Preview Changes/Preview – Round 15 vs. North

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a weird season though. So even. Get on a roll for a few weeks and you're top 4. Drop a couple you shouldn't(like us, and you're 12th). While I now think the flag isn't a realistic possibility, finals are surely still a chance. With the form we're in who knows, but we should be winning 2 of the next 3 which should put us back in the 8 with 7 rounds to go.
I guess we have different view on 'season over'. To me it's top 4 and a genuine crack. I was pretty optimistic early in the season but now I'm actually quite concerned about our personnel, too many players starting to show their age and we aren't seeing the youth come through. I also think we've lost too many should wins this year to trust the team anymore. I would rather the team bite their losses and start giving other players ago instead of persisting with the same players.

I guess we have different view on 'season over'. To me it's top 4 and a genuine crack. I was pretty optimistic early in the season but now I'm actually quite concerned about our personnel, too many players starting to show their age and we aren't seeing the youth come through. I also think we've lost too many should wins this year to trust the team anymore. I would rather the team bite their losses and start giving other players ago instead of persisting with the same players.
Wasn't that long ago that we'd all froth at the prospect of making finals. I still think that should be any teams goal. Sure, I get why we should tank and go for a higher position on the draft board. And hey, it might turn out that way without trying, but I still think it's an achievement to play finals. We've missed finals for so long that being a part of it should always be the goal.

B- McVee May Tomlinson
HB- Rivers Petty Bowey
C- Langdon Oliver Hunter
HF- ANB Brown Chandler
F- Jefferson Van Rooyen Fritsch
FOLL- Gawn Salem Viney
I/C- Windsor, McAdam, Sparrow, Woewodin
Sub- AMW

Wasn't that long ago that we'd all froth at the prospect of making finals. I still think that should be any teams goal. Sure, I get why we should tank and go for a higher position on the draft board. And hey, it might turn out that way without trying, but I still think it's an achievement to play finals. We've missed finals for so long that being a part of it should always be the goal.
Agreed.

And I know it’s proven practically impossible to win it from outside the 4, but once you’re in finals anything could happen on the day.

I’ll be pleased if we scrape into the 8 this year.

Agreed.

And I know it’s proven practically impossible to win it from outside the 4, but once you’re in finals anything could happen on the day.

I’ll be pleased if we scrape into the 8 this year.
Either tank and go for bottom 4 or try for finals. I fn hate that middle ground of 9th to 14th. Happy to play the kids to see what they have if we're deciding to go for a top 4 draft pick. Maybe there's a kid we have our eye on, like we did with Humphrey. If that's the case, then play the kids and let's see what they've got. But I'll be happy if we get into finals as well as quite frankly, I've seen too many finals series without us a part of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either tank and go for bottom 4 or try for finals. I fn hate that middle ground of 9th to 14th. Happy to play the kids to see what they have if we're deciding to go for a top 4 draft pick. Maybe there's a kid we have our eye on, like we did with Humphrey. If that's the case, then play the kids and let's see what they've got. But I'll be happy if we get into finals as well as quite frankly, I've seen too many finals series without us a part of it.
Having lived through the tanking disaster, I definitely don’t want to see that again.

I’m all for trying to improve, noting that the way to improve might be by getting some games into kids etc.

It would be nice to get a high draft pick though that’s for sure - hopefully we can do something clever at the trade table.

There are a few good midfielders in that top 6 or so this year and we desperately need another quality young mid coming through.

Smillie, O’Sullivan, Smith, Draper and Moraes all look pretty good. There’s also a tall defender named Trainor who will go very high and he would be a good fit too.

I have no problem with tanking. If we'd picked Fyfe and Martin instead of Scully and Trenners absolutely no one would be sooking about it.
I would, because idk about Fyfe but i feel for sure we would have butchered Martin's development the way the club was then

I would, because idk about Fyfe but i feel for sure we would have butchered Martin's development the way the club was then
Absolutely. Pretty much everything we did sucked back then: development, list management, drafting, trading.
Tanking was the only right decision lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back