Unofficial Preview Changes & prematch discussion for the annual track meet vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

We stayed much closer than expected last time. Dogs will want to improve on that game and have the form to do it- will be interesting to see how North shows up.

I’d like us to try a left field idea and have a majority of our defenders having defence as their key skill set ( I’d say all, but no need to be silly). Western’s forward line is not messing around.

As a general rule, we want the team to show up and play like it matters, so we don’t start preparing for preseason for another two weeks, we play this season to the end. Two weeks doesn’t make a difference to how they show up next season - showing some fight and gaining as much self respect as possible over the remaining games might.

Last edited:
Play the kids (Finnbar, wardlaw, Duursma etc)

Don’t play pink and shiels

If we lose at least we get games into our young talented core
Shhhh!! We will have to do it very carefully otherwise clubs might think we are tanking.... :rolleyes:

Seeing as we are now our of finals contention ;)do we start sending players in for operations so they are ready for next season. Comben is the first one to come to mind...

Few of the lads look very sore, I’d give a few of them a rest but my hunch is Clarko is seeing who wants to go to war with him and using these last 5 weeks as a test.

In - Wardlaw, Steevo, K Dawson
Out - Comben (inj), Shiels, Pink

I say we play a really ugly brand of keeping’s off. Literally just chip kick around the backline all day. Even if the scores are 30-20 in the end I do not care. Just don’t go out there and embarrass yourselves by losing by 100+.

I say we play a really ugly brand of keeping’s off. Literally just chip kick around the backline all day. Even if the scores are 30-20 in the end I do not care. Just don’t go out there and embarrass yourselves by losing by 100+.

Skillz are not anywhere near good enough for this.

Imagine if a few of the whipping boys attempted this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

forward line since pink teakle larkey have been together from around mid season has been more competitive but i cant help but feel that its too tall when we also have ford and zurhaar who are 3rd talls, add to that duursma and then curtis sometimes plays similar aswell. Should only be playing on of teakles or pink for me and add the moment teakle is having more impact especially with his chop out in the ruck. send pink into defence or bring dawson in and drop him.

Shiels not offering enough however we know he'll play last couple games, lets hope thats the end of it though and he finishes up with a swansong vs hawthorn.

Wardlaw hopefully comes back in after that maybe fisher as well, wouldn't mind us trying fisher forward and leaving bergman down back, let fisher play the forward roll he did at carlton

Wouldnt mind we put Comben in cotton wool and omit RHJ, Pink and Shiel. Now its time to bring in Maley, Wardlaw K. Dawson and give Harvey a game. Dawson plays back with Maley playing forward with Harvey sub.

If Sheezel doesnt come up then bring in Harvey and have one of either Hardeman, W.Dawson, Stevo as sub.

Play the kids (Finnbar, wardlaw, Duursma etc)

Don’t play pink and shiels

If we lose at least we get games into our young talented core
wut? we already play the kids :tearsofjoy:

finnbar is a rookie, he's not the future.

how many more beltings does it take for you to realise that removing all mature players doesn't result in fast tracking kids development, in fact it does the opposite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes & prematch discussion for the annual track meet vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back