Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion v Tiges [Out: 15/30/11/9/4/22/19/10/16 | In: 36/38/41/35/32/2/14/21/40]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get this, don't bulldogs need to lose and Adelaide need to win for us to play Adelaide anyway?
Correct great point that has also been lost by alot of people in the media...
Not that i give a rats!

"I don't always agree with Brad Scott but when I do.."

I'd like to officially advise North Melbourne I'm loving our tact this week and mega bonus points for coaxing out all the lickspittles in the media who live to make mountains out of molehills when it comes to all things NMFC.

As for Wayne Carey, I think it goes something like "with friends like these..".

I'm truly sorry for his sake that "the kangaroos" aren't fielding an injured side and avoiding all physical contact with their opponents this week.

Backs to the wall indeed. With all this "Media Outrage" it should be pretty easy for Scotts and co to motivate the guys to a Victory. :stern look

I think it was beloved UK PM John Major that once uttered "Sometimes, when your backs are against the wall, you have to turn around and fight".

Pls football gods make a late change with Harper in, think the marketing whizzes at North said 10 changes is too much, doesn't roll off the tongue as well as (6)9 *sternnnnnn look*

Or please just troll the f*** out of everyone and make 3 late changes for the lols. I've got good omens since being af a cafe with Brendan Floggard and Mick Malthouse this morning that today is our day

I've already had people at work call me a cheat so its not bullshit. The media is talking it up including non sport media which is interesting. We can all argue whether or not we are cheating but not the fact that the haters will call us that.
It's just a beat up.

Players get rested and allowed to freshen up from niggling injuries, there are no new players, most have played seniors this year - explain that and **** the haters.

Let the haters cry.

It's just a beat up.

Players get rested and allowed to freshen up from niggling injuries, there are no new players, most have played seniors this year - explain that and **** the haters.

Let the haters cry.
Yup.

The only one who hasn't played seniors this year has just had 8 straight weeks in the bests at NB.

So true but I think we have done considerable damage to the club's image here. We look like cheats. That's not how I want my club to be know. At a time where we need to attract every new supporter we can we will go into the finals the most hated team. Does it matter? Maybe not. But at the end of the day we are cheats and that's not how I want my club to be tagged.
When was the last time we were on the front of the paper? :)

Maybe if you didn't agree with them, but instead pointed out the logic flaws in this idea, they'd act differently?
Nope - they are correct. We are trying to not win. Plus one is an * denialist so any logic wouldn't matter.

I've already had people at work call me a cheat so its not bullshit. The media is talking it up including non sport media which is interesting. We can all argue whether or not we are cheating but not the fact that the haters will call us that.
How have you cheated? You don't pick the team. Stupid people.

NMFC haters are everywhere. Are the same people moaning about Freo or poor old Footscray resting players.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm truly sorry for his sake that "the kangaroos" aren't fielding an injured side and avoiding all physical contact with their opponents this week.

Yeah, why does he always refer to NM as "The Kangaroos"? It's quite annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just got lambasted at work "your mob are a bunch of cheats" (tigers fan)

"Watch out mate, don't be shocked if your blokes shit themselves and cough this one up, watch out for #40 your boys will be running scared from him all night" was my reply.

Sorry gk, but someone calling you a cheat doesn't prove that the NMFC is cheating. It just proves that those people are unable to look at the situation objectively, which by the way is just about the case with most of the AFL supporting population.

Before the club made the move to approach the AFL to see if it was acceptable to be resting players, I was firmly in the camp of doing just that, resting players. Our club has a duty to its supporters/members, to at all times do what is right for the North Melbourne Football Club; and in this instance it is to try to best prepare for its most significant future on field assignment; which clearly is the Elimination Final next week.

Last weekend our players looked slow and tired, particularly in the second half and my take on that was that many of them needed a rest. Nicky Dal could hardly get out of first gear (and remember he came back quicker than anticipated from a very a serious hamstring), Ben10 was way below par with only 13 possessions (from memory), Goldy copped a rugged run from Roughead and Redpath double teaming him through their all night long third up tactics, Spitta although one of our higher possession winners, also looked slower than usual, as did Sammy Wright. Scotty T, Spud, Waite and Higgins are all in our more senior brigade.

We have been criticised for over doing it on recruiting older players. Well if the critics are right on this then they have to accept that maybe our older players need a bit of cotton wool treatment at this end of the season. In contrast last week the young Dogs looked fast and fresh and, just by the way, how interesting is it that the dogs have decided to rest Boyd, Murphy and Morris this weekend, their three oldest players.

We are not cheats, the NMFC is not cheating; rather the NMFC is preparing its list in a way that it deems most appropriate to best prepare for a cut throat final next week. And I would defend the right of every other club in the competition to do the same (well maybe not *essendon because *they did (try to) cheat) if they were in our circumstances.

I'll be proudly going along tonight, cheering my lungs out, looking forward with excitement to seeing Trent, Mason, Aaron (by 2), Joel, Kayne, Majak, Brad and Luke, strut their stuff once again on the big stage. Go North.

"Watch out mate, don't be shocked if your blokes shit themselves and cough this one up, watch out for #40 your boys will be running scared from him all night" was my reply.

Don't bite at the game tonight mate, there'll be plenty of it coming our way before the bounce.

Anyone suggesting we don't WANT to win this should be sentenced to getting their shit slapped. Of course we want to win. We just want to win next week even more desperately.

Anyone accusing us of cheating should also be sentenced to getting their shit slapped. Yes, we are taking advantage of a rule the AFL allows, as are Fremantle, but we are not CHEATING.

Should there be a discussion surrounding the rule itself ? Abso****inglutely. The rule stinks. It reeks of the AFL not actually understanding the competition or their supporters. I don't like us taking this tactic, but if the club thinks it's in the best method to go all out and compete for the flag? So be it. If other clubs were in a similar position they would at least CONSIDER doing the same thing.

For the record, I'm more annoyed that we've supposedly been playing (yet again) players when they should be given time to rest/heal during the last 2 months, than I am about us resting them up now.

I hate this outragecentric society we live in now. Social media spreads it like wildfire, and the actual media cater to it for views, clicks and listens. People want to be able to bitch and moan and tell everyone how morally superior they are to the cheating, morally bankrupt plebs instead of actually discussing the issue rationally. The issue isn't that we ARE mass resting players, it's that the AFL has signed it off this year and allowed it in previous years. Additionally it just brings into focus how ****ed the fixture is in the first place, specifically the final round. Thank **** we're playing the first game and not the last.

Last of all: **** the haters and go the Roos!

38 is going to do a number on them.

Carey, Chickengate, Majak, Dumont... 'resting players fiasco'.

Can almost sense a trend.
145427_5fab_625x1000.jpg

Can you imagine the motivation speech of Scott.

You young blokes, everyone thinks you are shithouse. Go out out there and unleash hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back