Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Tiges [Out: 15/30/11/9/4/22/19/10/16 | In: 36/38/41/35/32/2/14/21/40]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you rested this week, got smashed, it would give our guys a huge confidence boost

We're the opposite. We have a history of becoming a little lazy when we think a job is done.

If we were to smash you mob on Friday, I recon we'd be flat for week 1 of the finals. God I hope I'm not right, but this team... :drunk:

We're the opposite. We have a history of becoming a little lazy when we think a job is done.

If we were to smash you mob on Friday, I recon we'd be flat for week 1 of the finals. God I hope I'm not right, but this team... :drunk:

It'll probably work x2

By losing, your team will think they'll win, so they end up losing!

See this reply:

Mate everyone has written North off. Meanwhile people are saying Richmond could be the side to pinch the flag from bottom half of the 8. If we knock you out in the first round there will be a truck load of manure dumped at punt road the following Monday morning. A shit load of pressure. Every Tigers supporter is I know is shitting themselves that they'll be knocked out first round again.

Mate everyone has written North off. Meanwhile people are saying Richmond could be the side to pinch the flag from bottom half of the 8. If we knock you out in the first round there will be a truck load of manure dumped at punt road the following Monday morning. A shit load of pressure. Every Tigers supporter is I know is shitting themselves that they'll be knocked out first round again.
A bit of embellishment there. I think every supporter would be disappointed but we're certainly not shitting ourselves.

And you hear what you want to hear. I think everyone realistically knows that it's extremely rare for anyone outside the top 4 to make the Grand Final. Doesn't stop supporters of teams from 5-8 hoping they make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am so over this game, I am even considering not bothering to turn up.
What is there to be gained? Not much.
What's there to lose? Injuries and confidence.
I am really undecided as to how many people I'd rest, but the simple answer is, do not play anybody who is sore and for whom a week off would really help.

I am really undecided as to how many people I'd rest, but the simple answer is, do not play anybody who is sore and for whom a week off would really help.

same as you atm... It will actually be great if we rest a few and actually still manage to win bc the players that would come in are actually decent players and will want to perform on Friday night but due to being an away game unless you buy a reserved seat or get to the game very early it just seems like too much of a headache.

A bit of embellishment there. I think every supporter would be disappointed but we're certainly not shitting ourselves.

And you hear what you want to hear. I think everyone realistically knows that it's extremely rare for anyone outside the top 4 to make the Grand Final. Doesn't stop supporters of teams from 5-8 hoping they make it.

Its more than rare.

Since the alteration of the finals series it has never happened.

Its more than rare.

Since the alteration of the finals series it has never happened.
It won't happen this year either.
I understand Rohan Connolly has dug up some numbers, suggesting this year's bottom 4 of the finals have won the most amount of games against top 4 for many years. It's a big stat, but an even bigger stat is the fact there are 3 interstate teams and Hawthorn in top 4. How any side from 5-8 would get through a Prelim in this predicament I couldn't imagine.

It won't happen this year either.
I understand Rohan Connolly has dug up some numbers, suggesting this year's bottom 4 of the finals have won the most amount of games against top 4 for many years. It's a big stat, but an even bigger stat is the fact there are 3 interstate teams and Hawthorn in top 4. How any side from 5-8 would get through a Prelim in this predicament I couldn't imagine.

If the Perth teams win in week 1 it'll be an all WA grand Final.

I'll certainly be going but I do doubt I'll be as fired up as usual now it seems we're not playing for sheep stations.

If the players come out firing then sure, I'll be behind them 100%.

If we do head down the replacement players route it'll be fascinating to see who rises to the occasion, and even more interesting to see if that has an influence on selections the following week (it bloody well should).

Anyhoo, bring it on FFS!

I don't care who plays. I want to win regardless!

But at the same time, can you see Hawthorn losing in Perth twice in 3 weeks?

Their biggest shot will be if Freo fall over.

I think West Coast will win the lot. They have the right attack vs defence balance to get them there.

It pains me to think of West Coast winning a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back