Preview Changes & Preview Round 17 - Ports vs Dogs @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just leave him out. Just because we totally overpaid for him at the trade table doesn't mean we need to double down on the error and play him all the time.
But I suspect it was a coaches call
Like teakle, so will be persisted with out of pride
Thought rat as a kpd would fail & am waiting for him to be swung into kpf/ ruck position soon to try to salvage something

I would argue that starting Lorenz is not a great idea in a game where we are likely to be dominated and Stinkers will look for scapegoats
This is part of the self-inflicted challenge of debuting a player as sub and bringing him on 3/4 into the game.

He did enough to get another go. But wasn't given enough gametime to really show if he's ready for AFL or not.

Maybe he plays one more as sub, but at that point, he'll need a full game and it'd be harsh to drop him after 2 quarters in 2 weeks.

This is part of the self-inflicted challenge of debuting a player as sub and bringing him on 3/4 into the game.

He did enough to get another go. But wasn't given enough gametime to really show if he's ready for AFL or not.

Maybe he plays one more as sub, but at that point, he'll need a full game and it'd be harsh to drop him after 2 quarters in 2 weeks.
Completely agree he needs to play but maybe just not this game I'd like to see him play 45 minutes again. If there are no injuries sub him for Narkle.

It probably eases the debut for him. It's a huge step change from SANFL to AFL, particularly the speed. At 3/4 time where other players are more fatigued and the speed is a bit slower.

Do agree with your point of not knowing if he's AFL ready or not - didn't seem out of place to me.

No chance of us kicking a winning score with our current forward line.

Dogs will dominate the midfield battle and it will be over very early into the game.

Which will leave plenty of time to boo Donuts at every opportunity.

Rioli to return, Todd Marshall is ok. Burgoyne and Jones to be assessed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rioli and Burgoyne come in, it will be interesting to see who drops out.

Narkle did ok, Lorenz I'd give another go as sub (can play reduced mins in the SANFL a day later).

Jones to me should be out. Boak I've got on thin ice. Farrell needs to defend better.

Don't think Visentini fits since Sweet did a good job this week, and I'm not sure they'd drop Lord or Marshall to play 2 rucks.

Last edited:
Port in shocking form. Should have been 4 losses in a row if the Saints were a serious football club.
Dogs in good form. Will be full of confidence.

We are absolutely ripe to get spanked again and I fully expect we'll be beginning to raise the white flag sometime during the second or third quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back