. Well that bloody sucks.

Last year we got smashed in the ruck by Nankervis and Gawn when English was out. We also struggled for 2.5 quarters against Carlton, and we got lucky against Port when Lycett was out which cancelled each other out.

ROB is going to be rubbing his hands together. I just hope our midfield is ready.

English played all 3 matches against Melbourne last year, he missed...

R7 vs. Richmond (22 point loss)
R8 vs. Carlton (16 point win)
R9 vs. Port Adelaide (19 point win)
R10 vs. St. Kilda (111 point win)

Why? Nothing wrong with an insurance bet. Doesn't mean you don't love the club any less than anyone else and you still want to them to win. But if they lose at least you get something out of it.

Was talking to a mate about this recently. Some tip against their team so you win either way. I can't do it. I tip us every time. Feel like a traitor otherwise. There must be a phd thesis about this somewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interchanges aren't recorded for the VFL but in the 3 matches Martin has played he has been on the ground in every quarter. Here are is ranking points quarter by quarter...

MARTIN.png

It’s the first time this year there’s a good tall structure to the side but it’s hard to understand how Martin is a better number one ruck than Sweet. Maybe Martin’s in better shape now than he was during the practice game against Brisbane, because he looked like he would have been cooked playing in a local game that night.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was talking to a mate about this recently. Some tip against their team so you win either way. I can't do it. I tip us every time. Feel like a traitor otherwise. There must be a phd thesis about this somewhere
I've lost tipping competitions because I refuse to tip against us.

McComb has earnt his chance. Put in some good performances at VFL level. Hopefully it translates at AFL level.

Praying Schache plays back if he's not the emergency. Was silly to train him as a KPD all pre season to them throw him in aa a wing/forward hybrid in his first and only game. Was always up against it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back