Unofficial Preview Changes Portees v Deesees

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not playing Atley because of his disposal. We're playing him because he's able to go through the midfield and give SPP and Wines a rest during the hard slog months of July and August. Amon can't do that.

A fit and firing Wines + SPP in finals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a few extra games into Amon who knows what is expected of him anyway. Karl should come in, but after the Showdown so those two can get the maximum rest from being battered and bruised all game. Collingwood, Bulldogs, Gold Coast is a nice run in for him to get up to speed.
Bingo to the bold bit. Its why I started that 4 seasons in a season thread and why I go on about big bodied, big arsed warriors. You need them in June, July and August to get you thru the winter slog, because its a different season to when its dry.

AO surface was dry on top but was soft underfoot compared to the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season. And the game on Saturday was a physical slog despite it looking easy on the scoreboard. They had Cunnington as a contested ball winning machine, he won 26 contested possessions which was just over 1/5th of North's contested possessions yet we smashed they by 36 161 v 125 and clearances were 49 v 30.

No more games at Docklands, so we wont need as many of the runners until mid August.

I'm flying over for the game this week. Any recommendations on a decent pub to get on the b̶e̶e̶r̶s̶ soda waters before and possibly after the game?

In:
ec54f5f7fa215cf80a458272dfdac4cf-the-exorcist-1469408778.jpg

Out:
ec4e141cb15903903792ea6bef28d6e9--demonology-angels-and-demons.jpg

Is Impey improving? .....
No. Without the Shanghai game to his credit I'd be writing him off. But if the coaching staff think they can unleash the kraken by continually selecting him I can accept that.

No. Without the Shanghai game to his credit I'd be writing him off. But if the coaching staff think they can unleash the kraken by continually selecting him I can accept that.
ive always said Impey has a real problem in the ability to find his own ball, add to that his shocking disposal and you are in a position where the good things he does weighed up against the bad leaves give you a zero net gain. I would be interested to see how Impey has performed in the games we lost this year, weather or not he's a flat tracker or he has some credibility?

ive always said Impey has a real problem in the ability to find his own ball, add to that his shocking disposal and you are in a position where the good things he does weighed up against the bad leaves give you a zero net gain. I would be interested to see how Impey has performed in the games we lost this year, weather or not he's a flat tracker or he has some credibility?

His disposal into forward 50 hitting targets after runs though the guts was great on the weekend.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

His disposal into forward 50 hitting targets after runs though the guts was great on the weekend.
Impey's a taller, faster, stronger version of Amon; but Amon is cleaner and usually kicks a goal a game. If those 2 are fighting for the 22nd spot IMO it's a coin toss for this game. But going forward I think Amon has reached his ceiling, whereas another 10-20 games put into Impey might see us with something special.

If Impey could finish off the hard work and good things he does do, I think it would be a different story.

He has made many big plays this season only to stuff it up with errant disposal.

His tackling has been phenomenal though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

personally i wouldnt be making any changes, if i was going to drop anyone it would be one of Pittard, White or Impey but i can see their value on the big MCG, Id be keeping atley because we need that extra inside extractor and i cant see any better replacements at the moment for that role

If Impey could finish off the hard work and good things he does do, I think it would be a different story.

He has made many big plays this season only to stuff it up with errant disposal.

His tackling has been phenomenal though.

I think the majority of the team has had poor skills at some point this year, especially in front of goal. Boak has had a couple of shocking games disposal wise, Impey somehow can't snap a ball most of the time, Hartlett does some crazy turnovers under no pressure at times - even polec kicked the ball out on the full on the weekend! However the last few weeks I feel Hartlett Boak and Impey in particular have improved their disposal, as has most the team when kicking for goal. Hopefully a sign we are putting more work into it and improving (rather than not being under so much pressure from the opposition)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still have horrible memories of the game at Adelaide Oval last season. One of the most inept displays I have seen. Is why my trust for this playing group is still 'parked' until further notice.

Joe atley has some lightning quick hands that actually hits targets, numerous times he was in and under or in the middle of a pack/congested situation and fed it out quickly to a runner like boak. His kicking in space needs work but it just reeks of a first year nervous player which is completely fine.

Impey is probably our most inconsitent, bobs up for a run through the midfield does and exciting chase here and there but he is a golden pass boy. Ken even said he was in our best 22 when he came straight in after suspension so cant really do anything about that wither

Pittard has totally lost it... He must be leaving and his head isn't in it.. He was brilliant last season

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
Exactly my thoughts. Disappointing really, he was one of our best last year. Has been far too inconsistent this year though

Impey's a taller, faster, stronger version of Amon; but Amon is cleaner and usually kicks a goal a game. If those 2 are fighting for the 22nd spot IMO it's a coin toss for this game. But going forward I think Amon has reached his ceiling, whereas another 10-20 games put into Impey might see us with something special.
Yep agree on both players, I see Impey as a 250+ gamer..Amon, still not sure about him.

Impey will be a jet just needs to play more midfield minutes he will take whites spot on the wing when he's done. I've said it before ill say it again Impey needs to play as a defensive forward this week and shut down jayden hunts run off half back he is Melbourne's most valuable player this week he gets off the chain there is no stopping him.

Impey is a burst player, he'll never hold down a role on the wing or midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes Portees v Deesees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back