Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Tiges [Out: 15/30/11/9/4/22/19/10/16 | In: 36/38/41/35/32/2/14/21/40]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not a bad idea to rest a few players. Not sure it will affect our form. Which has not been great.
We are one of the teams that has used the less number of players for the year. Looked tired last quarter against the Dogs. What's better, going into a final with players feeling 70% or having a rest feeling 85% fit.
Am looking forward to seeing Wood, Majak etc play. Hope Mullet get a free license to run mad.
Would of like to Harper play, But good also to see BMac get his chance. Go Roos.

What's the issue, our old fella is out there tomorrow night
Yeah it's hilarious that Harvey is playing but I could of seen the convo between Harvey and Scott.

Scott: Harvs you're rested tomorrow.
Harvey: GAGF I'm playing
Scott: ok

Walks away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how it can harm our players having a rest just before finals. Alot of them are playing with niggles anyway.

And i can't see us destroying the Tigers with half the team out.
But we have about 2-3 spots up for grabs and that's what these players will be playing for..
Tongue firmly in cheek niko, though I do think we can be very competitive.

qhx2s.jpg

its alright for teams to say we are challenging the integrity of the game -- ----- but its alright to have a compromised draw.... all the so called big clubs playing every friday... all the so called big clubs playing anzac day...... all the so called big clubs playing against each other twice every single year.... its ok to send north every year down to geelong... GAGF all who say we are bringing the integrity of the game into question.

This. Thank-you.

its alright for teams to say we are challenging the integrity of the game -- ----- but its alright to have a compromised draw.... all the so called big clubs playing every friday... all the so called big clubs playing anzac day...... all the so called big clubs playing against each other twice every single year.... its ok to send north every year down to geelong... GAGF all who say we are bringing the integrity of the game into question.

Well said!

Great post !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also a six day break as well, so changes make even more sense to me.
Tippett and Mckenzie have a lot to prove. Excited to see Mullet, Wood and Dumont come in as well.
Maybe shift Boomer to sub for this game to give him a spell too

I'm not happy with this at all, I'm not saying our form has been great but if we get belted I can't see us winning a final the week after against the same team (most likely scenario). Injuries occur all the time, even in finals believe it or not. They've had a bye already this season. If heads drop this week they'll drop next week under even more pressure (talking about the 13 or so who will remain in the team).

Interesting media commentary, generally saying a few changes is ok but 9 is over the top and teams just can't win with so many changes.

Short memory after the bullies made 6 changes last week in a reverse freshen up, which worked pretty damn well for them.

I reckon outsiders are overlooking the ins...no debutants, all capable of quality footy, most of whom have been in great form but unable to crack a senior game thus far.

$9 H2H / 50-point line is a huge overreaction....get on.

It's a week off for a few players to focus on the finals.
I am actually more interested in this game now. Minimise injury risks and get to see some of the kids.

I'm not happy with this at all, I'm not saying our form has been great but if we get belted I can't see us winning a final the week after against the same team (most likely scenario). Injuries occur all the time, even in finals believe it or not. They've had a bye already this season. If heads drop this week they'll drop next week under even more pressure (talking about the 13 or so who will remain in the team).
I don't think it will hurt us, Freo rested players in 2013 and got smashed by St Kilda, then upset Geelong the next week and went on to make the Grand Final.

I am really looking forward to heading in tomorrow night. Should be good to watch.

I was a bit down on this game earlier in the week, didn't want to see us playing Richmond two weeks in a row, win or lose. But now that we're going to see the kids play and Black & Maj have a go, I can't wait. I don't care if we lose, as its all just building up to week one of the finals. Then we'll get our real chance to beat the tiges... when it hurts the most :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back