Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. GWS (R18, Sat 20/07 4:35pm GIA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The jury is out on Dayne Beams and why did we give away Marley Williams for pick 105? Should have held him.

Beams fair call. But on career beams trades we are still miles ahead!

Marley wouldn’t get a game in our side. Maybe he went a bit too cheap but meh whatever. We got a second rounder for Nathan Freeman ( for example) so what we lost on the swing we picked up on the roundabout

May not be too bad a thing for Pendles to have a few weeks off to rest his body, prior to a finals campaign.
So coming into a finals series we could possibly have all of Pendles, Moore, Langdon and Stephenson returning. That's not a bad quartet to introduce just prior to finals.
Be a wow moment.
All those returns.

Only not a wow for the unfortunate omissions.

The jury is out on Dayne Beams and why did we give away Marley Williams for pick 105? Should have held him.
Notwithstanding the beams obsession,

Marley Williams is a ball butcher of abattoir proportions.

Re what we got for MW, we only did a token pick to facilitate his wish to get to North. A goodwill gesture if you will.
Otherwise we were delisting him.

Well, it looks like

Out: Pendles, Crocker, Moore
In: Adams, Howe, Shaz

Maybe Goldy instead of Shaz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, nah.

We had one crack at putting the cherry on top ala Jolly/Ball 2010 and misfired spectacularly, notwithstanding the injury and personal issues, we didn't even need him. He made no difference even when he was playing. Not a single vote in the award you run when pretty much everyone else has. Disaster.

Keep clinging to the hope he will kick the winning goal in the grand final...

Was recruited as icing on the cake.

The cake is just as tasty without icing

In a competition as tightly regulated as ours and the evenness, burning salary cap space and a 1st round draft pick could be the thing that pushes you from the top. Not to mention he didn't even fit in and had little impact when he was playing. I think the days of Beams being our best player are over or even top 5.

Never seen a knee taped like that. That could cost Coniglio millions.

My Nephew (19) had his knee strapped the same way but he had five weeks off with a meniscus injury when he came back this week.

In a competition as tightly regulated as ours and the evenness, burning salary cap space and a 1st round draft pick could be the thing that pushes you from the top. Not to mention he didn't even fit in and had little impact when he was playing. I think the days of Beams being our best player are over or even top 5.

It’s the selection for this week thread so I won’t bother arguing against your miserable views on our future

Well, it looks like
Out: Pendles, Crocker, Moore
In: Adams, Howe, Shaz

Maybe Goldy instead of Shaz.
Not for me.

No no no no

Beautiful medium rare rib eye with a high marble count steak.

Better than a nice cut that tries but just not quite melting in the mouth.

We had one crack at putting the cherry on top ala Jolly/Ball 2010 and misfired spectacularly, notwithstanding the injury and personal issues, we didn't even need him. He made no difference even when he was playing. Not a single vote in the award you run when pretty much everyone else has. Disaster.

Keep clinging to the hope he will kick the winning goal in the grand final...
Sorry I think your obsessive fixation on Dayne is affecting your judgment.

Never mind he wasn’t vintage Beams.

But let’s look at the numbers. He was still averaging 25 possessions a game.
He uses the ball well.

By any measure he played better in his 9 games than the best 9 games of Brown (who is a ripper), he’s better than having Thomas or Daicos or Sier :eek: or Aish or Varcoe or Greenwood or Hoskin-Elliott.

He’s still better than all of them in any reality. He’s better than many players.

He got injured or carried that injury. He’s A grade. That simple.

That you don’t like him, fair enough. No rule says he must be liked.

He’s just a darn good player and A grade players help good sides excel.

That he didn’t register votes in our social media award - well that’s just a cross he’ll have to bear.

Bottom line, it’s finals and he’s available he gets picked as he should before most other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back