Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Tiges [Out: 15/30/11/9/4/22/19/10/16 | In: 36/38/41/35/32/2/14/21/40]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Media carry on is a joke. We can rest whoever the **** we like. I'm tipping our side is still more experienced than the Tiges anyway. Our old mate Duck saying it is wrong. GAGF. Oh, and Adelaide, go EAD.
Apparently it's okay for Fremantle to do it because they "earned it" but when we do it, it's not in the spirit of the game. Lol :drunk:

I don't think it will hurt us, Freo rested players in 2013 and got smashed by St Kilda, then upset Geelong the next week and went on to make the Grand Final.
If we were likely to play a different side next week I wouldn't mind as much. Its more that getting the edge over them the week before is a huge psychological advantage. Resting also puts pressure on the rested players, especially if we get belted. I'm a bit concerned by this.

At the end of the day we looked flat and tired against the Dogs, so if the players need a freshen up then so be it.

So the media would rather see us field 22 blokes that wouldn't give a stuff and would be going through the motions? At least tomorrow night a massive part of our squad will be going hell for leather to prove they can play at the level. Some of these guys will be thinking they are a chance at playing in a final if they impress. Give me that any day instead of a bullshit bruise free, don't give a stuff game.

Have to admit. I'm a lot more excited for this game after those changes. It's gone from a dead rubber to something with a bit of interest for a few reasons. And $10. Seriously? What the hell were the TAB thinking?

If we were likely to play a different side next week I wouldn't mind as much. Its more that getting the edge over them the week before is a huge psychological advantage. Resting also puts pressure on the rested players, especially if we get belted. I'm a bit concerned by this.
Yeah but both teams know we are no where near full strength, but I get what you mean, I'm just hoping it doesn't give them an advantage next week. But if we can beat them with half our side out that would definitely be a psychological advantage.

After this media meltdown i kind of hope that if one of our players gets injured, we sub off one of the healthy ones snd play with 2 on the bench :thumbsu:

Carey is a smart man.

I tells yah what. If I was in charge at the NMFC I would have already rookie listed a boxer for this exact circumstance. Oh the carnage that could take place. Then simply delist rookie listed boxer at the end of the season. :stern look
Even better if someone glassed the Tiggers players Carey-style. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I logged on to check the ins/outs and all I got were f***en last week's keno numbers!

No doubt Dean 'Thursday night lotto' Laidley would be envious of these changes.

And just for good measure, I reckon BS doubled the number of unforced changes in the season this week!

FWIW this team should give a decent crack but doubt we'll get the four points... hilarious if we do. :D

I don't buy this psychological advantage stuff. It's a new game at a new venue with new stakes IF we play Richmond again next week. Game on.

In 2010 we needed to win our last two games (which we did) and hope Hawthorn lose their last two to play finals. But in the second last round Freo rested 11 against the Hawks. Hawthorn had 20 goals on the board before Freo had 2. Two weeks later Freo played Hawthorn in an Elimination Final and early in the third quarter led 8 goals to 1 and were never in danger of losing.

We really should have brought back Tiny for this game, that guy was a wrecking ball... Has he been released from gaol yet, or was he deported!! Carey would love Tiny running around in the blue and white this week, would defiantely fulfil his "MaiM" quota.

Kurt Tippett has been fined $50,000 and suspended for half the 2013 AFL season while the Adelaide Crows have been fined $300,000 for breaching the salary cap and tampering with the draft.

Adelaide and its chief executive Steven Trigg pleaded guilty to three charges in relation to "conduct prejudicial to the draft" and "conduct in breach of the total player payments provisions" at the hearing at AFL House in Melbourne.

" hhhmmm......hhmmmmmm....."

pot < kettle < black

Got a warning for posting this on Crows board.

Bit precious with all the vitriol being spewed forth there.

Got a warning for posting this on Crows board.

Bit precious with all the vitriol being spewed forth there.
If you go to the main board, all clubs, a few of us are fighting Crows supporters and a deluded Essendon supporter, entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back