Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs *essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant needs a spell. Sometimes does more harm than good to keep an underperforming player in the side. And Daw kicked a bag for Werribee so he should come in.

MacMillan out for harps.

And Hine is the other one, but think he'd be handy against a watson or goddard so he stays.

Well B.Scott has been quoted as saying he wont gift games and keep under performing players in the team!??!

A little off-topic but I just made a GIF and made it my avatar, how long does it usually take for it to work? Current avatar is still Hiney, even though it said it uploaded successfully.

It was up and running right after you made the above post Spits. You may have had to log out then log back in. Anyway, it's done. Nice work too. :thumbsu:

Who's your tip to win this year's "Archer-*name suppressed due to ongoing investigation* Medal"?

I'll guess Tarrant, on the back of a six goal haul.
Jesus - the reception *hird will get when he presents the medal will be interesting. By that time 95% of the *essendon supporters would have gone home. Hopefully we send him a message that drug cheats are not welcome in our sport.

Will we win by 60+???

I'm backing us 39+ but greed is good and 80+ seems viable.

Out: Garner

In: Greenwood to tag Stanton ( who had 38 and 2 goals against us recently ).

Wright stays in so I can see Goddard sook again.

In: Greenwood, Daw.
Out: Ziebell (rest), Tarrant

Also out - Jack Reacher's impatience. Jacobs and Gys are works in progress. I'm sure the club knew full well when they brought them in that they wouldn't hit the ground running this season. Jacobs has improved and both will be 10 x better with another pre-season under their belt. Two first round draft picks for peanuts is massive upside. We have more dross in the team to cut before them

Some good ideas in here as usual o_O, so far I've seen suggestions to drop Petrie (our Captain), Goldy, Hansen, Tarrant... is there a new height restriction at Etihad that I don't know about?

Out: Jacobs, Hine
In: Greenwoord, McKenzie

McKenzie and Garner to get the green and red vests respectively

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would that be to rub in just how badly we f***ed up taking him one pick ahead of Rory Sloane?
Ah, hindsight is a wonderful thing, ain't it? :) Presumably, on the evidence available at the time, LA had showed a lot more.

Wright took Goddard to the cleaners last year
Which goes to show a year is a long time in footy. Sammy is a shadow of the player he was against the Saints last year.

yes, every game
You've watched every game, but not every minute of Scott in the box. I believe that was the point.

Who's your tip to win this year's "Archer-*name suppressed due to ongoing investigation* Medal"?
Yikes. That's got a real Yin/Yang, Light/Shadow, Good/Evil, Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde, feel to it. Or should I say, more of one.

drjekyllandmrhyde.jpg

I'd like to see Jacobs play out the season, effectively backing up for Swallow in the guts. He is far from perfect, but I'm working on the assumption that our season is shot and it' better in the longer term to give him a look and a feeling of belonging. Ben strikes me as someone who will strive to repay the faith. His motivation at North appears to be everything it wasn't at Port. Not suggesting he'll make it, but I want to see him given the right opportunities and I think playing out the season does that.

It would be harsh to drop Garner after last week, but to be honest, I didn't really think he was ready to be selected, based on what I had read. I'd rather see Gysberts get a look in before the end of the year, with similar reasoning to Jacobs. Give him a taste in our seniors.

Ziebell? Slightest injury concern and I'd rest him. I'd join the rest of BigFooty in fits of apoplexy if he plays and aggravates or does serious damage as a result. No need to take risks with this precious commodity.

I can see a Greenwood for Hine swap, but think it depends mostly on match ups. Hine seems to play best as a tight tagging role, but I appreciate that he won't always have that luxury, so he does need to develop those strings in his bow. Can't believe how many people here seem unable or unwilling to appreciate the notion of 'development'. Anyways, I wouldn't be averse to either in the side this week. Both have their upsides and their downsides and neither would cause me grief.

Tarrant and/or Majak? Similar to above in some ways. Wouldn't be the worst thing for Majak to get another go, especially at home. The thing with Tarrant and Petrie is that when they both have a decent big defender on them, they don't quite do enough and it's up to the third forward or LT to make the most of things. Didn't really happen on the weekend, and it isn't the first time I don't think. I think it would be worse if Petrie and Majak were well held than Petrie and Tarrant, as Robbie at least creates room for others.

Currie? I wouldn't mind seeing him get at least one game this year. Let's not forget he hasn't registered a senior AFL debut anywhere, and I reckon it would mean a lot to him and from what we saw in the pre-season, I can't see him letting us down. Certainly no more than Goldy last week, or Goldy against *essendon last year. Ideally, I'd love to see us pick our ruck to suit the opposition's ruck opponent/s.

Grima or Delaney? Grima, if fit, without a doubt. While there may be signs that Nathan hasn't been playing at his best, I think his standard is still above Luke's standard. If there is a grounded perception that he has closed the gap (considerably) then that augers well for our depth. Great to see Luke play consistent footy in the 2's.

What does that mean for INs and OUTs? NFI.

Nice font Kimbo.

So nice in fact I agree with everything you mention without even reading it.

Yeah, bold and italics are the quickest way to get me to agree with you.

So shiny.
Kimbo should get in contact with Jimmy and offer to write his statements to the media.

Agree with Kimbo re: Tarrant.

Not sure he offers enough to the side when against decent opposition. Works hard to bring the ball to ground and has talent, but Majak giving Goldy a rest is a massive plus and could lift the side.

Also, Majak can do some work with the ball in hand in space, not sure if tarrant offers the same.

Give Garner a full game, lets have a good look at him.

Like the fact the B Mac is back, but Garner being dropped..? Oh wow thats cruel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs *essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back