Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last time we got humiliated (by Brisbane) we went on a 9 game winning streak.

Can you see where I’m going with this?
Were going to win 3 games this year and the next 6 in 2025?

When we lose on Friday can we booooo Ken?

Hey Team Port, I’m struggling to find info about the Butters “injury”. Obviously we don’t want him to play as he’s a jet. Is there any inside info about that coming from your side?

We just lost Frost for the season with stress fractures in the foot which probably doesn’t look like much of a loss from the outside but it’s definitely made the hawthorn fraternity concerned as he is probably our strongest defender and provides a huge amount of rebound out of defence which is a big part of our formula. We don’t really have a replacement for him either. People are talking about Ethan Phillips who is 25 and played one senior game and is about to get delisted this off season or Jao Serong has been in great form in the VFL but is light and undersized and would get monstered one on one with a Dixon/Radagolea type. 😬

Should be a great game and I’m not as confident as the media is suggesting we should be. Hopefully it’s a great contest whoever wins. Good luck.

Hey Team Port, I’m struggling to find info about the Butters “injury”. Obviously we don’t want him to play as he’s a jet. Is there any inside info about that coming from your side?

We just lost Frost for the season with stress fractures in the foot which probably doesn’t look like much of a loss from the outside but it’s definitely made the hawthorn fraternity concerned as he is probably our strongest defender and provides a huge amount of rebound out of defence which is a big part of our formula. We don’t really have a replacement for him either. People are talking about Ethan Phillips who is 25 and played one senior game and is about to get delisted this off season or Jao Serong has been in great form in the VFL but is light and undersized and would get monstered one on one with a Dixon/Radagolea type. 😬

Should be a great game and I’m not as confident as the media is suggesting we should be. Hopefully it’s a great contest whoever wins. Good luck.
Monstered by Dixon.... You haven't watched us much have you?

We're shot, you've got nothing to worry about.

Butters most probably will play but if he does he won’t be 100%.

The Hawks have something that Port do not have and that's an "on" switch for the finals. The Hawks and the Cats are on a different level when September football is being played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many players are not 100% this time of year.
If he’s got bruised Ribs I’d doubt he’d play.
If he does he’s going to be limited.
If you have ever had them in your life they are very painful for some time.
Depending on how serious it can take up to 6 weeks or more for full recovery.

This is because of the high press where our midfielders are either close or inside fwd 50 when we don't have the ball in an attempt to lock it in. All Geelong had to do was beat that first layer by running it out with hand. It then creates the "space" that Chris Scott was talking about pre-game for them to attack.

Port across the season have been one of the worst inside their own def 50 when the ball hits the deck. So if they don't clean it up in air, at ground level we are slow to react. Add to the fact that we had DBJ there who has not been in that role for a while, it makes sense how the Geelong small forwards to us to the cleaners.
It might help if some defenders actually stayed down so they could get a ground ball!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reading the Oppo boards these days makes great reading. There’s hardly any love for Ken, in fact he’s regularly ridiculed & mocked alongside the corpse that is Dixon. Some Hawks poster said they could put a literal potato on Charlie & it would still win it’s position.

One of the funniest posts I ever read was a few weeks ago regarding the Cheese. The poster had genuinely never heard of him before despite watching a lot of Port games. We truly are a laughing stock of the competition.

Last edited:
I'd honestly suggest STRONGLY that they throw Jones up forward. Maybe GOTO Sicily. Throw Sav back in defence again and yeah, bring Todd back in. Dixon definitely will be playing.

So...

FB Aliir Zerk Esava
HB L.Evans Bergman Burton
C Burgoyne Wines Boak
HF Rozee Marshall Jones
FF Rioli Dixon Georgiades

FOLL Sweet JHF Butters

INT Drew Mead Sinn DJB

SUB Narkle

🤷

If Dixon doesn't get into the game then they can just sub him off, bring Narkle on, throw Sav forward and Jones back.

You just know McEntee is going to stay in the side to “tag” Sicily

we are so unequivocally ****ed this week. There is absolutely no chance mitchell chucks the rack in the cue in the last quarter of a game especially a semi final. There is no way the way we competed we do a complete 1080 and play out of our skins. We will be down by at least 5 goals within the first 10 minutes. No passion, no drive, no chance.

i have strong feelings in my gut the week leading up to games, they are for the most part accurate.

I dare say i have a really good feeling about this game.

Reading the Oppo boards these days makes great reading. There’s hardly any love for Ken, in fact he’s regularly ridiculed & mocked alongside the corpse that is Dixon. Some Hawks poster said they could put a literal potato on Charlie & it would still win it’s position.

One of the funniest posts I ever read was a few weeks ago regarding the Cheese. The poster had genuinely never heard of him before despite watching a lot of Port games. We truly are a laughing stock of the competition.

I couldn’t name you 95% of the hawks team and I’m being generous to myself. Why would this poster know of mozzarella cheese , like he’s some all Australian wizz dynamo ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back