Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Tiges [Out: 15/30/11/9/4/22/19/10/16 | In: 36/38/41/35/32/2/14/21/40]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we're playing you in a final.
Richmond doesn't win finals
Richmond also always finishes ninth. Yet here we are playing our 3rd straight finals in a row.
Records are there to be broken.
Will it be broken this year? **** I hope so and if not thank **** for the A-league

Richmond also always finishes ninth. Yet here we are playing our 3rd straight finals in a row.
Records are there to be broken.
Will it be broken this year? **** I hope so and if not thank **** for the A-league
And ....in the A-league you go for Shitty haha thats a tragedy in itself.

I'll certainly be going but I do doubt I'll be as fired up as usual now it seems we're not playing for sheep stations.

If the players come out firing then sure, I'll be behind them 100%.

If we do head down the replacement players route it'll be fascinating to see who rises to the occasion, and even more interesting to see if that has an influence on selections the following week (it bloody well should).

Anyhoo, bring it on FFS!

I don't care who plays. I want to win regardless!
Even if we rest players, we will still be playing to win. The players bought into the side will certainly be playing for sheep stations with finals spots on the line. It would also give our side a little bit of an unpredictability. LT to have a big night.

JB said the club has gone to the AFL and asked on the ruling to rest up to 3-4 players who are struggling to come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't see why we need a ruling on this.

We have a senior list that we should be able to use in whatever means we want in pursuit of finals victories.

JB said the club has gone to the AFL and asked on the ruling to rest up to 3-4 players who are struggling to come up.

If they are struggling to come up, surely they are injured. I don't see the issue.

Or does the AFL now encourage the playing of injured players?

Regardless, we have been good enough to secure a finals spot with a week to spare. We can do what we ****ing well please.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If they are struggling to come up, surely they are injured. I don't see the issue.

Or does the AFL now encourage the playing of injured players?

Regardless, we have been good enough to secure a finals spot with a week to spare. We can do what we ******* well please.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
spot on. What's the difference with resting players in round 15 due to 'general soreness' and doing it round 23?

We have a senior list that we should be able to use in whatever means we want in pursuit of finals victories.
Why did the dockers have to ask then and they can get away with it because it does not affect any team in the 8. Our game does.

I can't see why we need a ruling on this either, it annoys me that we are asking, it's a home and away game, can't we make as many changes as we see fit, 6 of our players have general soreness that's it end of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see why we need a ruling on this either, it annoys me that we are asking, it's a home and away game, can't we make as many changes as we see fit, 6 of our players have general soreness that's it end of story.
It's bloody annoying and doesn't make sense. And I'm sick of hearing freo having "earnt the right to rest players" because they finished on top and positions won't be impacted etc..as far as I'm concerned every team inside the top 8 have earnt the right to do whatever it takes to have a shot at the flag.

If the afl disagrees, then they are saying you need to be like Fremantle and finish 6 points clear of anyone else to rest players. Which makes it even harder for the other 7 teams to win the flag.

Journalist like that idiot Damien Barrett need to understand not every single game is important as one another.

Ridiculous that we are asking but we've been burnt by "retrospective" AFL rules before. This way if they say no they are endangering player welfare - which means they will say yes to avoid the AFLPA and OH&S arguments.

I don't think we will see many of the werribee listed players in this week considering they are playing an elimanation final against collingwood.

It would not be a good start to our alignment with them if we pulled out 3-4 players and it cost them a final.

I don't think we will see many of the werribee listed players in this week considering they are playing an elimanation final against collingwood.

It would not be a good start to our alignment with them if we pulled out 3-4 players and it cost them a final.
Plus they played on Sunday. It'd be a tough 5 day turn around.

So last year we "rested" Goldy, Greenwood, McDonald, Thomas and Firrito.

I think Brad will either rest 5-6 key players but play enough so we don't get blown out. I would go with just the one normal change in:
Out: Bastinac and In: Thomas

Out Rested: Goldstein, Waite, Higgins, Tarrant, Wright, Swallow (maybe make Dal or Boomer the sub)
In: Daw, Wood, Tippet, Mullet, Dumont, McDonald

The only other option I can see it just go full strength.

So last year we "rested" Goldy, Greenwood, McDonald, Thomas and Firrito.

I think Brad will either rest 5-6 key players but play enough so we don't get blown out. I would go with just the one normal change in:
Out: Bastinac and In: Thomas

Out Rested: Goldstein, Waite, Higgins, Tarrant, Wright, Swallow (maybe make Dal or Boomer the sub)
In: Daw, Wood, Tippet, Mullet, Dumont, McDonald

The only other option I can see it just go full strength.

Daw will be playing for werribee this week, he is one of their most important players. werribee would be filthy if we took him or Wood out of their side.

If I can't beat them, join them as it is obvious we will rest a few players, so I have had a study and here is my predicted changes for the game who can hopefully get the job done.

Out: Thompson
In: Tippett

Out: Dal Santo
In: Mullett

Out: Goldstein
In: Daw, would love to see how he would ruck in a full game.

Out: Higgins
In: Thomas

Out: Waite
In: Black

On a couple of players who I don't think will be rested.

Brent Harvey: would give BS an evil look at the suggestion of being rested, hates to miss a game.

Andrew Swallow: starting o find form after having a few ordinary games mid season, need to keep momentum with him.

Rest of the midfielders: Rested last week so don't need another one and can't go into a finals match on the back of last weeks form.

All in all I don't think the club will go above resting more than 5 but I've been wrong many times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back