Preview Changes/Preview - Round 19 vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the go with Woewodin, he barely ever plays a full match, so why would he be left out "managed"??
Bad corky this week apparently, didn’t want to make him fly

we were extremely lucky to get away with the Petty selection last week, we won't get lucky twice.

the Billings selection is mystifying.

Freo by 100+
Fullerton would be just as bad as Petty. Even though I'd love to see Verrall debut, reality is once Gawn goes down we don't have a decent back up. Billings or Laurie? Probably both sitting on the pine as sub. Just rotating spuds really.

Fullerton would be just as bad as Petty. Even though I'd love to see Verrall debut, reality is once Gawn goes down we don't have a decent back up. Billings or Laurie? Probably both sitting on the pine as sub. Just rotating spuds really.
I honestly don't see how Fullerton can be any worse than Petty- Sure he might be just as bad but we don't know that for sure, he would HAVE to be more competitive in the ruck to allow JVR some time forward surely.

Billings has been sub twice this year and offered absolutely nothing both times (and most of the time he's been in the 22) I'm not a Laurie fan but at least he has youth on his side.

I honestly don't see how Fullerton can be any worse than Petty- Sure he might be just as bad but we don't know that for sure, he would HAVE to be more competitive in the ruck to allow JVR some time forward surely.

Billings has been sub twice this year and offered absolutely nothing both times (and most of the time he's been in the 22) I'm not a Laurie fan but at least he has youth on his side.
I’d take petty to take on Darcy before Fullarton. Fullartons more a tall forward that rucks and petty will be able to body Darcy and hopefully make Jackson uncomfortable. Saying that, it will be a team effort between petty, JVR and disco

I’d take petty to take on Darcy before Fullarton. Fullartons more a tall forward that rucks and petty will be able to body Darcy and hopefully make Jackson uncomfortable. Saying that, it will be a team effort between petty, JVR and disco
Petty wasn't doing much bodying against Draper & Darcy/Jackson are both way better than him. You're effectively asking JVR to go it alone- Petty is non competitive in there.

we were extremely lucky to get away with the Petty selection last week, we won't get lucky twice.

the Billings selection is mystifying.

Freo by 100+
Its not the hitouts we have to win... but taking marks around the ground, especially between the arcs, is crucial.

The centre-bounces, they can make it difficult for Freo, and help with our defensive efforts around the ball.

Petty wasn't doing much bodying against Draper & Darcy/Jackson are both way better than him. You're effectively asking JVR to go it alone- Petty is non competitive in there.
I do hope Fullarton gets a go at some stage this year but I think it’s going to be supporting max. I’ve only seen a bit of Fullarton at Casey but the assumption must be he’ll struggle to take on the bigger rucks around the ground. Happy to get more intel on Fullarton if anyone’s been watching him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petty's giving away around 20kg to Darcy and has the physicality of a wet lettuce leaf this year. Hodor will monster him

Petty's giving away around 20kg to Darcy and has the physicality of a wet lettuce leaf this year. Hodor will monster him
I expect us to loose the ball ups but we need to break even at worse on contests around the ground. It’s not an ideal situation period but putting Fullarton and JVR vs Darcy and Jackson makes less sense to me.

Fullerton is ok if he gets a run at the ball up . When it becomes physical he appears to be too easily shoved off the ball . Begs the question , why did we get him? Verall is the opposite , can't appear to jump very high but isn't as easy to shove off the ball.

Last edited:
It seemed in preseason that Verall was tracking well as the backup ruck. Played both praccy games i think?

That said Fullerton at the time had just done his hamstring

Fullerton would be just as bad as Petty.

Based on what exactly?

Fullarton had 7 clearances and 21 disposals last week. Petty is averaging 8 disposals and 0.1 clearances this year. Fullarton would absolutely be worth a shot in place of Petty in terms of what Goody wants to try and do with the ruck. That's not even taking into account scoreboard impact, Petty has kicked 4 goals for the year. 4. Fullarton has more than that just in the last month while playing a fair bit of ruck with Verrall out.

Yeah it's completely different levels, not saying Faullarton would be great, but keeping him out based on Petty's current contributions is an appalling look for our selection integrity and culture.

Darcy would literally murder Fullerton who is basically Schache 2.0. At least Petty has the body to kinda cope. Fullerton is a spud. Have you seen him play? I don't know. It's like saying which is better Ben Brown or Josh Schache. Both spuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back