Preview Changes/Preview – Round 18 vs. Essendon - IN: Petty the RUCK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt at the time the pick was a bit wtf. Lions fans were happy to see the back of him and what I've seen of him at Casey hasn't filled me with any confidence at all that he could hold down a ruck position. The small amount of games he got for the Lions he was merely a pinch hitter in the ruck and even though i haven't looked at his stats, I'd say the ruck stats are pretty underwhelming. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Tmac and JVR's ruck stats are better. Fullerton is more like a Schache from what I've seen of him. Probably a waste of a trade/pick, but i guess we needed some sort of Plan C. I'm a little shocked Verrall didn't get the call up. I'd say he hasn't had enough time after his concussion.
At the time he looked more like a tall mobile forward hail Mary that could pinch hit in the ruck to me. Not a backup ruckman.

I still think there is potential in him. Good size and fairly mobile. Set shot goal kicking looks good. Hasn't got a clean run at it injury wise and competitiveness looks questionable. Schache comparisons are bang on (maybe slightly smaller and more mobile) but maybe still young enough (by tall player standards) that he can become something else.

It's back up now after some heavy comment moderation.
I dont get it, out of all the weeks to melt hard like this why wait til now over which terrible backup ruckman will play in place of Gawn? There has been way more melt worthy things along the way this year.

I dont get it, out of all the weeks to melt hard like this why wait til now over which terrible backup ruckman will play in place of Gawn? There has been way more melt worthy things along the way this year.
Yeah, this was the way to go IMO if not giving Verall a go. Schache sucks, K-Mart Schache sucks more, might as well play a tall guy who has at least appeared to be a footballer previously.

Lol did I miss an epic melt session. No good
Apparently, Im not in any Dees related Facebook groups so have no idea, Dancing Potato to post links or screenshots to social media melts please

Yeah, this was the way to go IMO if not giving Verall a go. Schache sucks, K-Mart Schache sucks more, might as well play a tall guy who has at least appeared to be a footballer previously.
People should be melting hard over Tom Sparrow being given a game every week.

Facebook has always the meltiest place on the internet. I've never understood it. If I am going to post like a complete psychopath there is no way it would be in the one place I'm actually showing my face and name and where all my friends and family can see it.

To be fair, the comments every week have been a bit of a meltdown. This week just appears to be the straw that broke the camels back for everyone.

To be fair, the comments every week have been a bit of a meltdown. This week just appears to be the straw that broke the camels back for everyone.
Bet there were lots of !! And lots of Tim Lamb failed again posts

People should be melting hard over Tom Sparrow being given a game every week.
For me, what raises the temperature is the orange blob, Fritsch and Petty being given a game no matter how bad their on field (or off field) performance.

Facebook has always the meltiest place on the internet. I've never understood it. If I am going to post like a complete psychopath there is no way it would be in the one place I'm actually showing my face and name and where all my friends and family can see it.
Facebook has nothing on Twitter. That's the Wild West in there.

For me, what raises the temperature is the orange blob, Fritsch and Petty being given a game no matter how bad their on field (or off field) performance.
tbf though, Fritta at least gives us goals. He might not chase or offer much else, but he's consistently been the only forward who gives us goals(maybe Koz as well). Hard to drop a bloke who is about the only reliable forward who gives us goals.

Ive got no problem with Fritsch playing every week, Fritch is still a match winner despite being in bad form, only needs 5 touches to kick 3 goals. Who else on our list can do that? No one. What does Sparrow do with 12-15 possessions? Sweet FA every single week. No match winning ability whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fritsch is equal 9th in the Coleman with 32 goals having a bad year, playing in a side who cant kick a score to save themselves most weeks, sure he pisses me off with his lazy efforts, but good luck replacing him and finding someone better on our list.

Fritsch is equal 9th in the Coleman with 32 goals having a bad year, playing in a side who cant kick a score to save themselves most weeks, sure he pisses me off with his lazy efforts, but good luck replacing him and finding someone better on our list.
I agree but his effort against North was bin worthy. Jackson Archer slaughtered him. Deserved a week in the magoos for that but he’s been fine either side of it, annoying lazy stuff notwithstanding.

I agree but his effort against North was bin worthy. Jackson Archer slaughtered him. Deserved a week in the magoos for that but he’s been fine either side of it, annoying lazy stuff notwithstanding.
I didnt watch most of the game but the bits I did see he was playing far higher than he should have been. Never been any good anywhere other than deep in the 50. Dumb coaching.

I have been thinking about Petty's selection and the thing is he was probably coming into the side regardless of Gawn being injured or not. Goodwin is stubborn to try make Petty forward work. Sad thing is Andy Moniz Wakefield probably makes way if Gawn didn't come out because Goodwin doesn't like playing youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back