Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Tiges [Out: 15/30/11/9/4/22/19/10/16 | In: 36/38/41/35/32/2/14/21/40]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this shit the media is slinging at us is just the entire AFL community 'outraged' with us for refusing to grab our ankles for the 'good of the game'.

My thoughts on the issue have been quite simply articulated by Horace,
As far as I am concerned the rest of the competition can GAGF.

Will all the media 'experts' retract their outlandish statements when we give Richmond an old fashioned boil over?

San Antonio regularly rest their guns during the regular season and their replacements are nearly as tough to beat.

If we have a strong system and players are well drilled about their roles then there should only be a small drop off in performance at most. Looking forward to a hard fought game that wouldn't have happened if we were forced to play our tired, injured and 'couldn't be stuffed' regular players.

Was about to post the same thing :( think that means he is done.... Would have loved to see him crash some bodies
Well I guess it's possible that he's done enough to get another year on the list without being in the plans for finals. Any/all of the ins could conceivably stay in next week or be called on for a later final.

The hysteria about this in the media has been absolutely laughable!

Should have heard Tim Watson :rolleyes: going on about it on SEN this morning. He said that James Brayshaw last night was trying to 'defend the indefensible' amongst a lot of other crap!

And the funny :rolleyes: thing about it is that they go on and on and on about it as if they think no-one has heard about it. Then ten minutes later they decide they'll have yet another sook about it!

I think Timmay conceded the high ground on protecting the integrity of the AFL a while ago...

So true but I think we have done considerable damage to the club's image here. We look like cheats. That's not how I want my club to be know. At a time where we need to attract every new supporter we can we will go into the finals the most hated team. Does it matter? Maybe not. But at the end of the day we are cheats and that's not how I want my club to be tagged.

We are no more cheats than the Dogs last week using a dummy ruckman purely to negate Goldstein and allow a third man to jump over the top. Hardly a fair ruck contest, but legal under the rules as they stand. End of story.

I think Timmay conceded the high ground on protecting the integrity of the AFL a while ago...

Yep, and Tim Watson having a go at someone for defending the indefensible.

Tim Watson, father of Jobe "hand it back" Watson.

Lol.

Wow the media have gone into meltdown hey...
The King said "Brad could give instructions for North players to go out there to hurt the opposition" knowing we could play them the following week....

Brad doesn't even let them hit the opposition after they've hit us.

If I hear one more Crows fan….

Not sure how or why they can’t understand how the AFL ladder works

If North Melbourne win or lose they finish 8th, the only way they can finish higher (7th) is if Adelaide loses to Geelong.

So on the basis of that North Melbourne can only play Adelaide if Adelaide finished 5th.

The only way Adelaide can finish 5th is if both Richmond AND the Western Bulldogs lose.

We have a very small chance of playing Adelaide in Adelaide if we win, and a very small chance of playing Sydney in Sydney if we lose or win – so the chances of playing an interstate final are the same whether North wins or loses.

The reason they are resting players is that because in all likelihood they will play in Melbourne next week against the Western Bulldogs or Richmond – for this to happen THE WESTERN BULLDOGS Only need to win. If this occurs then whether North Melbourne wins or loses against Richmond they are playing in Melbourne. This is why they were allowed to do it. Fair enough if you don’t like the integrity of it and I completely understand this. And the argument is that it impacts Adelaide getting a home final AGAINST RICHMOND.

If I hear one more person say North Melbourne are avoiding Adelaide I think I will explode. Adelaide is a city full of idiots who are incapable of adding 4 to an exiting number to work out a new number.

Situations like this are an absolute godsend for the Tim Watsons of the world. All that pesky time he'd have to spend analysing teams & games & actually talking about football can be replaced by righteous indignation.
Meanwhile, in the real world, NMFC do what's best for NMFC. Cruelly excluding Adelaide's hopes & dreams from their plans

If I hear one more Crows fan….

Not sure how or why they can’t understand how the AFL ladder works

If North Melbourne win or lose they finish 8th, the only way they can finish higher (7th) is if Adelaide loses to Geelong.

So on the basis of that North Melbourne can only play Adelaide if Adelaide finished 5th.

The only way Adelaide can finish 5th is if both Richmond AND the Western Bulldogs lose.

We have a very small chance of playing Adelaide in Adelaide if we win, and a very small chance of playing Sydney in Sydney if we lose or win – so the chances of playing an interstate final are the same whether North wins or loses.

The reason they are resting players is that because in all likelihood they will play in Melbourne next week against the Western Bulldogs or Richmond – for this to happen THE WESTERN BULLDOGS Only need to win. If this occurs then whether North Melbourne wins or loses against Richmond they are playing in Melbourne. This is why they were allowed to do it. Fair enough if you don’t like the integrity of it and I completely understand this. And the argument is that it impacts Adelaide getting a home final AGAINST RICHMOND.

If I hear one more person say North Melbourne are avoiding Adelaide I think I will explode. Adelaide is a city full of idiots who are incapable of adding 4 to an exiting number to work out a new number.

Amen to that !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So true but I think we have done considerable damage to the club's image here. We look like cheats. That's not how I want my club to be know. At a time where we need to attract every new supporter we can we will go into the finals the most hated team. Does it matter? Maybe not. But at the end of the day we are cheats and that's not how I want my club to be tagged.
bullshit

I cannot believe the absolute s*** spewing from some commentators over the decision by the club to rest 9 players.

Have they for just a second thought about the fact that our coaching/selection panel have an absolute responsibility to the club and its supporters to prepare the list as well as humanly possible for a crack at a finals campaign? We may well lose the EF against whoever we face but the facts are that if there are players who are sore and need to rest to be anywhere near peak condition for the most important game we face in the immediate future, then it is incumbent on our coaching/selection panel to do just that.

Our coaching/selection panel do not have a responsibility to try to help Adelaide host a home EF. As I said they have a responsibility only to the club and us as supporters of the club.

As far as I am concerned the rest of the competition can GAGF.

Spot on.

And I can't believe the hand wringing from a lot of North supporters either. It's totally in our interests to rest players and give some youngsters a crack. They might even pinch a win because they'll be having a red hot go - not worrying about bruise-free footy before the finals.

Last edited:
Gee I would love if we somehow manage to win tonight, end up having to go to Adelaide and smash them with half a team of well-rested players.

Frankly, this whole "tanking" talk is rubbish and until I see Brad McKenzie lining up in the ruck tonight, I refuse to accept it.

I'm looking forward to this game. We will see if the kids take their chance or piss it up against the wall. And yes NM are $9 to win the match or 70 odd points at the line.

Absolutely.

If Scott has some brains and balls he's told a half dozen of the guys still in the team that they are out next week unless they perform, as well as telling half the guys coming in that they have a chance to push their way into the team. He might be lying through his teeth, but tha'ts what he should be doing.

Maj will be wanting a contract (somewhere if not here) and will be going shit hot in the ruck, our defence is still bloody solid and should cause them some issues. I don't think Dumont at his current best is that far behind Swallow/Cunners/Jack (or at least their recent form). And our forward line is now crazy unpredictable, which will disrupt Richmond's defenders. Add the fact that Richmond will be wanting to play the most bruise free football of the year. That last point is a big one for me. The tigers and dogs becoming a lot more attacking and physical has done them wonders. Take some of that away.... and anything could happen.

9 dollars is almost a crime.
I'm not sure if we can win but I agree, we will see 8 or 9 blokes out there playing like it is a preliminary final. They are young men who mostly have not played an AFL final with the chance of playing at the MCG in front of 80,000 people. This is the reason they put in all the effort. They will be going like cut cats out there tonight.

Did anyone else hear his oh so witty comment earlier that Mars could sponsor North because their slogan is 'Work Rest and Play'?? Oh my sides are still hurting from laughing so much! :rolleyes:

qhx2s.jpg

Is that *stephen *dank, Gaso? So now we know what the future looks like for *essendon players.

Utter rubbish. I expect it from morons like Barrett and Carey, who are driven by their own particular way of supporting North (aka North hatred), but not from real supporters. It requires the most pathetically superficial analysis of the situation to conclude we are cheating. The coach is trying his best to win us a flag. I would have thought this was the end game for any team in the finals.

Cheats, FFS? Are you drunk? Look up the word in a dictionary and reconsider the post.

In addition, each of the 9 players brought in has earned his spot. Indeed, over the course of the past few weeks, BigFooty has been screaming to get them into the team. This is the perfect opportunity to get them in. I have backed us at $8 because unlike you and the other superficial analysts, I believe we are absolutely committed to winning the game and we have chosen players who will be keen to make that happen. It's risky, yes, but the downside of the risk is bearable and the upside is potentially significant.

Sorry gk, you occasionally post stinkers but this is your worst effort ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back